Cheesehead
Reaction score
resigned
lacy 2 years 8 million 4 m guaranteed
perry 4 years 36 million 18 m guaranteed
peppers 1 year 9 million guaranteed
tretter 2 years 8 million 4 m guaranteed
cook 3 years 9 million 4.5 m guaranteed

could have resigned Lang for 3 years 21 million 11.5 guaranteed but choose to go with tretter and spend the money elsewhere.

signed street free agents
Adrian Peterson 2 years 8 million 4 m guaranteed
Mario Williams 1 year 5 million guaranteed

signed Ufa
zach brown 2 years 8 million 4 m guaranteed
dre Kirkpatrick 4 years 32 million 16 m guaranteed

ended up with 6 million in cap space left not counting 5 million reserved for 2017 rookies

so essentially tretter replaces Lang and Williams replaces datone Jones yes Williams might not be that good but he's at least as good as Jones was and he has the potential to have a really good year in the packers scheme and a rotation with peppers matthews and perry. brown starts at one inside lb spot and Kirkpatrick steps in has number 1 outside corner. with Peterson lacy and Montgomery packers would have a very well rounded rb group. not sure Peterson will come this cheap but jamaal Charles could have been signed for the same deal and would also give the packers their most dynamic rb group since the 60'start. these moves also allow Thompson to really take the best player available. say te oj Howard falls to 29 TT can take him without hesitation over a possibly lesser graded cb or olb. idk what do yall think?

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've played with this simulator a few times in the past, but some of the contract values are way out of touch with reality. Kind of ruins the sim's value for me.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
resigned

could have resigned Lang for 3 years 21 million 11.5 guaranteed but choose to go with tretter and spend the money elsewhere.

signed Ufa

ended up with 6 million in cap space left not counting 5 million reserved for 2017 rookies

so essentially tretter replaces Lang and Williams replaces datone Jones yes Williams might not be that good but he's at least as good as Jones was and he has the potential to have a really good year in the packers scheme and a rotation with peppers matthews and perry. brown starts at one inside lb spot and Kirkpatrick steps in has number 1 outside corner. with Peterson lacy and Montgomery packers would have a very well rounded rb group. not sure Peterson will come this cheap but jamaal Charles could have been signed for the same deal and would also give the packers their most dynamic rb group since the 60'start. these moves also allow Thompson to really take the best player available. say te oj Howard falls to 29 TT can take him without hesitation over a possibly lesser graded cb or olb. idk what do yall think?
No love for Hyde?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone will throw money at Tretter. I don't see him signing for 2 years. Someone will do a 4 year / 24M+ contract for him. Lacy at 2 years? No thanks... not with an ankle that appears to be much more damaged. 1 yr / 3M max. I could see Hyde back at 4/16M-20M range. About where I'd see the Packers wanting Cook and Perry however, believe Perry will get more somewhere else.

D

Deleted member 6794

resigned

signed Ufa

There's absolutely no reason to sign both Peterson and Lacy as well as offering Eddie any guaranteed money. Peppers at $9 million a season would be hugely overpaid. I don't like the Packers to add Mario Williams either.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Perry for 9? I think that would shortly show itself to be a total pipe dream.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't agree with any of the guaranteed money shown or Tretter getting a 4/24 contract. Thompson hasn't signed any fa contracts to 50% guaranteed money. Not going to happen imo.

Members online

Latest posts