FA Tracker

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an article from Packer Report(.com) ---- today!

Rams' Pickett, Browns' Taylor to visit

By Todd Korth
, [email protected]
Date: Mar 13, 2006

Nall (visiting the Vikings), Henderson, Flanagan meet with other teams!

The Packers are expected to meet with St. Louis Rams defensive tackle Ryan Pickett today in Green Bay. The Packers also are trying to schedule a visit with Cleveland Browns linebacker Ben Taylor, according to reports.
The Rams reportedly have offered the 6-foot-2, 310 pound Pickett a contract that includes a signing bonus of about $5 million. If the Packers were able to sign Pickett, an unrestricted free agent, they likely will back off on Grady Jackson, who also is an unrestricted free agent. Pickett, 26, is much younger than Jackson, 33, and is a solid run-stopper.

Pickett was selected in the first round of the 2001 NFL draft by St. Louis. He also has a visit scheduled with the Buffalo Bills this week.

Taylor, 27, was selected by the Browns in the fourth round of the 2002 NFL Draft from Virginia Tech. He has started at both weak-side and strong-side linebacker for the Browns and is a special teams demon. Taylor, however, has been slowed by injuries throughout his tenure in Cleveland.

Packers out shopping
Reserve quarterback Craig Nall is scheduled to meet with the Minnesota Vikings this week. Nall was Green Bay's third-string quarterback behind Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers last year. ... Veteran fullback William Henderson also has scheduled a visit with the Vikings this week. Henderson has played all 11 of his NFL seasons in Green Bay. ... Center Mike Flanagan is visited the Houston Texans on Saturday but left Sunday without a contract, according to a report.

======================================

Is it me - or is the new Owner(s) of Minnesota tryin' to "buy" themselves a Divisional Championship? I would luv to see the Vikings fall totally flat this year.... Someone send that injury bug up their way, for a change!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel better about things than last year at this time.

Hype and mo not everything.

Cedric Benson v. Samkon Gado Gado is better and a better deal.

Robert Ferguson v. Donald Lee About the same production Lee is 2 million a year cheaper.

Household names are usually over the hill and over paid.

My latest concern is the defensive line. The three C's Corey, Collin, and Cullen will become free agents the same year as Barnett. That will be a bad free agent year. Well it is awhile away but it will have to be dealt with eventually.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Report thinks they should go after Vanderjagt(off).. I'm against it!

Trouble is - the rumor mill has Adam Vinietari headed to DALLAS (figures...)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
IPBprez said:
I can't believe they're bringin in a DT who weighs in less than Colin Cole...

They haven't re-signed Colin Cole yet have they?

Whether they have or haven't wasn't my point - they listed Colin Cole (last year) at 325, while Packers.com "listed" Grady Jackson at a mere +20lbs more than Cole, at 345 - which was totally ludicrous - Gravy had to be at least 385, without a doubt. If you want a run-stuffer - he'd better be a BIG man, and while 310 may seem large to you or me - it isn't all that big when you start lookin' at the size of some of these O-Line characters, like Dallas had in the 90's. It just seems odd to me - the Vikings and several other teams are grabbon all the real playmakers and Green Bay is just sittin' there.. I would have made a stab at two of the players already gone, by now...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
I feel better about things than last year at this time. Hype and mo not everything.

Cedric Benson v. Samkon Gado Gado is better and a better deal.
Robert Ferguson v. Donald Lee About the same production Lee is 2 million a year cheaper.

Household names are usually over the hill and over paid.

and "mediocre" names end up in GB on Thompson's squad...and not producing....

Ever hear of the saying California...."You get what you pay for..."?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Zero2Cool said:
IPBprez said:
I can't believe they're bringin in a DT who weighs in less than Colin Cole...

They haven't re-signed Colin Cole yet have they?

Whether they have or haven't wasn't my point -

Didn't ask if it was your point. I asked if he was signed with the Packers or not. Thanks for replying.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since this is the FA tracker - we all know by now that Culpepper went to Miami and Brees went to New Orleans; which puts Matt Leinart in New York, if the JETS are anything akin to smart. Which leaves the Packers scrambling to get a line on Mario Williams, which now it loks like the Saints may make a grab for.. if'n Tennessee doesn't that is.....

Anyone....?

Members online

Latest posts