Falcons, Jets, Colts showing interest in OLB Nick Perry. But Packers want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is willing to pay 14 now, after another year where he missed nearly 1/3rd of the regular season??? Then he should have just gave him the long term deal last year for half that amount...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Colts are reportedly pursuing Jabaal Sheard. Hopefully that's a sign that they're out on Perry.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is willing to pay 14 now, after another year where he missed nearly 1/3rd of the regular season??? Then he should have just gave him the long term deal last year for half that amount...

Consider this, he got 11.5 sacks missing a third of the season....

Agreed otherwise, but the 14M is better than a franchise tag of 17M.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a pipedream but if I was TT I would offer him a 2 year 17Million contract. The problem is I can think of 3 teams I predict would shell out a 10mil per multi year contract to him. I thought I remember Perry saying early in his career he doesn't like cold weather similar to Davon House. So hopefully that's BS and he signs with us instead of Dallas or NYJ

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry is getting paid big time. By who you ask? That's the real question.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers allowing Perry to make it to free agency has most likely resulted in his price significantly increasing. It wouldn't be surprising if he prices himself out of Green Bay.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers allowing Perry to make it to free agency has most likely resulted in his price significantly increasing. It wouldn't be surprising if he prices himself out of Green Bay.

The Packers allowing Perry to make it to free agency is a two way street. His agent saw the market and who would be a free agent and they must have had a number. It wasn't like the Packers could force him to stay unless they tagged him which no one was advocating. I started a thread about extending Perry early in the season so obviously I wish the Packers would have signed him. But we have zero idea what Perry wanted a month or 6 ago. It could have been 14 million all along so to act like the Packers made a mistake letting him hit fas is blaming them for something without the facts. TT has never been one to low ball his own players if anything overpass for them. Heck most people including you thought he overplayed for Perry last year.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers allowing Perry to make it to free agency is a two way street. His agent saw the market and who would be a free agent and they must have had a number. It wasn't like the Packers could force him to stay unless they tagged him which no one was advocating. I started a thread about extending Perry early in the season so obviously I wish the Packers would have signed him. But we have zero idea what Perry wanted a month or 6 ago. It could have been 14 million all along so to act like the Packers made a mistake letting him hit fas is blaming them for something without the facts. TT has never been one to low ball his own players if anything overpass for them. Heck most people including you thought he overplayed for Perry last year.

I don't blame Thompson for letting Perry make it to free agency as there are various reasons we have no idea about why the outside linebacker hasn't been re-signed so far. There's absolutely no doubt the Packers can ill afford to lose him to another team with currently having a bleak situation at the position though.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame Thompson for letting Perry make it to free agency as there are various reasons we have no idea about why the outside linebacker hasn't been re-signed so far. There's absolutely no doubt the Packers can ill afford to lose him to another team with currently having a bleak situation at the position though.

That I agree with. It really stinks that clay is nowhere near who he once was as a player. His decline has forced the Packers hand

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now we get to see what the numbers are. I'm glad we're keeping him. I have a feeling the contract will make me nervous, but much like BahkT was able to play into his contract, I think the tools are there for Perry to earn a lot of money too. Just nervous he'll be injured too often to do it.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before numbers are released what are people comfortable with for Perry. They have said it is a 5 year deal. 5 year 50 to 60 million or less seems fair. I assume it will be more though

D

Deleted member 6794

Before numbers are released what are people comfortable with for Perry. They have said it is a 5 year deal. 5 year 50 to 60 million or less seems fair. I assume it will be more though

I would prefer Perry's average salary to be close to $8 million a season but expect it to be significantly higher.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard 14 mil..... That seems very risky....

So you have to replace him then. No way I'm giving him 14 mil while paying Clay Matthews 16. Unless they plan on cutting Matthews or making him restructure?? No way!! You can give that 14 mil to Hightower . A guy who can play in any scheme, and will play 16 games. Add some toughness to this soft *** defense. Bring back Peppers to tandem with Fackrell, and add another olb after you add a corner in the draft.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Tom Silverstein the Packers are close to re-signing Perry but the deal is not done yet, they're getting there though.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll get into this guessing game. I would say he took a "team friendly" deal and will say 5- for 46-47 million with 15 guaranteed. Still leaves room to sign a veteran CB which we all know will more than likely be House and still save us room to explore other options to "revamp" this defense. I just have a feeling TT will listen to AR this time and really beef up or just slightly improve the defense enough for the offense to score a zillion points and still give up enough to have the offense have more points at the end of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online