F>R's 2021 Mock Draft Thread

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IT'S TIME BABY!!!!

Your Resident Mock Draft Guru is back yet again to give you passerby college game fans all the info, excitement, and yes, hope that maybe the Green and Gold get it right April 29th - May 1st in 2021.

This might be the HARDEST class I've ever reviewed; I've been polling the pundits/talking heads and they too have been all over the place minus the "blue chip/can't miss" guys. Many of the guys who don't come with quite as much fanfare will be hard to size up early. Conference Championships, Bowl Games, the CFB Playoffs, and the Senior Bowl/Midwest Shrine Game will be the only true barometers for many of these guys with most teams sticking to conference only play and some games being postponed or cancelled altogether.

Per tradition our triggering event is the first CFB Playoff, so without further ado....

1st Mock: 1st CFB Playoff Rankings
28th Overall: Kyle Pitts - TE/Florida: A matchup NIGHTMARE for all but probably the top LBs and Ss in the game. He has taken steps to improve his blocking so that he can serve as a traditional in-line TE and it shows; while still being a problem in the slot. He's virtually uncoverable on an accurately thrown 50/50 ball. I don't know if he'll be there this late, but one can hope.

60th Overall: Christian Barmore - DL/Alabama: An impressive 6'5, 310 lb frame, he's lined up at 0, 1, 3, and 4 Tech for the Tide. I'm predicting a change at DC for the Packers in 2021 and the versatility Barmore provides would be highly desirable if there is a scheme change. Regardless, Barmore would provide welcome assistance to Kenny Clark on a porous defensive line that needs help against the run in the worst way.

91st Overall: Terrance Marshall Jr. - WR/LSU: He's a master route technician which is something we really don't have outside of Adams, which should be key in earning Rodgers' trust early and often. He's not as fast as MVS, but I believe he'll be a hair quicker than Adams, which is all we need. He should provide all the extra juice we need in an offense that needs just one more playmaker on the outside behind Adams and Lazard. He might be one of the more underrated WRs in this Draft being that he's playing in an LSU offense that lost so much talent last year, as long as he doesn't kill it at the Combine, he should remain a solid Day 2 prospect.

130th Overall: Levi Onwuzurike - DL/Washington: Onwuzurike, or who I'd like to call "Woozie" when he's wearing the Green and Gold, would be an excellent rotational piece when Kenny Clark needs a break. His run support is fantastic and he has an excellent bull rush to collapse the pocket on 3rd Downs. On a 4-man front, his bull rush/block shedding combined with Clark should transform the DL from Day 1. He might be too good to stay in the 4th Round honestly, but the Pac-12's lousy conference schedule could work to Brian Gutekunst's advantage.

139th Overall: Shaka Toney - LB/Penn State: We've needed ILB help for so long, why didn't we just grab one from "Linebacker U"? But seriously, Toney would suffice as a terrific off-ball linebacker. He' brings plenty of "beef" at 6'3 and 240 lbs and is rumored to run under 4.5 and have a 40-inch vert; which could bring him up to late Day 2 consideration but with the Nittany Lions' ongoing abysmal season he's definitely priority Day 3 selection for now.

169th Overall: Stone Forsythe - OT/Florida: At 6'7 and 329 he's been a crucial part of the Gators rushing attack that churns out 140 yards per game. He's not a plus athlete so I would put him exclusively at RT, which is all the Packers are really looking for anyway after Bakh's extension. His massive length and frame makes it hard for rushers to move him or even get around him, although he can have trouble with some of the more twitchy ends. With additional coaching to refine his technique he could be a future All-Pro.

174th Overall: Kadarius Toney - WR/Florida: We've all seen what this offense looks like with the absence of Tyler Ervin. Toney brings that same pop and excitement that "Swerve" does in the passing game. Toney lines up outside and at slot and is a target vulture, as he is Top 10 in the SEC in receptions and receiving TDs. Toney also adds value in the return game, averaging 21.8 and 8.3 yards respectively on kicks and punts.

206th Overall: Zion Johnson - OG/Boston College: He's my Day 3 gem for the interior offensive linemen. It's unclear who will take over for Center after Corey Linsley's departure via Free Agency, and the Packers need to add additional depth despite what they already have on the roster. What I love about Johnson is he's an aggressive blocker, but he's not a "mauler" type; he plays under control and keeps his head in the game at all times. He's got some athleticism to him too, so he should be superb in the outside zone that MLF loves to run.

218th Overall: T.J. Carter - CB/Memphis: Many probably would like a CB earlier in the Draft but I'm just not sure Kevin King walks and even so between Chandon Sullivan and Kadarr Holman, I think someone is given the chance to step up. If T.J. Carter played at a Power 5 school, he's probably gone no later than the 5th Round, possibly even in the 4th. His man coverage is really good and he'll make tackles in the run game, he's made 144 of them solo so far. He also shows some ball skills with 6 interceptions with 1 returned for a TD.

250th Overall: Baron Browning - LB/Ohio State: Browning didn't play as much at Ohio State as he probably would have liked, playing behind a stacked depth chart at the LB position. However, when he was used, it was normally in coverage or on blitzes. A DPR role in the Packers' D could be a nice niche role for Browning, as well as the ability to come on for the 2 minute drill and provide equal parts pass coverage and run support. As a size/speed guy who'll probably have a RAS over 9, he's probably not bad on special teams either, where the Packers could definitely use some help.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk....

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I love most of this. The only change I make is I try to get Monty Rice, Errol Thompson or KJ Britt at either 130 or 139. Also I do my mocks on fanspeak and they don't have Pitts that low. He's usually gone mid teens, where are you doing your mocks on?

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually did this one on FanSpeak and Pitts for some reason did fall to me that late. Again this is a super early mock, and I expect him to be Top 15 solidly down the line.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pitts isn't getting that low. There are many folks claiming he is the best TE prospect in 10 years....little overblown but the skillset is there to be SPECIAL.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think he'll possibly go Top 5. But alot of "experts" think he's 10-20. So who knows. I haven't made a custom board yet because I'm still getting to know this class and it's SO hard.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah this year is gonna suck, and scouts are going to earn or lose their paychecks this year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Less game tape to review for sure. If the all star games and combines are held, they’ll have a decent idea of who has what to offer. Will be lots of zoom interviewing taking place too. In regards to intangibles scouts may end up knowing more about these prospects.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that you say that, honestly combines, last game or two and such at times can artificially inflate a player....this has less and less of a chance of occurring. So you may be right, scouts and those that study for a living may honestly have less of a chance of inconsistency in their ratings or opinions....hmmmmm...

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Absolutely love the Barmore pick. My only thought is that this team will be selecting a CB in the first three rounds without hesitation.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it bad I already also have Forsythe circled for Day 3. I only had one lineman circled last year I loved enough to want at ANY point on that day: Runyon. Can I strike gold twice on a lineman opinion? Probably not but let's keep living in the world I do. LOL

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2nd Mock: Ohio Fake makes B1G Championship Game

29th Overall: Aidan Hutchinson - DE/Michigan: From the moment Rashan Gary heard his name called as the 12th Overall Pick in 2019 I've wanted him on the defensive line; and I keep asking myself "what if" when it comes to our leaky run defense. Meet Hutchinson, who took over Gary's exact role in the Michigan D. He's got an NFL ready power rush and plays sideline to sideline as a DE.

61st Overall: Terrace Marshall - WR/LSU: Wisely decided to shut down for the year and prepare for the Draft, call me crazy but I think somehow he gets a boost from that along with what I'm predicting is a strong Combine performance. I wouldn't necessarily bet against an East-West Shrine appearance either.

92nd Overall: Israel Mukuamu - CB/South Carolina: He's BIG (6'3, 205 lbs), and he's not afraid to put his hands on you. While he may be only a CB, he brings the physicality that this defense needs to make a central tenet of its identity. Because of that size he might be looked purely as a Safety but I like him on the outside still with the potential to maybe play Safety in a pinch or maybe even a little dime linebacker? (Watch out Raven Greene)

131st Overall: Levi Onwuzurike - DL/Washington: I still love "Woozie" as a prime targer on the Day 3, I know Keke is starting to come on, but we still desperately need depth as I don't expect Adams or Lancaster back for this unit in 2021. This guy's addition could divert Gute's attention elsewhere while churning the roster throughout the season.

139th Overall: Shaka Toney - LB/Penn State: Penn State beat Michigan? So what? I expect Toney to fully "overachieve" for his draft position just like Blake Martinez did for the Pack; but until those freak Combine numbers materialize, I don't see him escaping Day 3.

170th Overall: Amon-Ra St. Brown - WR/USC: Kadarius Toney is no longer going this low on Day 3, sue me. Amon-Ra's older brother, Equanimeous, who just might stick as the WR5/6 in this offense gets a push from his younger brother, who's smaller (6'1) and MUCH faster. He can also pick up the Tyler Ervin role in a pinch, as he's got 7.7 YPC.

174th Overall: Zion Johnson - G/Boston College: With Boston College deciding they won't be playing in any bowl games this year, Zion is going to need an East-West Shrine appearance and a plus Combine performance to move up in to the 4th Round.

207th Overall: Drake Jackson - C/Kentucky: At only 6'2 Jackson is firmly penciled in at Center for the Pack. He's a plus run blocker but his pass pro needs some work. I'm not saying he's a guy who'll push for a start Day 1, but 4 straight years of starting for the the Wildcats in the SEC has definitely got to mean something.

218th Overall: Dillon Radunz - OT/NDSU: Combine performance and an All-Star appearance is everything for Radunz, who could go as high as late Day 2, or the back end of Day 3. He's got good size and technique, but playing at NDSU, who steamrolls everyone at the FCS level, the question is can he handle NFL defenders. I don't necessarily think he'll be a bust though, just not sure he could turn into an All-Pro, but he should stick as a great reserve.

251st Overall: Baron Browning - LB/Ohio State: A strong Combine will probably boost Browning up into the 5th Round, or someone will see the tape and see something more. Until then, our future Special Teams Captain stays pat right here in the 7th.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s far, far, too early for a mock draft, so I’m not going to say much except Dillon Raduncz is going much earlier than the 7th. I doubt he lasts much past the 4th round, and probably goes earlier than that.

I don’t know what round pick 170 is, but St Brown should be gone by then too. He’s a very good WR, better than his brother.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
St. Brown was the 5th, and Raduncz is the 6th. There was a time where early pundits had St. Brown in the 1st, but USC just looks suspect(the Pac-12 does in general). I've penciled him in between Rounds 3-5. Raduncz is even more fickle, I've seen 2nd Round grades and and 6th Rounds grades. I still need to see him against DEs from the SEC & ACC at the Senior Bowl.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
St. Brown was the 5th, and Raduncz is the 6th. There was a time where early pundits had St. Brown in the 1st, but USC just looks suspect(the Pac-12 does in general). I've penciled him in between Rounds 3-5. Raduncz is even more fickle, I've seen 2nd Round grades and and 6th Rounds grades. I still need to see him against DEs from the SEC & ACC at the Senior Bowl.

Pretty sure 218 is a 7th round pick.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd bet serious change that St. Brown doesn't make it past the 3rd and has a better chance going in 2nd than he does the 3rd - unless he BOMBS the combine.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pitts isn't getting that low. There are many folks claiming he is the best TE prospect in 10 years....little overblown but the skillset is there to be SPECIAL.

He's the best receiving TE prospect in the past 10 years. He average 96 yards and 1.5 TDs PER GAME this season and didn't drop a single pass on 65 targets.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talent wise, Pitts is a Top 10 pick. But look at the Draft order and tell me exactly WHO he goes to. A GM most likely is going to "go rogue" and take him and ignore a glaring need elsewhere for him to go in that range. That is why I see him going 15-25 possibly, so with a with a margin of error of +/- 3 spots, he could be there for the taking.

Also keep in mind:

5 QBs in the 1st Round

2-3 1st Round Edge talents for teams who run a 3-4, teams will move up to grab them and reach for the 2nd tier of guys.

8-10 1st Round OL talents this year. Last year was WR, this year's class is stacked at OL. Teams will get their guy of the future early.

That's 15-18 selections right there, no telling where Pitts will fall.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacksonville has no TE...if they add Fields or Lawrence or even Task....giving them an immediate difference maker I see making sense. They have oodles of draft equity and cap space.

Patriots are another team. They know immensely the impact a TE can make of high caliber. I wouldn't be shocked IF they like a QB like Wentz or perhaps bundle their 3rd and their second to move up enough to grab Wilson or Trask should they drop enough.

Dallas also knows the difference a SOLID TE (Witten) can make. Should they shore up Dak, Pitts could be awesome gift to him for years to come, presently IMO only Dalton Schultz has deemed themselves worthy of staying there out of the TEs

There will also be a TON of cap shedding teams like us that could have needs change greatly....it is one reason why this draft is tough to predict. Example of just a few:

Lions - Are tight space wise...they could cut Jesse James loose, Save over $2M and draft a bookend with TJ

Minnesota - Cap space is an issue, not like us but they are presently in the slight negative with only 40 players under contract into 2021....Kyle Rudolph is an instant $5.1M savings. Pitts is an instant shift and go replacement....

Eagles - They are the second worst team in cap issues for 2021...they need to CUT and save EVERYWHERE. Ertz is one of the best...but is one of the few top contract guys they can cut and arguably replace with Pitts or another. Savings is $4.702M

Chargers...Henry may be not be there long term with his contract through 2021 locked and no savings cutting...however that means they're faced with paying him again still in his prime. Pitts immediately IMO provides at worst equivalent threat value out the gate....and they get one year (2021) with BOTH....YIKES.

Jets...also intriguing for him as well. Not with their first 1st rounder but that second one presently sitting at 26.

That is all excluding the "illogical" moves like Raiders taking so many WRs in one draft last year....or a team trading up like we did for Love.

If Pitts falls out of the top 12 picks I envision some SERIOUS trade talks will start. If he gets past MN and NE...they'll REALLY amp up even more so.

Pitts is arguably to many the best TE in 10 years (some more)....and arguably is a top 5/10 talent this draft.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Favre>Rodgers259 I think we all agree....unless someone else shockingly falls, IF Pitts is there at our first round pick - there is ZERO hesitation you pick him...unless some team offers you a trade deal you CANNOT refuse.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All good scenarios. Some of which I've thought of myself. My prime scenario so far is the Jags takes Lawrence then trade up get Pitts.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3rd Mock: CFB Playoffs Set
31st Overall: Kyle Pitts - TE/Florida: Until I know for sure, it's possible and I rarely use this but this is a can't miss pick. The fans get their flashy weapon, and LeFleur gets another TE.

63rd Overall: Jay Tufele - DL/USC: He gives me Kenny Clark vibes. Penei Sewell couldn't block him last year. Let Clark and Tufele line up wherever; hell, run a 2-4-5 if you will. Tufele is a future All-Pro.

94th Overall: Trey Smith - G/Tennesse: With his medical he's almost a fringe Day 3 player, but with Jenkins and Hanson, I think they don't necessarily mind the risk. Smith has massive strength, and he does have some bend, combined with Jenkins, this could be an elite unit.

133rd Overall: Israel Mukuamu - CB/South Carolina: Mukuamu fills a need for either a big slot or boundary corner due to Kevin King's possible departure. He's a better athlete than King too (plus no shoulder issues) so if King were to stay we might have secondary unit leap from good, to very good.

139th Overall: Dillon Radunz - OT/NDSU: I did some more research on Radunz....he was the 1st player in the country invited to the Senior Bowl, that says something. He'd have to impress me to move into Day 2 consideration, but a starting caliber OT on the back end of the 4th is a nice deal.

172nd Overall: Shaka Toney - LB/Penn State: Until I find a better athlete with some pop(which I most likely won't in the 5th Round), Toney is firmly on my board. The Packers are realizing they want an athlete at this position, but don't want to commit ample draft capital or cap money, I'm buying into that with this pick.

174th Overall: Levi Onwuzurike - DL/Washington: Packers need a makeover on the defensive line, Onwuzurike completes that with the earlier addition of Tufele. Hey what's that, an All Pac-12 DL? Ted Thompson would be beaming.

209th Overall: Kadarius Toney - WR/Florida: Not sure why his stock is so far down, Toney did everything in the SEC Championship game. I don't expect him to be here, but it sure would be nice.

218th Overall: Jordyn Peters - CB/Auburn: He's 6'2, plays all four positions in the secondary, AND plays special teams! His coverage ability is average at least, but if we can get a solid special teamer I'll be happy for a sixth. Sign em up coach!

252nd Overall: Zion Johnson - If Linsley departs, and maybe some of the 2020 rookies don't stick, I'm all for reloading at the Guard position. Johnson seems to be firmly down there on Day 3.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I love you, but in what world is Kadarius Toney making it that deep? Your mock site is in no way updated yet and working off of post-2019 intel.

It's kinda like the sites still not illustrating an appropriate grade or expected ranking Greg Newsome II.

Was checking a couple mock sites and even ran a couple scenarios and Greg was still there as late as the 4th LOL yeah okay not happening.

Pitts also available at 31...your mock generator is broken LOL

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FanSpeak is not letting me save my custom board and its glitching. But I've seen several "experts" still have him as a 4th-5th. I'm already prepared for a handful of surprises on Draft Day because I'm certain actual NFL GMs will fumble their picks based on this same information.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to wait for Jake, Steve, and I to agree on boards. The custom keeps glitching. I'm about to move on to TDN but for $30 I dunno....

4th Mock: NFL Playoffs/National Championship Set

31st Overall: Carlos Basham Jr, DL/Wake Forest: His athleticism shines, and I think it would be even more disruptive in a 2-gap system where he can get maximum penetration next to Kenny Clark. He's power and pass rush savvy with a couple different rush plans that still have room for improvement. I have him primarily on the edge his rookie year but with a full NFL offseason he could play anywhere along the line.

63rd Overall: Kary Vincent Jr, CB/LSU: I honestly have a 1st Round Grade on Vincent, this is a case of just so many other players from a talent/need perspective being desired better than him. We have no indication what Green Bay will do with Kevin King, but even if he stayed on the roster, we still don't have a good grip on the talent behind him and Jaire. Vincent is FAST, he won't have the same issues as King with twitchier players, and he's a ballhawk. In a passing league where the slot corner is a starter, he completes the secondary.

94th Overall: Shaka Toney, LB/Penn State: So some NFL Talent advisors have taken Toney's measureables and projected athleticism, and are now projecting him as a possible EDGE player at the next level....although I can't see it myself. He goes from priority Day 3 to must have Day 2. I still want him as LB in the middle of this defense though.

131st Overall: Damonte Coxie, WR/Memphis: I REALLY need to see Coxie run at the Combine to get an accurate projection on him; but I'll say this much, when you NEED a 1st Down....when you NEED a TD, Coxie JUST DOES IT. I've never seen so many forced balls end in completions, and his tape is littered with them. He also absolutely checks the box for Group of 5 players, PRODUCTION. Had he not opted out the for the year he would have had over 3500 yds receiving in his career at Memphis.

139th Overall: Tyler Vrabel, OT/Boston College: Plays with a chip on his shoulder and excels with his pulls. He is purposely built for the outside zone scheme that MLF likes to run. Billy Turner is too expensive to retain given the other salary cap needs of this team. Vrabel to me has a higher floor and ceiling Day 1.

172nd Overall: Bobby Brown III, DL/Texas A&M: We know that Snacks isn't the answer long term. Brown though is an absolute brickhouse for when you need to stuff the run effectively. He demands a double team and his teammates get shots at the QB and stuff the running lanes because of it. Being 6'4 is a plus too for when the defense finds itself up against big personnel and heavy run teams.

174th Overall: LaBryan Ray, DL/Alabama: Ray is another thickly built prospect who is scheme diverse and shores up the Packers horrid run defense. Coupled with Brown, it could give Pettine the flexibility to defend the run while still having options to get to the QB with Basham Jr and Kenny Clark.

209th Overall: Sadarius Hutcherson, OL/South Carolina: With the expected departure of Billy Turner, Hutcherson fills in nicely for the swing tackle roll. Has experience at every position but Center, but I project him to mostly compete at Right Guard. We saw Elgton Jenkins move around a little too much on the back end of the season, and I'd prefer if we had some additional pieces that provided greater flexibility.

218th Overall: Pooka Williams, RB/Kansas: I'm not sure what becomes of Dexter on this team, whether he remains a stash on the PS or the Packers move on. We do know that Green Bay missed the Tyler Ervin role. Pookah fits that nicely as a depth addition. While he's only 170, he plays like he's got an extra 30 lbs on him.

252nd Overall: Jordyn Peters, CB/Auburn: I'd like another special teams stud on this team with some size, and if I can have him I'd prefer if he plays DB. Peters fills that role and I believe he does have some actual upside to playing in the secondary on some real defensive snaps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts