Facemask

Claymorespackersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was reading that the owners have agreed to nullify the 5-yard or incidental face-mask penalty. Does this mean that all face mask peanlties will be 15 yards from now on or that an incidental pull will carry no penalty?

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the way I read it, The lesser penalty has been removed and the 15 yard is only for grabbing, twisting and such as before.

This would have saved Harris a few times last year. How many times did he get his hands knocked up during the bump.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This probably would have helped us win a few of those games when Harris kept getting penalized.

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Harris was mostly called to "Hands to the face" not incidental facemask. Those are 2 separate penalties. The hands to the face will still be called, just not the incidental facemask (the 5 yard variety).

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that "hands to the face" is the same penalty as a 5 yard face mask. Harris is guilty of Hands ot the face.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the rule change. Anybody know why the packers voted against the defensive headset change though? I heard it was because they were just unsure about all the technicalities and how it would implemented.

Reaction score
Anybody know why the packers voted against the defensive headset change though? I heard it was because they were just unsure about all the technicalities and how it would implemented.

Yup, that's what McCarthy said in a tidbit during the owners' meetings.

Apparently he just didn't feel the logistics of the idea were practical.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not as cut and dried as the radios for QBs. The QB is always on the field. Who would wear it on the defense? it would have to be a number of different guys who alternate it. and each time a change is made, the player with the green dot has to check in with the ref. just gonna be kind of messy.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
it's not as cut and dried as the radios for QBs. The QB is always on the field. Who would wear it on the defense? it would have to be a number of different guys who alternate it. and each time a change is made, the player with the green dot has to check in with the ref. just gonna be kind of messy.

Ump. They should check in with the Umpire. It makes no sense to do it to the Ref.

Members online

Latest posts