Fans turn dome into Lambeau South

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=13491

ST. LOUIS – This is a baseball town first, last and always, so it wasn’t entirely a surprise that – despite the St. Louis Rams’ .500 start – there were plenty of good seats available Sunday and plenty of green-and-gold clad guests happy to take their seats.
That would explain why so much of the Edward Jones Dome Sunday was filled with happy Green Bay Packers fans, who were just about the only ones left in the building at the end of the Packers’ 30-20 victory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read the article, just wish they would have mentioned KUHNNNNNNNN

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's great! We made Philip rivers go to a silent count last year, qualcomm was Lambeau west. I love seeing Pack fans take over other teams stadiums. We truly are the best fans.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wish I could have heard this. Only way I could see the game was at a bar that had the Sunday ticket and they decided to put the Vikings sound on (Wisconsin bar by the way)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone here go to the game in St Louis?
I went to a Packer win there a long time ago.... the Super Bowl season of 1996.
We got heckled by a few punk fans.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I was at a Packer game there in Dec of '07 , epic game and the fans were really nice.

Probably because the Ram's were stinking it up that year pretty bad. The guys we were sitting next to,
said they were only there to watch the cheerleaders!! lol

I REALLY wanted to be there yesterday, but it just wasn't going to happen. Then next game I want to see them is at Lambeau... I must start saving to make that happen!

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wish I could have heard this. Only way I could see the game was at a bar that had the Sunday ticket and they decided to put the Vikings sound on (Wisconsin bar by the way)
...somebody's liquor license needs to be reviewed for subjecting it's patrons to excessive "noise pollution!"

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The go pack go chant to start the game surprised me somewhat. Am I the only one that doesn't see that when they watch other teams?

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was there! It was nuts!! The rams fans were incredibly hospitable and we never got heckled. We tail hated with "ram man" and Steve the owner and there was no hostility between teams.

I will say that rams fans were loud on our offensive drives, but we weren't that loud on theirs- considering we outnumbered them seemingly 3:1, this was disappointing. They shuttled out early 4th quarter, so all you'd hear was (drunk) cheese heads yelling GO PACK GO! Post-game, we took over the city. There were hundreds of empty seats. I was in the nosebleeds and I'd say 90% up there were cheeseheads. There was one bears fan wearing an '85 jersey and he got heckled regularly with "bears still suck" chants, but I'd say he brought that on himself.

Fun story: I headed to the arch post game for photos, and as I crossed the street I ran into a familiar face: bald head, big red beard, 4 kids in tow, all dressed impeccably in rams gear. I did a double take and decided to ask the obvious question: are you Scott Wells??? Yep! We talked for a few minutes about his transition to STL and his recovery. His kiddos were very warm and talkative. His wife is darling! Got a quick photo and let him walk on, but I found it surprising that, despite the arch crawling with pack fans, I was the only one who recognized him.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't wait for our fans to figure out to: start those chants only when the opposing offense is in their huddle.
Then the home team tried to boo, outnoise us, and then it's totally loud as the opposing QB gets to the line and tries to call out the cadence, audible, etc. Imagine the home team false starting because of the crowd noise.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was there! It was nuts!!

I will say that rams fans were loud on our offensive drives, but we weren't that loud on theirs- considering we outnumbered them seemingly 3:1, this was disappointing. ........... Scott Wells??? Yep! We talked for a few minutes about his transition to STL and his recovery. His kiddos were very warm and talkative. His wife is darling! Got a quick photo and let him walk on, but I found it surprising that, despite the arch crawling with pack fans, I was the only one who recognized him.
THANKS!

See, that's exactly what I was talking about as I have been to Packer road games in about 7 road stadiums and have witnessed that. I love our fans, and the ones here are smart. But I have learned over the years that our road fans are just not that bright to figure that out.... they can make a difference if they make the noise at the right time. Not bright.

I once was at that shop by Brett Favre' Steakhouse the morning of the Bears@Packers season opener in 2006, and while shopping for AJ Hawk shirts and jerseys, I saw a pretty tan brunette who was browsing around.
I realized after a few minutes of watching her that it was Favre's wife Deanna. So I went over and confirmed that and had a nice little chat with her. She was definitely hotter in person than all the times I had seen her on TV.

Not noticing Scott Wells is understandable as I bet 98% of your fellow Cheese fans there are unaware that he is a Ram now. Also, you don't see the center without a helmet too often. Nobody there would recognize our starter TJ Lang or Jeff Saturday in a similar situation there I bet.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Packer fans are the best. When I took my wife to her 1st game in 2011, packers vs panthers in charlotte, NC....we were surrounded by fans. You could see them all across the stadium. You could hear the chants going around, go pack go. It was bad ***. Take a look in the pics section and you will see at the last page our pic, notice the **** load of packer fans around us. Was a great game, since we beat up on (s)cam newton and company.

Members online

Latest posts