Fantasy Trade

Would you trade Brad Jones, Justin Harrell, Jordy Nelson * Merriman & Vincent Jackson

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I'd take Merriman but no need for Jackson

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I'd take Jackson but don't want Merriman

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, obviously this ain't gonna happen, and the NFL doesn't make trades like the NBA does where teams just trade salary....

But here are 2 guys who want out of San Diego or who want more money than the Bolts are willing to pay them.

Would you make this deal?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
48 views already yet only one response/vote... You people need to register and make this place more active!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what approach you're looking at. We don't need another WR right now, but ultimately we'll need a good WR for when Driver does call it a day. Right now, we need depth and OLB, and Merriman would certainly add that.

So if we're trading for now, then I'd just take Merriman, but for future needs too, give me both. I don't think I'd trade away Brad Jones though, or Nelson for that matter.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this trade would make no impact on the cap or the financial situation of the Packers, and wouldn't alter the locker room, absolutely.

BTW, Nelson has been the best receiver BY FAR so far in TC. He seems to have a connection with Rodgers this year.

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wouldn't have to ask me twice. I'd also probably make Jackson the number 2 guy right away (sorry DD, we still love you). But like everyone else said, SD would have to be clinically insane to want this trade haha.

Also, I'd trade just Harrell for anyone whos worth half a damn in this league.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wouldn't have to ask me twice. I'd also probably make Jackson the number 2 guy right away (sorry DD, we still love you). But like everyone else said, SD would have to be clinically insane to want this trade haha.
LOL, I agree.... but if they'd be clinically insane for giving it to us, then what would you call the few of our guys here who chose NO THANKS to the idea?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, I agree.... but if they'd be clinically insane for giving it to us, then what would you call the few of our guys here who chose NO THANKS to the idea?

We would be clinically insane to take that trade as both want a new contract, not sure if you realize that if we paid them we could be crippled and unable to pay any other players that want/need new contracts. Oh and generally when you start handing out big contracts other teammates start lining up wanting theirs. Then there is the off the field issues. Just this year Jackson will serve a suspension of 3 games for drunk driving, and merriman was in the news for possible assault of a internet star.

As far as production Jackson is a very good WR. Pro Bowl caliber under a top 5 QB. Shawn on the other hand has had 4 sacks in the past two seasons and has been benched at times in the linebacker rotation in SD. Ignore the big name and look at the whole picture and it becomes pretty clear.

This reminds me of the suggestion last season to trade AJ hawk for Joe Thomas.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I wouldnt trade jordy yet, It seems like whenever he is thrown too he makes the most out of the play, And his speed is deceptive. And Merriman is now overrated and Vincent Jackson is a diva, we dont need players like that. Besides we dont need more aging Targets for A-rod, we dont need anymore targets...except an rb maybe :)

Members online

Latest posts