1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fans Encouraged To Request NFL Network From Their Cable Syst

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Re: Fans Encouraged To Request NFL Network From Their Cable

3. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have nfl network on regular cable. I think they should just have nfl games...every one of them world wide. Its become so popular

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I have regular cable. I'm thinking about moving so I can get Dish Network though. Not soley for TV, but the area here is nice, except the 4,922,934,239 kids all over the place.

5. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    The NFL can take the NFL Network and pound sand as far up their rumps as the fans can pound it.

DON'T DO THIS! THIS IS PRECISELY WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO DO! IN THE LONG RUN, YOU ARE SIMPLY SCREWING YOURSELF!

I don't like monopolies,(like the NFL and the cable companies) so it pains me to have to defend the cable companies in this case. This is a case of high stakes extortion on some, not all, fans.

Either you pay to have a dish put in(ok for some, bad for others) or your cable company puts in the program THEN CHARGES YOU UNTIL YOUR EYEBALLS ROLL INTO YOUR HEAD.

Either way, dude, YOU PAY MORE. The NFL is trying to see how big of suckers football fans really are. Are you willing to pay ANYTHING to see your team?

If there was no system in place, I wouldn't be on a rant.

But friends, the broadcasters across the nation paid the Mean Giant billions upon billions of dollars so fans like me can see the game. Then the NFL tells THEM(AND US) that they can't get the contract unless they allow the NFL to COMPETE with them by allowing only EXCLUSIVE broadcasts. Then they tell us at home to pay up or go to hell. You can't put it in any other context.

AMERICA:love monopolies or leave it!

There are few things that set me off more than this hideous ripoff.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Simply put, its a real crock of whatever. its just like pay per view.

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Umm, I really wanted NFL Network for the 24/7 NFL action. Not because Cable doesn't have it. lol

edit, i work for Dish Network

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

A little bit more on the subject.

9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess for once it pays to be Canadian. We get the game on TSN (our ESPN) After tonight I'll go back to wishing I was an American. LOL

10. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86

LOL-the joke will eventually be on you when the NFL dictates you pay $30 bucks to see every Packer game...just like Pay-Per-View.
    I see the advantage for putting in a DISH system...and I was until I realized DISH AND DIRECT were being used as the club to beat me on the head. I'm absolutely no fan of Charter cable...but the real problem is NOT THE MEDIUM...it's the MEAN GIANT ...who thinks fans can be played like a bad accordian.

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Jus by chance net do you wear tinfoil on your head in fear of the Aliens?