Face It

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need another TE or WR for Favre to have as a target. All we have is Driver and Jenning ( who is a rookie ) to throw to. Watching the game yesterday made me think do we have any tightends ? The jets double Driver and Favre has no place to put the ball unless he trys forcing it somewhere. It seems like none of our te or wr ever really get open. Think of our superbowl years with chewy, jackson, freeman, rison and brooks. Favre has to have more options than trying to get the ball to Driver on every play.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and ahman and willie.

this offense throws a lot to the RBs, and we have good catching RBs.

But lets load the offense with pro bowls at every offensive position, regardless of the cost, because Favre needs it. A "great" qb "NEEDS" a lot of help on offense. Thats very contradictory. We have to play like we have a rookie at offense? By loading it up? I thought Favre was great?

I say this acknowledging the weakness of the 2006 Packers. Im aware the defense is ****. Im aware our special teams is a joke. I know our coaching staff is questionable. But on offense, its a LOT better than last year. The oline is improved(yet still not consistent at all) the running game has been there almost all year. This year theres actually a respectable WR duo with Driver\Jennings.

And some might say that that is ALL they have is Driver\Jennings. Well, what about all that "Favre MAKES Wrs" stuff? He turned mediocre\average WRs into respectable names. Why...cant he do that now? What has changed?

Oh yeah, his accuracy and fading power.

But you can refuse to believe it if you want.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Driver is drawing double or triple team coverage, then somebody has got to be not just open but wide open. For the more traditional (than Sherman) west coast offence that MM is running, Favre's completion percentage should be higher this year and not lower as it is. It can only be one of three things:

1. Our WRs dont seem to get open.
2. Our O line isnt buying Favre enough time to find the open receiver.
3. Favre's decision making or accuracy this season is awry.

I know what you think Trom, so I'll save you a post. j/k

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#1 just isnt true. Ive seen a lot of WRs and TEs get separation(not that the TEs would catch it if favre hit them anyway. hehe)

#2 I buy that, but only cuz they arent consistent. There are definitely stretches where the oline plays very good, and favre just doesnt get it done. There are also times the Oline just is bad.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom you are sooooo dilussional. When you watch a Packers game, you'll see Favre going out there, doing whatever he can to make plays and too win games. Without, question Favre isn't as good as he was in his prime, but he still belongs in the top tier of QB's in the NFL.

Defensively, where not helping Favre and the offense by getting into big holes early in games. As a result, Favre knows he's got to do what he can to get the Packers out of that hole. That's when he is turnover prone.

Yes we've had a descent running game but only against the lower level teams. We had no running game against Chicago (Green got 100 yards but a lot of that was in garbage time when they were playing prevent defense), Philadelphia, New Orleans, Minnesota, or Seattle. Thus, teams were playing against the pass. Ruvel Martin and Chris Francies were in the game as #3 and #4 WR's. Yeah, they're real proven in this league :-?

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dxbfan said:

#1 just isnt true. Ive seen a lot of WRs and TEs get separation(not that the TEs would catch it if favre hit them anyway. hehe)

#2 I buy that, but only cuz they arent consistent. There are definitely stretches where the oline plays very good, and favre just doesnt get it done. There are also times the Oline just is bad.

Its perhaps no coincidence that Favre's perfomance has deteriorated eversince Tausch got injured and isnt playing.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tausch was hurt last year?

(im serious, i dont recall last year much. A LOT of drinking!)

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, but Ruegamer and Whitticker were playing along with an injured Flanny.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver and Jennings as 1 and 2 would be sufficient if we did not have to keep our TE and RB in for extra protection every pass, forcing coverage to look at other people other than Driver and Jennings.

A threat of a consistent running game would also do wonders.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of our problems don't have to do with the need for a new TE or WR. It is that our OL cannot protect, so they have to keep a TE and RB in to block. This reduces the number of options running routes and makes it easy for teams to double and tripple team our WRs. This has become more of a problem with Tauscher out because we've had to provide more help for Moll in blocking. The cascade effect of our struggling OL is the lack of production of the running game.

I agree that our rookies are improving on the OL, but there's no question that they are from from being a strong point of this team. As they get better, so will the offense.

GO PACK GO!!!

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And just when do you think they will become proficient enough to remove the nescessity of keeping TE's in just for blocking along with a RB and a FB? AH YES! NEXT YEAR!

Bobby Roberts said:
A lot of our problems don't have to do with the need for a new TE or WR. It is that our OL cannot protect, so they have to keep a TE and RB in to block. This reduces the number of options running routes and makes it easy for teams to double and tripple team our WRs. This has become more of a problem with Tauscher out because we've had to provide more help for Moll in blocking. The cascade effect of our struggling OL is the lack of production of the running game.

I agree that our rookies are improving on the OL, but there's no question that they are from from being a strong point of this team. As they get better, so will the offense.

GO PACK GO!!!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think our wr problem will be solved or not as big of a deal next year when k-rob comes back.

what do you guys think?

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think our wr problem will be solved or not as big of a deal next year when k-rob comes back.

what do you guys think?

It will not be solved, but much better. Koren opened up that offense to keep moving down the field. There were plenty of times where he got the first on third down. He is a quality receiver that would help our team immensely. But across the league, so many teams have a quality TE, which we do not.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Martin hasnt played the last couple of games and he was making some good catches earlier in the season

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom, you're right...But I just think two things:
1-Favre transformed mediocre WRs in good ones....until 2004
2-If he'll play next season, we'll need to boost the WR/TE corps,because of obvious fade in strength and accuracy

BUT THE WORST IS THE DEFENSE, BY FAR....WHY CANT THE PACK DO THE SAME AS CHICAGO? LOAD THE D, THEN TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE OFFENSE....
THE PACK IS ALWAYS DOWN IN THE SCOREBOARD (2 EXC. PHILLY AND SEATTLE)

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I miss Koren Robinson. Although he shoud stop pretending he's an alchoholic.

You wanna see drinking Koren? Hang out with me on Friday. We'll start at noon.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
green has to stay on the field more he cant keep coming off the field after 2 carries in a row to catch his breath the offense seems to bog down when he comes out and morencey comes in

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and ahman and willie.

this offense throws a lot to the RBs, and we have good catching RBs.

But lets load the offense with pro bowls at every offensive position, regardless of the cost, because Favre needs it. A "great" qb "NEEDS" a lot of help on offense. Thats very contradictory. We have to play like we have a rookie at offense? By loading it up? I thought Favre was great?

I say this acknowledging the weakness of the 2006 Packers. Im aware the defense is ****. Im aware our special teams is a joke. I know our coaching staff is questionable. But on offense, its a LOT better than last year. The oline is improved(yet still not consistent at all) the running game has been there almost all year. This year theres actually a respectable WR duo with Driver\Jennings.

And some might say that that is ALL they have is Driver\Jennings. Well, what about all that "Favre MAKES Wrs" stuff? He turned mediocre\average WRs into respectable names. Why...cant he do that now? What has changed?

Oh yeah, his accuracy and fading power.

But you can refuse to believe it if you want.

Trom, are you ever going to get it? One person, no matter how good they are, cannot win a game by himself.

It takes offense, defense and special teams to win a game. To say we are better on the o-line and wr then we were last year is a stretch.
Remember we were on our 5th running back at this time last year and the running game was still working. We had Driver,Ferguson,Chatman at WR, which although not great, is still one more option then we have now.

ESPN showed a stat last night saying in our 4 wins this year Brett had a qb rating of 105, in our 8 losses it was 65. I think if you go back and look, when we did win this year the O-line did give Brett time to throw, the running game probably did produce, and the defense probably did play at a much higher level than they have the last 3 weeks.

But all that ESPN showed was the qb rating stat and made everyone want to believe that Brett was the reason for the 8 losses.

I'll say it again, when The Pack won the superbowl we had the #1 offense,the #1 defense, and try to remember, our special teams were pretty good also.

The defense is young, but they do have raw talent that is only going to get better, what they need is coaching!!! (where's Jim Bates?).

With Brett(although he isn't as good as he once was) he is still playing at a level, where with a viable set of 4 wr's, and a couple of good tight ends, he can still put points on the board.

Playing from behind all the time is a disaster waiting with Brett, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

We can't continue to use max protection on passing downs, we need to get a couple of more good wr's so we can spread the field.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

what do you guys think?

Robinson is still facing fleeing and eluding charges in Minnesota which is a felony punishable by prison time.
It will probably be plea bargained but I still think he at least faces some serious jail time in Minnie and he might not be available in 2007.
I doubt he will be given work release in Minnie to play for the Packers.

Problem not solved.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dxbfan said:

I don't know what Packer games you are watching but you are certainly not seeing the same Packers I am seeing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts