Fan reaction to no. 4 at Lambeau

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the Pack has a future. If you are resting so much on your one missing link, what are you going to do after that? I'd rather be at the bottom of the division this year than get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs and then have to start all over at QB next year like the hapless Vikes.
We made the playoffs last year without him so what makes you think it is all about Brett favre. Ziggi thinks favre may comeback next year as well with a possible new deal in place. We are the defending champions of the north not the 6-10 Err'on Rodgers led packers

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We made the playoffs last year without him so what makes you think it is all about Brett favre. Ziggi thinks favre may comeback next year as well with a possible new deal in place. We are the defending champions of the north not the 6-10 Err'on Rodgers led packers

Ziggi will have to buy Brett a new walker if that is true. And you are going to have to start living in the future instead of the past because the Vikes will soon be 6-10.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ziggi will have to buy Brett a new walker if that is true. And you are going to have to start living in the future instead of the past because the Vikes will soon be 6-10.
I doubt it is this year wouldn't you agree?LOL you are killing me as a rah-rah cheerleader:happy0005:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Favre will be received like any self-respecting people would receive a traitor who comes back into their midst.

George Washington wanted to hang Benedict Arnold.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what you're the defending champs? When was the last time you won a playoff game anyway? Or sold one out?

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what you're the defending champs? When was the last time you won a playoff game anyway? Or sold one out?

They usually get bumbed off by Philly or the Giants! Brett will play better in the new LA stadium.:viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I am willing to bet that if..... IF the Viks win the SB..... Brett returns

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he wins the SB he retires. I guess I gotta cheer for him to win the SB just to get rid of him so they talk about someone else on tv once in a while.:viksux:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he wins the SB he retires. I guess I gotta cheer for him to win the SB just to get rid of him so they talk about someone else on tv once in a while.:viksux:

I think the Vikings are missing a few key pieces on defense, so there won't be a Super Bowl in Brett's future, but if he stays relatively healthy and the Vikings make the playoffs, there isn't any reason for him not to return for another year, at least. Brett still moves surprisingly well in the pocket and he's making some ridiculous throws this year.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the NFL and I don't go on a suicide watch either way.So far so good with favre at the helm so I expect them to win the North because the pieces are in place and just about everybody in the country thinks so too but I am suppose to listen to packer fans who say otherwise? Watch ESPN and sounds like most are on board with The Vikings as North champions this year. Let the chips fall where they may.

Actually a fan poll on NFL.com found that 47% of fans believe MN to be the biggest pretender of all the remaining unbeatens. I voted for DEN.

If the MN defense continues to relinquish leads, I'd have to agree with the poll. Flacco & Rice had them on the ropes & their placekicker blew it.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Vikings are missing a few key pieces on defense, so there won't be a Super Bowl in Brett's future, but if he stays relatively healthy and the Vikings make the playoffs, there isn't any reason for him not to return for another year, at least. Brett still moves surprisingly well in the pocket and he's making some ridiculous throws this year.
Everybody knows the packers have everything in place to win the superbowl this year I just don't see them getting into the playoffs though. That is a real shame:yu:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody knows the packers have everything in place to win the superbowl this year I just don't see them getting into the playoffs though. That is a real shame:yu:

That would be another argument entirely; one that I am NOT making.

Try to keep up, Bubba.:shock:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did he mention the Packers? So your response to your team's flaws is by pointing other team's flaws?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
When did he mention the Packers? So your response to your team's flaws is by pointing other team's flaws?

Not sure what it is, but it seems the "prototypical" to explain loses or "belittling" wins from most other teams (across a variety of boards, not just this one ...) is to point out how "not so good" teams that have been played by <insert team name here> ...

Case in point ... in this particular instance, that the "main" reason that one of the current "topranked" teams in this years season, The Vikings, are not that "good of a team", because they have had an "easy" schedule ...

That is also one the reason I live NFL so much, because of the fans (from any team) ... it's kinda refreshing to see the tailgate parties, and fans general attitude towards the games ... something that the fans of soccer (mostly) in Europe could learn a tremendous amount from ...

Oakland Raiders upset win against the Eagles should be a pointer that no schedule is really "easy" ... - The Titans dwindling from being a "toprated" team, to this season is another ...

Regardless of this weekends outcome of any game, the next game, Vikings @ Packers is sure to draw alot of attention as "Favre vs. TT, Round 2", and as such I'm sure there will be alot of mixed feelings from (mainly) the Packer Nation and the fans attending at Lambeau, however, I still think most will be positive and remember (mostly) the good games that has happened during the past 16 years at Green Bay ...

Atleast it's my impression that the "negativity" won't rise to the same heights at you are some times unfortunate to be seeing at Soccer games in Southern Europe ... when similar situations arise, in terms of seeing "beloved" players switching teams and joining the rival team ... - Or the fans preferred team not winning the championship ...

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All on brett for the jets closing out the season on a bad note Huh? So since the packers who were terrible last year is that on Err'on Rodgers? You clowns crack me up

The issue of Favre's stamina - NFC North - ESPN

I think it's safe to say the Jets closing on a bad note was Favre's fault. Just look at how he breaks down near the end of the season. We will see if your still singing the same tune once his old arm gives in.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I have never heard that before. Is there like a script that you guys all share? All you guys sound so original. Since rodgers history is only one year I guess your off to another 6-10 year eh? If that is the logic your useing

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
The issue of Favre's stamina - NFC North - ESPN

I think it's safe to say the Jets closing on a bad note was Favre's fault. Just look at how he breaks down near the end of the season. We will see if your still singing the same tune once his old arm gives in.

I think it's "safe" to say you don't really read the game (match) reports either ...

If you did you would see that it wasn't only Favre that declined (due to an injury in the throwing arm - incase you missed that ...) but also the running game ... as well as the rest of the team ...

Alot of people seem to (conviently) forget that Favre on the Vikings has alot more talent around him and with AP and CT Favre doesn't need to throw it as much as he needed to do in both NY as well as in 2006 while still on the Packers (the year where the Packers had ZERO running game in the first 9-10 games ...)

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's "safe" to say you don't really read the game (match) reports either ...

If you did you would see that it wasn't only Favre that declined (due to an injury in the throwing arm - incase you missed that ...) but also the running game ... as well as the rest of the team ...

Alot of people seem to (conviently) forget that Favre on the Vikings has alot more talent around him and with AP and CT Favre doesn't need to throw it as much as he needed to do in both NY as well as in 2006 while still on the Packers (the year where the Packers had ZERO running game in the first 9-10 games ...)
Good point, Not a west coast offense in New York and he is the master of the west coast offense. he didn' have AP like Quintas Pt. out. About twenty less throws a game so that could help out in the INT's. He has 2 so far in 6 games which ranks 3rd in the NFL

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So every year late in the season Favre gets hurt and his running game sucks? Come on, don't be a retard. I would see your point if it was just one year, but it's not. It happens on a consistent basis every season, so nice try.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point, Not a west coast offense in New York and he is the master of the west coast offense. he didn' have AP like Quintas Pt. out. About twenty less throws a game so that could help out in the INT's. He has 2 so far in 6 games which ranks 3rd in the NFL

The whole "break down" thing is nothing but hope and a last resort. He's proven that he works well with this team and this is all that is left for the people that want him to fail.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I have never heard that before. Is there like a script that you guys all share? All you guys sound so original. Since rodgers history is only one year I guess your off to another 6-10 year eh? If that is the logic your useing

That isn't the logic we are using at all. We have year after year to judge Favre by. Your sampling Rodgers using just one year.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole "break down" thing is nothing but hope and a last resort. He's proven that he works well with this team and this is all that is left for the people that want him to fail.

Wow, this sounds very familiar. Oh yeah! Kinda like when the Jets just beat the Titans last year and everyone was crowning the Jets as the team to beat in the AFC. Then Favre got into his late season suck mode, and the Jets missed the playoffs.

Now I'm not saying the Vikings will miss the playoffs, they more than likely will win the division. But come on ViQueen fans, don't be naive. Don't expect his performance to last all year, then your just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
So every year late in the season Favre gets hurt and his running game sucks? Come on, don't be a retard. I would see your point if it was just one year, but it's not. It happens on a consistent basis every season, so nice try.

Actually alot of the "decline" has been across the team as well ... - Yet you only blame one single player ? (I'm sure you are going to point out how Favre single-handedly "blew" the 2006 play-off game against the Giants ... - only to "neglect" to add how Harris got torched all day, + Ryan Grant not being able to run ... + the defense not really stopping the "G-Men" etc etc ... - Yet it was Solely because of #4 that the Packers lost ...) - While in the same breath alot seem to be blaming this seasons O-Line solely despite the fact that Rodgers consistently is holding on to the ball a little longer and not really wanting to adjust ... - Would be interesting to see some numbers in usage of check-downs and screen-plays here actually ...

That's rather funny ... - Listing every match-up recap along with stats would be too much ... but you should look up the games ... and I'm sure the stats will tell you quite differently (in terms of the rest of the team) ...

Yes, perfomance-wise (compared to the first half or more) Favre has declined, but so has those around him ... - That was my point ... and I think you know it, and are just arguing semantics really ...

"Consistency" in the critique would be nice ... But like most (and I don't fault nor blame you for that, as it is only "natural") people tend to "overlook" and "forget" those numbers and stats that does NOT prove their point ...

I'm not arguing that the perfomance of Favre has been declining later in the the season, but he isn't the ONLY one, whose perfomance was declining ...

The huge difference this season being, that IF you look at the OVERALL talent he is surrounded by ... actually the numbers will tell you different, because Favre on the Vikings Team is coming out with less "pressure" on his throwing arm, as supposed to the previous 18 seasons ... and that by all accounts "bodes" well (or atleast way better) in terms of restitution ...

*I apologize for the "Thread-Jacking" here ... >.<*

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just so the Vikes don't make the same mistake as the Jets did and continue to play him if he 1)is playing hurt, or 2) starts playing badly. Who knows what would have happened if they had had the guts to bench him when he started obviously losing it. The Jets had enough talent on that team to at least make it to the playoffs. You're right about the west coast offense being his baby and AP takes the pressure off. Actually I'm surprised with the discipline he has shown so far this year, but so far he hasn't had to play 14 points catchup in the fourth quarter. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out.

Members online

Latest posts