Falcons, Jets, Colts showing interest in OLB Nick Perry. But Packers want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll get into this guessing game. I would say he took a "team friendly" deal and will say 5- for 46-47 million with 15 guaranteed. Still leaves room to sign a veteran CB which we all know will more than likely be House and still save us room to explore other options to "revamp" this defense. I just have a feeling TT will listen to AR this time and really beef up or just slightly improve the defense enough for the offense to score a zillion points and still give up enough to have the offense have more points at the end of games.

Doubt it's going to be team friendly in any way. Guys don't go unsigned up to hours before free agency starts just to take a discount.

I'm expecting us to pay a heavy price for this one.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that would be an UNBELIEVABLE deal in this market.

10-12 would be considered solid right now

I think he will get 12 and I think that is too much for Perry. I think 8 to 10 is his value. I won't be angry at 12. At 14 I would really question the signing

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers signed Perry to a five year, $60 million deal. Only $18.5 million guaranteed though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
12M/season for Perry when role players like Andre Branch are getting 9M... I think that's a bargain. If he maintains his 2016 level of play, it certainly will be.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers signed Perry to a five year, $60 million deal. Only $18.5 million guaranteed though.

I was hoping TT would find a sweet spot at 11.5M/Yr but with only 18.5M guaranteed I'm satisfied. He has to keep playing at a high level to get that cash.

UPDATE - Silverstein says 5 Years $59M so 11.8M/Yr. I call that a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts