Fan reaction to no. 4 at Lambeau

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until the queens win a Super Bowl, they're LESS than a fart in the wind.

Gotta love the WolfeMan. :jester:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I'm a little confused as to the "Haven't won a Super Bowl yet" comment, because ...

Whenever the "Favre-Critics" want to "emphasize" something ... they always put up "he only won 1 superbowl ..." (How many did Marino win btw ?), but now when he isn't playing for the Packers anymore ... it's somewhat altered to "When you win a super-bowl, come back and talk ..." comment ...

Not to mention the "Help from former Packers players" etc etc ...

How many Free Agents was brought into the Packers organisation during the last 16 seasons (pre-TT era mostly) - I seem to recall quite a few free agents signed during those play-off seasons ...

Bottom line being ... those comment are sounding more like "sour grapes" than anything ... and are getting pretty "old" - and makes me chuckle every time I hear them to be honest ...

- And as for the Vikings relocating ... - it's an interesting debate and situation ... but I agree that both parties are most likely more "lining up" to the "show-down" and it will be interesting to watch who "blinks" first ...

The geo-political and socio-economical impact on such a move in these times will factor in alot ... and honestly ... I don't see the Vikings moving, (the negative impact so far would far outweigh the positive impact of a possible new franchise in Minnesota at this point) all though I have no doubt that LA would really like them to ...

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, you're on a Packers fan forum. Don't expect love OR rational arguments all the time. We are in the truest sense, fans.

You gotta stick with the queens forum for all the wet sloppy ones for your team.

I'm sorry you're a queens fan, but you've made your bed.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Dude, you're on a Packers fan forum. Don't expect love OR rational arguments all the time. We are in the truest sense, fans.

You gotta stick with the queens forum for all the wet sloppy ones for your team.

I'm sorry you're a queens fan, but you've made your bed.

I'm sorry ... but apparently you haven't read my posts ... - Because I'm not a "vikings" fan perce ...

I'm a football fan ... - but do have a few teams I like more than others ... - Packers being one of those teams actually ... hence why I've frequented (and been reading) these boards for quite a while now, just like I frequent a few other team message boards ...

For the most parts ... "fans" are able to discuss matters rationally without throwing insults etc etc ... while "fanatics" are the ones you are describing actually ... - There is a difference ...

BLOCK15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahmad Green is back.we need some power running and im a Greenbay Packer b4 a brett favre fan so if your in Greenbay with any color but green and yellow your the enemy point blank.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Ahmad Green is back.we need some power running and im a Greenbay Packer b4 a brett favre fan so if your in Greenbay with any color but green and yellow your the enemy point blank.

Oh the horror ... and the hurt you must be feeling atm then ...

*chuckles*

Quientus is a Packer fan? What.....

I like the Packers, yes, - but I would categorize myself as a "Football Fan with a few team preferences" ..., because I'm not a "die-hard packer fan" ...

My first nfl experience was at Lambeau Field, which is probably why ... and because we have relatives in Green Bay.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what some may not realize, is the visiting teams' players do not get announced individually. We are not going to hear, "And the starting quarterback for the Vikings, Brett Favre."

They will announce all the starters for either the offense or defense of the Packers; then the Vikings will run out of the North endzone and be announced as a team.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what some may not realize, is the visiting teams' players do not get announced individually. We are not going to hear, "And the starting quarterback for the Vikings, Brett Favre."

They will announce all the starters for either the offense or defense of the Packers; then the Vikings will run out of the North endzone and be announced as a team.
Yeah. So unless he's alone at the field warming up, those in attendance will be either applauding or booing THE VIKINGS.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those who may know me froom the CBS forum may know my take on this. I say he should be booed. I also submit that true Packer fans cannot want Favre to do well, because that is antithetical to our interests. I also submit that booing a traitor like Judas has nothing to do with class, or the lack thereof. Here is what Leroy Butler has to say about it:

When Brett comes out you do like any other opposing quarterback, you boo him. If you don’t want to boo him, don’t say anything. But if you’re going to stand up wearing Packer clothing or a Packer uniform and cheer when Brett Favre comes out, you should bring a bag and put it over your head. You don’t cheer for somebody to beat your team, I don’t care who it is. You don’t cheer for another quarterback. If you want to cheer Brett, just bring a bag, put it over your head and you can cheer, and no one will hear you and that’s fine.This is Aaron Rodgers’ show. Don’t let somebody come into your back yard and cheer against you. You don’t cheer for another guy to beat your team. I hope I’m crystal clear with these fans who say they love to see Brett Favre. Well, Brett Favre is gone. It’s Aaron Rodgers’ show. He’s the No. 1-rated quarterback in the NFC, including Brett Favre. I’m happy we’ll be good for the next 10 years. I hope they’ll cheer Aaron and boo Brett. If they don’t want to boo him, that’s their right. But any other quarterback they’d boo, what makes him so special? I mean, wait until he has his number retired, you can cheer him then. You can applaud him all you want. You can’t do that the day of the game, and want your team to win. That’s standing on the fence. You’re either a Packer fan or a Brett fan. If you’re a Brett fan, go buy some purple and wear purple. I have a strong feeling on this, this is my team. I played 12 years for this team. Anybody who comes into that stadium, I want them to lose. If it were me coming back, I wouldn’t expect anyone to cheer for me when I’m going to destroy your team. Of course not.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that was posted already and I have to side with Leroy on this issue. You can't root for Favre and the Packers. They're rivals at this point and is a conflict of interest.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those who may know me froom the CBS forum may know my take on this. I say he should be booed. I also submit that true Packer fans cannot want Favre to do well, because that is antithetical to our interests. I also submit that booing a traitor like Judas has nothing to do with class, or the lack thereof. Here is what Leroy Butler has to say about it:

I am not sure what the Favre haters are after here. Is it validation of their beliefs among fellow Packers fans??? What good does that really accomplish?

Personally, people can call me anit-Packers as much as they want, but it has no effect on me. Maybe if this happened when I was younger when I may have needed my beliefs to be validated by others, it would be a different story. I just follow my heart.

At any rate, when you analyze what it means to follow one specific franchise like Green Bay, what are you really following? To me, it is simply an entity. The Packers are really nothing more than a business attempting to show a profit every year. If NFL football was really all sunshine and lollipops where coaches and players worked for room and board and a modest salary, then I might tend to side with the entity. However, it is really nothing more than a highly competitive business where all players and coaches bolt towards their next biggest payday, or hold out and cause grief if they are unhappy. So, to me, it is perfectly just as reasonable to follow a player, like Favre.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think it's at all classy to boo Favre. But I don't think Packers fans should be cheering for him at Lambeau either. It's not one or the other. Just because Packers fans aren't booing Favre it does not mean they must be cheering for him. I think it would mean much more to the Packers team and to Rodgers if the fans have that stadium vibrating with deafening roars in support of the team and Rodgers and just keep quiet in regards to Favre. Showing anger towards Favre just makes the fans look more bitter towards Favre than they are supportive of the Packers. I sometimes wonder if Packers fans are more concerned with the Vikings losing this season than they are with the Packers winning this season. It seems as if many Packers fans pay much more attention to Favre than they do the Packers.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's at all classy to boo Favre. But I don't think Packers fans should be cheering for him at Lambeau either. It's not one or the other. Just because Packers fans aren't booing Favre it does not mean they must be cheering for him. I think it would mean much more to the Packers team and to Rodgers if the fans have that stadium vibrating with deafening roars in support of the team and Rodgers and just keep quiet in regards to Favre. Showing anger towards Favre just makes the fans look more bitter towards Favre than they are supportive of the Packers. I sometimes wonder if Packers fans are more concerned with the Vikings losing this season than they are with the Packers winning this season. It seems as if many Packers fans pay much more attention to Favre than they do the Packers.

Kind of the like Favre comes off seeming bitter towards the Packers, wanting to play specifically for the Vikings, not just wanting to play football for the love of the game. If you don't see that, it's the same blindness you accuse the Packer fans of.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Yeah, that was posted already and I have to side with Leroy on this issue. You can't root for Favre and the Packers. They're rivals at this point and is a conflict of interest.

I find it rather amusing that people are trying to tell other fans who and who they can and cannot root for ...

Despite what alot of posters on these boards believe, it is actually quite possible to root for both the Packers, as well as Favre to do well ...

Ofcourse one can always argue that you are not being a (die-hard-core) Packer Fan when doing so, however ... nevertheless ALOT of people are doing just that ... And no matter how much you may rail on those people, that doesn't change that fact ...

I can only gist about how those same people are going to be feeling in a couple of years, when money will truly rule the NFL as the salary cap situation will be drastically changed, opening up for ALOT of "insane" Free Agency purchases ... - And also the introduction of probably even more insane contracts negotiated ... - Or perhaps even primarily short-term contracts all around ... - Personally I'm thinking the latter ...

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure what the Favre haters are after here. Is it validation of their beliefs among fellow Packers fans??? What good does that really accomplish?

Personally, people can call me anit-Packers as much as they want, but it has no effect on me. Maybe if this happened when I was younger when I may have needed my beliefs to be validated by others, it would be a different story. I just follow my heart.

At any rate, when you analyze what it means to follow one specific franchise like Green Bay, what are you really following? To me, it is simply an entity. The Packers are really nothing more than a business attempting to show a profit every year. If NFL football was really all sunshine and lollipops where coaches and players worked for room and board and a modest salary, then I might tend to side with the entity. However, it is really nothing more than a highly competitive business where all players and coaches bolt towards their next biggest payday, or hold out and cause grief if they are unhappy. So, to me, it is perfectly just as reasonable to follow a player, like Favre.

See my Pick a Side thread. You cannot supoort Favre and be a Packer fan right now.
Another thing, you cannot cheer for everyone, Someone has to lose. I want the Favre and the Vikings to lose, because I am a PACKER fan.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's fine that people do root for Favre and the Packers at the same time, but it just doesn't make that much sense to me. I shouldn't have said that people can't root for both. I can definitely see that people are emotionally mixed up in this Favre vs Packers situation.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of the like Favre comes off seeming bitter towards the Packers, wanting to play specifically for the Vikings, not just wanting to play football for the love of the game. If you don't see that, it's the same blindness you accuse the Packer fans of.
I can think of 12 million reasons he played for the Vikings. Nobody on here knows what happened in the final meeting at Lambeau a year and half ago, Or what was said so you could be right about him wanting to stick to the organization. Packers did the right thing going with Rodgers but I feel a guy who wants to play ball he should be able to do it. tampering charges filed against the Vikings by Thompson might of esculated some things as I am thinking at that last meeting might of got ugly.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What gives you the impression that I don't see Favre's bitterness towards the Packers? I'm not accusing Packer fans of blindness, I just think many of them are focusing on the wrong thing. I'm not even saying Packers fans shouldn't be bitter towards Favre. I'm just saying the fans' support for the Packers should outweigh their bitterness towards Favre and that their support for the Packers and for Rodgers is what should be shown to, and seen by, football fans rather than their bitterness towards Favre.

If I was Rodgers I think I would start to question whether I was being accepted and supported by the fans because of my performance or because of their hatred towards Favre.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will put it this way. Lasyt week I was watching the Packer game first and foremost, keeping one good eye on teh Steelers Vikings game. I was yelling and screaming going totally Berserker when Brettedict Favreold. And I had some words with so called "Packer fans" who were cheering when the Vikings to advancing the ball towards the ball. To hell with them. They are NOT Packer fans. You cannot cheer for everyone.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will put it this way. Lasyt week I was watching the Packer game first and foremost, keeping one good eye on teh Steelers Vikings game. I was yelling and screaming going totally Berserker when Brettedict Favreold. And I had some words with so called "Packer fans" who were cheering when the Vikings to advancing the ball towards the ball. To hell with them. They are NOT Packer fans. You cannot cheer for everyone.

Sounds like they were doing a pretty good job of doing it.

Members online

Latest posts