Fantasy Football Picks - My Top Five Tight Ends As of May 2010

ailidasfang

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are my fantasy football picks for Tight Ends as of May 2010. Needless to say, depending on when you read this you need to do your own due diligence and evaluate the status of players. Stuff like injuries, team changes and suspensions.
Without further ado, Here are my fantasy football picks top five Tight Ends.
1. Dallas Clark/Colts- Clark is just simply too big for most defensive backs to cover and too fast for most linebackers. Clark takes some vicious hits and still hangs on to the ball, and with Peyton Manning under center Clark has become the most dangerous TE in the NFL.
2. Antonio Gates/Chargers- With QB Philip Rivers still intact, there's no reason to believe that Gates won't again be a valuable receiving target for the Chargers. A key here will be the re-signing of WR Vincent Jackson, as without him teams will be able to concentrate on covering Gates.
3. Tony Gonzalez/Falcons- Though Gonzalez did not have one of his typical seasons in 2009, he was nonetheless still one of the top TE's in football. With another year of playing experience with QB Matt Ryan, Gonzalez should once again be considered one of the top choices at TE this year.
4. Vernon Davis/49ers- Davis really exploded last season under Mike Singletary, and this season should render similar results. Davis is their number one receiving threat and presents matchup problems for many opponents. Whether it's Alex Smith or David Carr at QB, Davis should be a valuable fantasy starter.
5. Jason Witten/Cowboys- No matter what number you think Witten should be ranked at, if you end up drafting him you won't be disappointed. Witten has been the most reliable target the Cowboys have had over the past five or six seasons, but needs to improve in his TD totals if he wants to move up.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#2 Jermicheal Finley!
I re-watched the AZ game this weekend. The guy is a play maker!

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll agree with Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates being 1 & 2, but you have to put Vernon Davis @ 3, in a PPR league, he tied Dallas Clark for most weeks scoring over 20 points throughout the season, and had 2 less overall points than Gates. PLUS, he scored almost 30 more points than the 4th ranked TE last year (Brent Celek). 4th I would rank Finley for obvious reasons with Celek @ the 5 spot. Who BTW, was the 4th highest scoring TE in PPR leagues, and had his 2 best weeks with Kolb @ QB. No way would I put Whitten in my top 5, maybe top 5 Dallas receivers.

Members online

Latest posts