1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

farewell to my news chronicle friends

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by faninOz, Aug 12, 2005.

1. faninOz

faninOz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like many News Chronicle posters I came to the board when the NC closed. I had thought I had found a home here like I had there.

Unfortunately I have found that respect for posters is not present when you can be laughed at for not being the first to make a post about a topic. As I had only just got home from work on Saturday afternoon when I read the news about Grossman I made a post and which was greeted by arrowgargantuan with laughter and snide comments. The topic was then locked not giving me a chance to remove it when I realised that others had already posted on the topic. To be treated that way is not what the NC people had led me to believe was the way Packer fans would treat a fellow fan. I will be forever grateful to those of you who helped me come to an understanding of your game but I will not post again. I will continue to follow the Packers to the best of my ability Down Under but that is becoming more difficult as I leave this board.

Congratulations arrowgargantuan on forcing this middle-aged Aussie to leave the board.

Maybe when you realise that others can be hurt by your comments you may think before you post in future and not post comments until you know the person. That way you may not give offence.

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    fanin, I am sorry you feel this way. I can not speak for arrow but I would bet he was simply "laughing" because we had that same article posted almost a half dozen times and it was just funny that we had to keep locking them. It was certainly nothing against you personally (not that I am arrow, but I know that he's not like that). I hope you reconsider your choice to leave as we love having as many packers fans here as possible and I would hate to lose one over a misunderstanding in text on the internet!

I invite you to stay, you are certainly welcome to, or welcome to come back in the future if you would like.

Ryan

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    woah! fan, slow down!

maybe it's the cultural difference or the fact that you can't hear my voice..but i honestly can't figure out why you got offended. thats beside the point though..i dont want you to go anywhere. Ryan is right, im simply not like that.

before you decide to take off for good, send me a message so we can clear this up. just hit the box marked "pm" underneath my post.

take it easy.

4. vixtalkn

vixtalkn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's definitely their board Oz.

[​IMG]

Like you, I miss the Chronicle board. Did we even have a moderator there?

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Most people that come here, come here so they don't have to deal with the b.s. of an unmoderated board. No talking politics in the footballl threads, no having to surf through meaningless crap to get to the on topic posts/threads. We move, monitor and maintain the posts and this board for easy reading and on topic conversation. Sure they still swager off on tangents here and there, but nothing link the unmoderated flame fest you find at unmonitored forums.

6. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I hate to sound like this Ryan but if they wish to go or talk about how it's better somewhere else, let them go. I appreciate the fact that you all monitor, move, lock out threads to keep this forum as much about football and moreso the Packers where appropriate. I think you guys do an excellent job and the more I post here, the more I disagree with vixtalkn, it's "our" board.

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will not lie, the old NC board is missed by me (and I would think by other ex-members), but the fact is that this forum is a change that will take time to adapt to. Many people had spent 3 or more years on the old NC forum, so its not easy to make a transision onto the new forum. But with that said, I think Ryan and his moderators have done an outstanding job. I don't think the old NC forum had moderators, and I think we all saw what happened. This forum, due to large parts of effort from the moderators and Ryan, allows Pack fans to come on and not waste our time with useless posts. Plus it's nice to know that people like SW don't ruin the forum posting 20 topics a day regarding how the Pack are going to suck. FaninOz, from the short time I have seen the posts of Arrow, he seems to be one with a more comical attitude, and thus has a few more laughs (not that there is anything wrong with that). FaninOz, Arrow would be more than willing to sort this mis-understanding out, and I for one hope you will be able to stay.

8. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I know what you mean ND but not wanting to sound like that. I know I can please everyone but I certainly don't want true Packers fans going away angry either. I started this site for fun and it has taken off rather well. I appreciate our regulars and even those that lurk in the shadows just reading. We have a pretty good dynamic of users here, just would rather not lose any, especially over a context misunderstanding such as this!

All About, I am glad you have stuck out the transition (as I am glad the other NC users have as well). We just run things a little different here. Good, bad, I don't know, just different. Some people like it, some dont. We try and keep things on topic so people don't waste their time, as you mentioned. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't, we do our best, remember how much we are getting paid for this :) $0.00 and remember how much this site costs me to run a month ~$75.00 just for the connection, not counting the hours I put into it. So like I said, we do our best, and a I am glad you appreciate it!

9. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    This is Ryan's board and I think he's doing a damn good job.

I don't go to the smack board as it is really pointless, but I wonder if it could be the "garbage bin" that some of the others want. I know Gravedigger sincerely loved the political forums and I don't see him around here much. Unfortunately, he's hanging around ZBud's board which I have all but left due to the predominately 'anti-Sherman and the Packers are stupid" themes.

No one is ever pleased in total. But it is nice to come to a spot where most of the people are civil.

10. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That really sucks for you to be treated this way. Wish you could stay. Why would they treat you like this? I had a topic and it was locked too. Why? I still plan to stick around though

11. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Packerchick, it was a misunderstanding due to typing and not knowing what people are really saying by just reading their words. If there was a topic locked of yours I'm sure it was for something simple like a duplicate post or other reason. I will surely take a look at it for you if you would like.

From now on we will make sure to make a note of why the topic is locked (which I think we did a pretty good job on, but appearently I was not correct in thinking that) and we will provide a link to the first article posted on the subject if it is being locked as a duplicate.

12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    coo

13. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Boosting your post count by editing quotes again slick? :p

14. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Yes there was a moderator. I know this because a bunch of thin skinned crybabies complained to him to have me banned from the site. I was smart enough to get around that every time and that drove some of you crazy. I remember you talking a lot of crap about me until I started calling you "pricks talkin" and then you whined about me needing to be booted off. This site is run so much better than that one. If you want to talk s**t then there is an area set aside for that. Why not start your own board if this one is so confining for you? It sounds like you don't really want to talk about football but instead just want to say "poo poo" and "pee pee" to faceless strangers. :crazy:

15. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Please do not change anything due to a few ungrateful posters. You run a great board and do an excellent of job keeping it on track. The old site was basically a free for all with groups of posters banding together to lash out at a few others. They hated my *** because I had no trouble standing up to all of them at once.

16. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Nah post count is useless, but I thought it was and thought you'd get a grin outta it :)

17. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I certainly have no qualms about being on this board. I think everyone is being treated fairly, and I think Ryan is doing an excellent job. I have been on another board--I won't mention what it is--but unless you happen to be in the "in group", your posts are ignored. I have had answers to some of my posts--not all--but I don't expect everyone to get a response. Also, there seems to be more knowledge about football topics on this board than there is on the other one. Keep up the good work Ryan.

18. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Glad to have you here Carol.

19. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is quite obvious that this was a simple misunderstanding of jovial poking. Faninoz should stay and arrow should not remorse. I have been very impressed with this board and cannot imagine any of the moderators intentionally pestering a good poster to get a few laughs. Come back aboard, Fan.