1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Family tales

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Oct 14, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Jun 5, 2005
    Honestly, the point of this thread is just to share a few quircky stories about family members (past or present), just to share a laugh and hopefully have their memory live on.

My great-grandfather was a man unlike many other. I was talking to my dad, and the funniest stories were heard.

He (great-grandfather) had a strict philosophy on life, and one time one of my father's friends came over to meet up with him. My great-grandfather opened the door, and the convo went something like this:

Dad's friend: Hi, I'm here to see Martin (my dad)

Great-grandfather: Who are you?

Dad's friend: I'm a friend of his.

Great grand-father: *Smacks dad's friend on the back of the head* Fool, there is no such thing as "friends" in life. Then he goes into a verbal assault on the poor lad.

Dad's friend: *After a few moments of listening, he runs away and tells my dad he never wants to come to his house again!*

He (great-grandfather) had a terrible temper. One time he went to a wedding and got really mad, he took the trays that had food, and threw them behind the put up tents (this was outside at night) for the dogs to eat. Apparently he took offense to something the person who was having the wedding said.

It's funny how exact opposite my dad is from the above. However, it is just nice none-the-less to hear some of the past family stories. :lol:
  2. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Nov 22, 2005
    Well I have one:

When my parents were younger, I must have been 12 at the time, they had a house party and got pretty drunk..I remember hearing a loud noise from my bedroom so I came running down the stairs to see what the noise was, and here it was my mother trying to find the toilet, instead she ended up falling into the bathtub...

The next morning I went into their bedroom to find my Dad with another woman laying beside him...I thought "what a party they had"..

I came to find out in those days my Mother wore a hairpiece just like girls today wear extensions, so I seen the hair on the pillow next to my Dad figuring it was another woman..it wasnt just the hair...then I found my Mom asleep in the same bathtub she fell into the night before...it was funny..

The were not big drinkers back then but they had a few parties, today they dont drink at all...

Just thought I would share...:)
  3. packinducks76

packinducks76 Cheesehead

Jul 28, 2006
    One of my classic family stories is a little perverted, but that's just the way we are, no point in trying to fight it because it's just embeded in my genes. Anyway when my mom was a senior in high school and had already gotten into Oregon State, they sent her a pamphlet about joining the marching band. I guess they sent them out to everyone trying to recruit everybody, but my grandpa (her father) got it before she did and I guess the conversation went a little like this:
    Grandpa: Hey I filled out that application for the marching band for you.
    Mom: What are you talking about dad, I don't play any instruments?
    GP: Yeah go ahead and look I filled it out for you.
    mom: (looking at the ap) Dad what are you talking about, first of all I don't play the upright organ, secondly what is the upright organ?
    GP: (no response just kind of chuckles as he walks away)
  4. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Dec 2, 2004
    Ha well played by grandpa.
  5. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Dec 29, 2005
    HYSTERICAL!!!!! :D i'd like to meet your family someday, buddy!! ;)
  6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Jun 3, 2005
    Sounds like my family in my younger days.