Fan Q & A with me, Patrick Howard

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we all know in one week the Packers will take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV. I recently got some questions from readers regarding this match up.

Q. Biggest weakness of each team?

A. With the Packers it's Special Teams. They did a great job against Devin Hester last week and if they can get that kind of performance more often then not, this team really doesn't have a real weakness. A lot of people would say RB, but Starks has played well and I'm on the Kuhn bandwagon. With Pittsburgh I would go with the secondary. They are stacked at most positions but if Aaron Rodgers and the passing game can play well, the Packers have a very good shot at winning this game.

Q. Arod has had concussions and the Packers have put the hurt on several QBs this season. What do you think of the back up QB situation? Which team does it favor?

A. The Packers win this battle in my opinion. Against the New England Patriots Matt Flynn proved he is more than capable to lead the Packers. Playing arguably the best team in the regular season at their place is no easy task, and for a back up to come in and play as well as he did leads me to believe he could do it again. But lets not jinx anything and hope all the starters stay healthy!

Q. With 2 minutes left, would you rather see the Packers offense or defense on the field?

A. When watching games I always find myself more nervous when the Packers have the ball, compared to when they don't. The Packers defense was the best in the NFC and second best in the NFL this season. Hopefully in that situation the Packers have a very big lead and we won't have to worry about this!

Q. Who is the impact player on each team no one is talking about?

A. For the Packers it's Sam Shield's. He had to big INT's against the Bears, including one that sealed the win for the Packers. His speed is unbelievable and he can keep up with any WR in the game. Before the season we all talked about Woodson, Collins and Tramon Williams and that seemed like a great secondary. Now throw in Shields and it's just that much better! For the Steelers it's Lamar Woodley. The Packers are probably stressing a lot over James Harrison but the other side with Woodley is just as dangerous. I am very interested to see what the offensive coaches can come up to stop this big pass rush.

Q. If you were a car being awarded to the Super Bowl MVP, what kind would you be?

A. Haha, I was totally stumped on this one!

Q. Who has to play well for the Packers to win other than Aaron Rodgers?

A. It may seem obvious but Clay Matthews. Big Ben is just so mobile and crafty that I think Clay needs to go 110% every play, like he usually does. Big Ben needs to feel uncomfortable in the pocket, which he rarely is, in order to get the defense off the field.

Q. Erik Walden or Frank Zambo?

A. I am a huge Zambo guy but dont fix what aint broke! Walden has played great since he started getting serious minutes, he is young and inexperienced but sometimes guys like that don't know how big the moment is and that will actually play in their advantage. They will just play like they do every game and that's how you want guys to play in a game like this, don't over think it!

Q. Did the Packers over achieve this season?

A. Honestly I would say they under achieved. And before I hear it for this one, I know they are in the Super Bowl. But really it's about the regular season. There is no reason why the Packers shouldn't have gone about 14-2 and won the NFC North. Losses against teams like the Lions and Dolphins didn't help and even the loss at New England was a winnable game it seemed through three quarters. However, the Packers are in the Super Bowl and that is all that matters!

Q. If the Packers win the Super Bowl, should McCarthy be Coach of the Year?

A. Either way he should. With all the injuries he still led this team to the Super Bowl. Remember they lost Al Harris, JerMichael Finley, Ryan Grant, Nick Barnett, and the list goes on.

Q. Prediction for the game?

A. This will be a game for the ages. Both defenses will play well, but the offenses are not to shabby either. I like the Packers to win this game 17-13.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts