1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

farewell

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by P@ck66, Mar 26, 2006.

1. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    That's it...i'm not posting here anymore...

I'm getting tired of all of these GEN-X nintendo, fantasy football playing moderators deleting my posts for NO GOOD REASON...

When a ridiculous m****n is allowed to insult and spread his cancer all over the forum...and insult good posters like Bruce, DePack..etc...

YOu should call this the Tromadz Packer forum...because that's what it's turning into...it's turning into a joke..But like you say..It's your forum...it's a priviledge..not a right to post here....

So I am excercising my priviledge not to post here...I'll just go somewhere else...many will cheer...so be it...

Look at the eighth post down and try to figure out what said poster is responding to....and you will see what i mean..

(ps..I'm sure this will be edited or deleted...by the powers that be...but I've been accused of using icons that were publicly available...but only in retaliation to the juvenile...******** that attacked me....if that's the way you wanna play...so be it...it's your forum children...)

2. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: WR position

Don't leave, P@ck66!

3. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Good bye

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

First of all 66, no one is getting on you for only using those icons, you did do something else, and I'm refering to the post you had in the Atrium.

Secondly many will not miss you, but the fact is that if you get over your negativity and decide to NOT bash TT or Trom in every post, you had some good stuff to say. I can't figure out for the life of me why you don't post like that more often. It's always good to have a different side of the story, so to speak, but you often tainted your ideas with attacks and negativity. It is your right to choose not to post here, but the fact is that if you ever decide to come back and then post some of the good stuff you have in the past, you will be welcomed back with open arms.

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Moved from Smack Area to Atrium.

66, I would like to see you stay, we have been trying to defuse the problems on the site for a week or so now. This thing betweeen you and Trom needs to stop, perhaps you guys (either of both) taking a break may help this situation. The emoitcons in question were removed last night as well, actually prior to your request as I chose to do it to help the board.

Like I said, I would like to have you stay but as you pointed out you certainly may exercise your right to leave. You do bring a good view of the game to the site, when you and Trom aren't going at it and thank you for your posts.

Ryan

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Which view is good? hehe :p

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree Ryan.........different opinions are good........when they are made without trying to destroy those that don't agree with you. Hopefully the hatred can be defused.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah the hate is too much. Minus the hate it would be great!

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well...there you go. Overzealous and INCONSISTENT moderators that take sides in an ongoing battle, causes the loss of a knowledgeable poster.

Can't say I didn't warn you guys. I can only afford the time to post on one forum. This one was great. If another one is discovered you'll lose many more members. By taking sides, moderators determine the direction this board goes. I'm not talking about all of them but you know who you are.

BTW....If overzealous and inconsistent are no longer allowed on this forum, feel free to edit the way you want.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Moderators have opinions too. If they happen to agree with one or the other, can't they voice it? I mean, without being blasted? I have seen too many times where a comment by someone gets attacked viciously by someone else, with name calling that just ISN'T necessary. If people want to throw names at each other, that will be seen by anyone (even kids) that visit here, why don't they just have their little tantrum with PM's back and forth to each other? Why does the whole board have to be subjected to the childish ramblings? Or have attack threads in the "SMACK" area, where everyone else doesn't HAVE to be subjected to it.
    Let them take it private if they can't act mature.
    Good points get buried in a mire of garbage.
    I have seen MANY good points, that i end up ignoring cause the poster turns it into another opportunity to attack someone they don't like.
    I feel like yelling at my screen "For crying out loud, can't you all get along without turning EVERY post into a i hate you thread???" It gets tired after awhile.
    And it was NOT getting any better.......just worse. I can SEE why Ryan had to step in and put an end to it. I don't blame him at all. And the guys who moderate? I don't want that job BECAUSE of the abuse thrown upon them for doing what they were asked to do. The rules are NOT that difficult to follow.
    Thats my opinion at least.

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Unfortunately, inaccurate comments like this do not benefit anyone. If you have a concern, take it up with the person in question through PM.

12. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

It's my opinion. It's my understanding that voicing your opinion is fair game unless you take personal shots. If that's not the case go ahead and delete it or edit it.

Your post is just one example of what I am talking about. Don't tell me how to post or when to use PM and when not to. Do your job and quit trying to influence the direction of the threads please.

13. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I am asuming you are replying to my post? I never said mods couldn't express their opinions. Just don't play favorites when moderating a dispute. If you think it isn't happening, you are not paying attention.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    My question is........why does it seem the majority of threads have to turn into major disputes, where it ends up with big time name calling? I can understand if it happens once in awhile, but several times a day??? It's rediculous. NO excuse for that kind of behaviour from adults. The mods shouldn't HAVE to be the bad guys.If adults would just ACT like adults, there never would have been this problem in the first place. To blame the mods is putting the blame in the wrong place. And the people doing it were being warned all along, right? Yet it kept continuing. It seems "Doesn't play well with others" is more fitting.
    If a comment can't be made without looking for a way to purposely get under the skin of someone the person has made obvious that they don't like, maybe they shouldn't post it.

15. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wow pack66, you take internet message boards too seriously. If you're mad enough to stop posting on here do you really have to have an exit post? If your that mad just go. I've gotten into a few disagreements with other posters in the past and the mods have been more than fair. And I'm from a rival team! It's an internet message board, it's for fun and information. It's not the end of the world.

16. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    dont leave pack66 I enjoyyour posts on here along with everyone elses...

17. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    can't believe i missed this one...

66 is leaving?!?!

a little piece of me just died inside :cry:

take it easy P@ck...

18. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You need to ask trom that question.

19. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Thought this was about P@ck66 leaving? Not about trom or DePack.

Show some respect and say comments to encourage 66 to stay.

20. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ok 66 - here comes the "voice of reason" as you so kindly called me the other day... :wink:

do not leave!! we don't agree on everything - hell, we don't agree on alot of things but it's fun having you on here. i will say that i am sick to death of the fights between you & trom but i think you are BOTH responsible for those posts. by you leaving, it feels like you're the only one taking responsibility for the constant arguing & that's just not right & certainly not warranted.

please stay & i'll flash ya my b......!!! (edited by me!) :oops: :wink: :lol:

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree with 4pack here..........there really is no reason to leave, people just need to moderate themselves to avoid trouble. If someone tries to egg you on, don't fall for the bait. Someone has to be the bigger person is all thats needed. If it comes down to it, agree to disagree and move on.
    There's enough "blame" to go around. Theres nothing wrong with making a mistake, just learn from it and keep on truckin'!
    And besides........4pack will flash you her B...........(Boston Baked Beans???) :wink: :lol:

22. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    and another thing...

one poster in particular is noticeably absent in this thread. i can't believe he has nothing to say. any thoughts?

23. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Trouble shouldn't be asked for.

24. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, maybe i was asking for trouble but in my opinion, a real man faces his sparring partner, shakes his hand, & wishes him well before AND after the fight!!

25. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    NOW we're getting somewhere!