Farve denies will talk to Bears

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yeah, and did anybody besides me even bother to read the linked article or the quote I copied and past from it where Lovie Smith says they won't bother?
Go ahead. Go back to page one and scroll back up to #16 to take a look.
I'll wait.

I think everyone is actually in love with him, cause when ever someone needs a quarterback, who's the first name that always comes up? FAVRE!!!! People claim they hate him and are so tired of hearing about him but even before the season started, we heard about him going to Miami. It's become so old and pointless, it's past the point of beating a dead horse. Why is he the only name that ever comes up when someone needs a quarterback? What about Jake Delhomme or anyone else that is currently in the washed up quarterback category?

I am just so sick of hearing about Brett. He didn't come back this year, but it just so happens everyone misses him and will do anything to bring his name into a conversation because as much as they don't want him to come back, they actually do.

The league and the media needs to move on from Favre, find someone else to constantly talk about that is not playing anymore.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think everyone is actually in love with him, cause when ever someone needs a quarterback, who's the first name that always comes up? FAVRE!!!! People claim they hate him and are so tired of hearing about him but even before the season started, we heard about him going to Miami. It's become so old and pointless, it's past the point of beating a dead horse. Why is he the only name that ever comes up when someone needs a quarterback? What about Jake Delhomme or anyone else that is currently in the washed up quarterback category?

I am just so sick of hearing about Brett. He didn't come back this year, but it just so happens everyone misses him and will do anything to bring his name into a conversation because as much as they don't want him to come back, they actually do.

The league and the media needs to move on from Favre, find someone else to constantly talk about that is not playing anymore.

I think Brett needs it for his ego. The talk around the league is how great the Pack and A-Rod are, Tebow, Luck, Manning MIA, Brees and his record pace, etc. Not one mention of Favre. He misses the attention and is eager to get his name mentioned again.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think Brett needs it for his ego. The talk around the league is how great the Pack and A-Rod are, Tebow, Luck, Manning MIA, Brees and his record pace, etc. Not one mention of Favre. He misses the attention and is eager to get his name mentioned again.

But it's not Favre this time, it's the media pumping his name through the papers. It's easy to blame Favre, as he did it a lot when he was playing, but now it's strictly the media.

The talk should be on Rodgers, Brees, and the guys that are playing, not the ones that are retired.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And guys how do we know what Brett said?? A source said this?? Maybe someone asked him, "hey, cutler got hurt and hanie isn't performing...if the Bears called you would you take the call?" Maybe Brett said "Absolutely" or maybe he said "sure why not..." or "I guess" We have no idea what was said or how it was said. Such an overreaction. Quite amazing that everyone runs with what one article says citing one source. Who knows the context of the conversation.

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your forgetting the BF lovers. Those people will follow him regard less what team hes on.

Only people that will like him are the nutjobs at the BF Board.

I don't see Favre coming back to any team, much less the Chicago. If he did, it would be all hype, then they too would implode like Minnesota eventually did. With the roll the Packers are on, I imagine more stories will be coming out by reporters who are either trying to increase their readership, or cause drama for the Packers. They are after all, in the media spotlight because they are possibly on the road to make history.

With regard, to Favre I'm different than many here in that I don't harbor bad feelings against #4. Favre was a key player in turning around a team that had stunk for years and was a laughing stock to many. I still recall the crud I caught for being a loyal Packers fan in the pre-Favre years. In the end, he brought a lot of winning seasons to Green Bay, following some long, dark years.

Did he make some poor choices towards the end and tarnish his reputation? Sure he did. However, I believe many of those poor choices (not counting the pics of his unit and texting) were because of the same thing that helped him do great things for the Packers; he was a tough competitor. So he played for the Vikings? How well did that work out for them? If anything, other than a decent 2009 season, I think the Favre move to Minnesota had a negative impact on their organization, which is still showing itself today with them being 2-10.

Heck, if what happened to the Vike's were to happen to the Bears, then I'm all for Favre moving to Chicago. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears at 2-10 in coming years as well.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the deal with Favre: he's a media *****. He still(apparently) has a grudge...Kansas City and Houston were looking for backups too...but his overall need is to be needed by the media. He can't live a simple life...he needs to be at the center of attention. This is his last shot....as Donovan McNabb finally found out what many people in the league already knew, he can't play anymore. A year away from his last action(prior to which he stunk) means Favre is shooting for one last breadcrumb of fame in the arena.
What he needs to do is try to rebuild his image so he CAN regain the media stage as an honored member of the Green Bay Packers. To still be pissed at the Packers after seeing what Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have built is a joke. Ron Wolf pulled him out of a drunken stupor in Atlanta and Mike Holmgren made him a professional. He should remember without the Packers, Jerry Glanville was going to put Favre on the scrap pile in Atlanta.
So he can whine all he wants and try to get revenge, but the fact is when he grows up and realizes the Packers made him what he is today, he will join the long list of Packers greats. Until then, he's in a catagory of his own: a Hall of Fame ex-Packer who doesn't like the team.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So a "source" in some article says he is listening, means he is?

I say it is all a lie, and you all know how I feel about Brett

We've all learned by now that with Brent, where there's smoke, there's often fire. Unless he comes out, personally, and vehemently denies it, I'll continue to believe it's true, because he's never proven otherwise in these situations.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We've all learned by now that with Brent, where there's smoke, there's often fire. Unless he comes out, personally, and vehemently denies it, I'll continue to believe it's true, because he's never proven otherwise in these situations.

I am pretty confident it is not coming from Brett..

You continue to believe it is true , I wont

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember after the 2005 season when Brett was supposed to announce his retirement at the press conference for his golf tournament and we all got up at 5:00 on a Saturday to watch his announcement? Then he sits down at the table and looks at all the cameras and says, "I don't know why y'all came out this morning..."

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be coming from his camp, but I still think he has no intentions of playing at all. My guess it it's a publicity stunt, him trying to keep himself relevant. If the Bears are stupid enough to entertain the idea, I think they are getting played out. They'd do better with McNabb.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What if he would "listen" then politely say no thank you?

Then the source is right...But not in the terms people are going nutts over

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are ridiculous. It is a joke how people get up in arms and have no idea what was said. I would like people to give me the respect if someone said I said something to not put to much stock into it unless they directly heard it from me. So, I'm going to treat everyone the same, including Brett.

We don't know a) what was said b) how it was said c) who he said it to d) did he come out and say it e) if he was asked f) and who was the source.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Oh come on. This has to be some kind of prank. Even the Bears are not this stupid.

You kidding me? I mean this is th Chicago Bears we're talking about, isn't it? The Bears that thought Cutler would get them to a Superbowl, thought Roy (Oops, Dropped Another One) Williams was going to get them to the Superbowl. Heck thought Cade McNown was going to get them to a Superbowl.

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love the sense of entitlement Brett has .. haha

"If the bears call.."

OH BRETT! OH BRETT! PLEASE! Help us turn our team around! :(

:rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts