Family night announced

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Family night will be aug 3, with tickets going on sale in June and costing $10

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be there with my family and relatives. So looking forward to it and I hope it doesn't rain!

Go Pack Go!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I wish I could make it one year!! rain or shine...i would be happy!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could make it one year!! rain or shine...i would be happy!
no you wouldn't trust me. When you sit on concrete for 2 hours waiting for it to start up again only to be canceled you get pretty upset. The lightning really kills it.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
lol....well when you put it that way.......

I'm on tapatalk...and that was supposed to qoute Ivo's comment

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
I almost made a 700 mile trip last year and it was rained out. Thinking of grabbing some pre season tickets. Family night is jinxed LOL.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost made a 700 mile trip last year and it was rained out. Thinking of grabbing some pre season tickets. Family night is jinxed LOL.

It's barely worth a 100 mile trip even if it's perfect weather.

I'll take a night at training camp over family night.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you take your family?

I did a few years back. We did everything they had scheduled and the stadium experience was great for my young girls. The fireworks were great to end the night.

EDIT: Oh yeah! My yougest also got Greg Jennings Autograph from his rookie year!

Just dont stay at the Ramada. It sucks!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you take your family?

I did a few years back. We did everything they had scheduled and the stadium experience was great for my young girls. The fireworks were great to end the night.

EDIT: Oh yeah! My yougest also got Greg Jennings Autograph from his rookie year!

Just dont stay at the Ramada. It sucks!

Don't really have a family myself.
If you haven't checked out a night training camp it's awesome

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are the Packers going to train in the evening this year?
Mike Mc Carthy has indicated he is going to curtail night practices during this year's trainingcamp.He has indicated he is planning more daytime practices. He thinks it is important to get them in that heat.*

*SourceApril 25, 2012 issue of Green Bay Press Gazette article entitled "Camp to open July 26" by PG Sports reporter Rob Demovsky

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

I took my son nearly every year...you know those inflated tubes that they always handed out? Every year there'd be kids behind us hitting those things together...non-stop...I'd leave that place with a MASSIVE headache and then, when you add the annual Oneida Tribal Dancers constant drum beats before the game and at half time ... well, suffice it to say that I'm with you, ivo ... I'll take the training camp experience only. Fortunately, my son is now of age and he can buy his own darn tickets...hahaha...

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't this the event where scalpers buy all the tickets and sell them for outrageous prices?

I'll stick with training camp. It's free.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't this the event where scalpers buy all the tickets and sell them for outrageous prices?

I'll stick with training camp. It's free.

Outrageous prices? You mean like $10?

I don't recall ever having to pay more than face for a ticket to family night.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outrageous prices? You mean like $10?

I don't recall ever having to pay more than face for a ticket to family night.
No, scalpers used to get almost all the tickets and sell them for outrageous prices. I believe it was a big problem a few years ago - people were upset because families weren't getting the Family Night tickets; and if they were, it was for much more than $10. I'm sure they've remedied that situation now.

(As an aside, I've never been to Family Night - I'm speaking based on what I've heard from others and read in newspapers).

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, scalpers used to get almost all the tickets and sell them for outrageous prices. I believe it was a big problem a few years ago - people were upset because families weren't getting the Family Night tickets; and if they were, it was for much more than $10. I'm sure they've remedied that situation now.

(As an aside, I've never been to Family Night - I'm speaking based on what I've heard from others and read in newspapers).

I remember they never really sold out til very close to the date and people always had a ton extra bc of the unlimited amount of tickets you could and still can buy.

I went 3 years in a row and this is the first time I have ever heard of this problem. Do you have a link?

Members online

Latest posts