F>R's 2020 Mock Draft Thread (Final Mocks Page 16)

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's get it....

THIRD MOCK - BOWL SEASON KICKS OFF
27th Overall: Kenneth Murray, ILB - Oklahoma: Murray is trending towards the top to the middle of the 2nd Round, but he'll be gone for us if we wait, or Gute forces a trade(more on that later). We gotta take him here in the 1st, nobody will fault us if we do.

59th Overall: Justin Jefferson, WR - LSU: We are in quite the conundrum because Jefferson is trending to the top of the 2nd Round to the back of the 1st! The CFP will probably only solidify his belonging on Thursday night, if he hasn't locked in a Green Room invite already. We are dangerously close to missing out here, but for now he is a definitely 2nd Round lock at the very least. He could very well be the best value in the 2nd Round should he be selected.

91st Overall: Marvin Wilson, DE - Florida State: In many other Drafts, Wilson is probably a 2nd Round lock....or if FSU had a good season, or he didn't injure his hand. His misfortunes we can cash in on and line him up next to Clark and Lowry for instant production on that left side of the DL.

135th Overall: Jacob Phillips, ILB - LSU: Gute may have to double dip at ILB earlier than he wants if Martinez walks....which I don't think Blake wants to do but as the NFL's tackle leader more than once, Martinez may get a major payday elsewhere(let's hope it's not in our Division). Phillips combined with Murray in the 1st gives us 5 years of high quality production on the inside for pennies on the dollar. Hopefully the CFP doesn't push him into guaranteed Day 2 conversation.

173rd Overall: Kellen Mond, QB - Texas A&M: I liken him to a "light version" of Tua. He has made all the throws in an equally impressive fashion, and he has the legs to make huge plays downfield on his own, he just needs more development. He probably should stay one more year with Jimbo Fisher, but he wants to declare. I don't see Gute spending too high in draft capital yet with Rodgers on the roster, but he could make little "stabs" here and there to prepare for his retirement. Mond already has all the physical tools to me that Boyle doesn't(Boyle still slightly edges him in arm strength I think, but not by much) he just needs continued solid coaching. I'll be watching his stat line against Oklahoma State.

194th Overall: Terrance Steele, OT - Texas Tech: The 6'6, 320 pounder hasn't gained any notoriety yet, and I pray it stays that way until the Senior Bowl. He will be one to watch in the Gator Bowl against Virginia.

208th Overall: Naquan Jones, DT - Michigan State: At 6'4, 340, he's HUGE. And there's some definite muscle in that body too. Quick first step, all the tools for a pass rusher with just a little needed refinement. I'd like him to lose 20lbs so that he can stay on the field, but that may not be necessary backing up Kenny Clark. I'd be VERY interested to see them together in a jumbo package though.

231st Overall: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR - Liberty: I can't take my mind off the fact that Gute will probably go WR in the 1st or 2nd, then go low in the 6th or 7th trying to find a gem. As such, I can't take my mind off of Gandy-Golden hanging out down here. Brandon Aiyuk was a interesting pick in this range as well, but Gandy-Golden just dominates his competition at Liberty and I think that translates to the league more than scouts think right now. A Senior-Bowl or East-West Shrine invite will certainly tell us more, but Gandy-Golden and the Flames play in their first bowl game EVER against Georgia Southern later today. Should be fun to watch.

235th Overall: Matt Hennessy, OL - Temple: Hennessy is back on my list as a swing interior lineman who may be able to challenge Billy Turner after an NFL offseason. But right now, he provides quality depth until he can get to where he needs to be. Check him out in the Military Bowl against North Carolina.

248th Overall: Eric Lee Jr., S - Nebraska: A virtual unknown until this year, he leaps off the page based on what he's done in just one year. Has experience at CB as well. I wished he would have had a chance in a bowl game, but perhaps the Senior Bowl will give him a nod.

I keep getting Murray too, and what I saw of him I like, but I like a trade down to 33-35 and get him. First round ILBs make me nervous since the AJ Hawk debachle. Mond no way we we draft at all let alone before the 7th round. He's 7th round or UDFA talent not 5th round like you drafted him.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's get it....

THIRD MOCK - BOWL SEASON KICKS OFF
27th Overall: Kenneth Murray, ILB - Oklahoma: Murray is trending towards the top to the middle of the 2nd Round, but he'll be gone for us if we wait, or Gute forces a trade(more on that later). We gotta take him here in the 1st, nobody will fault us if we do.

59th Overall: Justin Jefferson, WR - LSU: We are in quite the conundrum because Jefferson is trending to the top of the 2nd Round to the back of the 1st! The CFP will probably only solidify his belonging on Thursday night, if he hasn't locked in a Green Room invite already. We are dangerously close to missing out here, but for now he is a definitely 2nd Round lock at the very least. He could very well be the best value in the 2nd Round should he be selected.

91st Overall: Marvin Wilson, DE - Florida State: In many other Drafts, Wilson is probably a 2nd Round lock....or if FSU had a good season, or he didn't injure his hand. His misfortunes we can cash in on and line him up next to Clark and Lowry for instant production on that left side of the DL.

135th Overall: Jacob Phillips, ILB - LSU: Gute may have to double dip at ILB earlier than he wants if Martinez walks....which I don't think Blake wants to do but as the NFL's tackle leader more than once, Martinez may get a major payday elsewhere(let's hope it's not in our Division). Phillips combined with Murray in the 1st gives us 5 years of high quality production on the inside for pennies on the dollar. Hopefully the CFP doesn't push him into guaranteed Day 2 conversation.

173rd Overall: Kellen Mond, QB - Texas A&M: I liken him to a "light version" of Tua. He has made all the throws in an equally impressive fashion, and he has the legs to make huge plays downfield on his own, he just needs more development. He probably should stay one more year with Jimbo Fisher, but he wants to declare. I don't see Gute spending too high in draft capital yet with Rodgers on the roster, but he could make little "stabs" here and there to prepare for his retirement. Mond already has all the physical tools to me that Boyle doesn't(Boyle still slightly edges him in arm strength I think, but not by much) he just needs continued solid coaching. I'll be watching his stat line against Oklahoma State.

194th Overall: Terrance Steele, OT - Texas Tech: The 6'6, 320 pounder hasn't gained any notoriety yet, and I pray it stays that way until the Senior Bowl. He will be one to watch in the Gator Bowl against Virginia.

208th Overall: Naquan Jones, DT - Michigan State: At 6'4, 340, he's HUGE. And there's some definite muscle in that body too. Quick first step, all the tools for a pass rusher with just a little needed refinement. I'd like him to lose 20lbs so that he can stay on the field, but that may not be necessary backing up Kenny Clark. I'd be VERY interested to see them together in a jumbo package though.

231st Overall: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR - Liberty: I can't take my mind off the fact that Gute will probably go WR in the 1st or 2nd, then go low in the 6th or 7th trying to find a gem. As such, I can't take my mind off of Gandy-Golden hanging out down here. Brandon Aiyuk was a interesting pick in this range as well, but Gandy-Golden just dominates his competition at Liberty and I think that translates to the league more than scouts think right now. A Senior-Bowl or East-West Shrine invite will certainly tell us more, but Gandy-Golden and the Flames play in their first bowl game EVER against Georgia Southern later today. Should be fun to watch.

235th Overall: Matt Hennessy, OL - Temple: Hennessy is back on my list as a swing interior lineman who may be able to challenge Billy Turner after an NFL offseason. But right now, he provides quality depth until he can get to where he needs to be. Check him out in the Military Bowl against North Carolina.

248th Overall: Eric Lee Jr., S - Nebraska: A virtual unknown until this year, he leaps off the page based on what he's done in just one year. Has experience at CB as well. I wished he would have had a chance in a bowl game, but perhaps the Senior Bowl will give him a nod.

2 things: 1.) Where are you doing your mocks? 2.) I'm doing mine on fanspeak and I just got Murray in Round 2 pick 30.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my mock draft. While I don't think we'll get some of these guys where they were taken, this is how it stands with fanspeak right now, and yes all 3 of my 7s were reaches but I went with players I'd seen.

30: R1P30
OT JOSH JONES
HOUSTON

62: R2P30
LB KENNETH MURRAY
OKLAHOMA

94: R3P30
CB LAMAR JACKSON
NEBRASKA

133: R4P30
G DAMIEN LEWIS
LSU

175: R5P29
QB NATE STANLEY
IOWA

192: R6P13
S ALOHI GILMAN
NOTRE DAME

209: R6P30
TE C.J. O'GRADY
ARKANSAS

224: R7P10
DL NAQUAN JONES
MICHIGAN STATE

239: R7P25
C ZACH SHACKELFORD
TEXAS

246: R7P32
G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um....let the record show I make a motion that if you think BF fell into our laps in some fashion and wasn't traded for you're right to be a Packer fan should be revoked.

All in favor say "yea" (MILLIONS OF YEA'S STREAM FROM PACKER FANS)

All opposed say "nay"...........

Motion passes. Next line of business...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Fanspeak he's the 195th rated player so at 192 it's a very sight reach.

His late declaration for the draft I sense hurt his stock some...I personally expect him to interview very well, show some surprises pro days and combines as well...is he a day two pick...no, but just let the record show I like the guy for sure.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst best has happened....Jordyn Brooks has been given a 2nd Round Grade by Matt Miller. It was probably inevitable after the Combine, but not this soon!

Darkhorse 3rd Rounder: Albert Okwuegbunam

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst best has happened....Jordyn Brooks has been given a 2nd Round Grade by Matt Miller. It was probably inevitable after the Combine, but not this soon!

Darkhorse 3rd Rounder: Albert Okwuegbunam

I been telling y'all about Brooks. He's good.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*Imitates Chicken* Mock, mock, mock mock....

FOURTH MOCK - NFCCG KNEE-JERK REACTION
Offseason:

Cut Billy Turner - $850k
Cut Jimmy Graham - $8M
Cut Lane Taylor - $4.55M
Cut Josh Jackson - $390k
Cut Oren Burks - $517k
Cut Montravius Adams - $770k
Cut Cole Madison - $579k
Cut Yosh Nijman - $585k

Estimated Cap Room - $41.1M

Sign Mason Crosby to 3 year, $12M deal. $4.2M guaranteed
Sign Marcedes Lewis to 1 year, $2.1M deal. $315k guaranteed
Sign Bryan Bulaga to 4 year, $36M deal. $9M guaranteed

Estimated Cap Space - $29.7M

Sign Cory Littleton to 5 year, $47.5M deal. $16.6M guaranteed
Sign Tyler Ervin to 2 year, $2M deal. $700k guaranteed
Sign Logan Ryan to 3 year, $33M deal. $13.2M guaranteed
Sign Hunter Henry to 4 year, $37.6M deal. $13.2M guaranteed
Sign Jason Peters to 3 year, $19.5M deal, $3.9M guaranteed

Estimated Cap Space - $7.2M

30th Overall - Justin Jefferson, WR/LSU: It's pretty sketchy if he'll be here. He's my 25th Overall prospect. The QB scramble will determine this one most likely. If not Tee Higgins will work, but he may not be here either. Lazard makes a nice #3 option but I'm not sure what his ceiling is as of yet.

62nd Overall - Marlon Davidson, DE/Auburn: This 3-4 DE class is SHALLOW. Davidson is a Top 100 player for sure, but when you're picking 30th, most guys will be a slight reach. The 49ers did the greatest expose on the Packers run defense. I didn't trust Gute to spend huge on a guy in FA, so Davidson will be immediately thrown in the fire.

94th Overall - Hakeem Adeniji, OT/Kansas: While Bulaga did get re-signed, it's only to allow the future to have a chance to grow. Adeniji replaces Bulaga in 2 years tops.

133rd Overall - Jacob Phillips, ILB/LSU: I'm convinced that the top ILBs of the class won't make it to us. Littleton was a must FA signing. Phillips inserts as the #2 and creates a dynamic ILB combo.

175th Overall - Tyler Johnson, WR/Minnesota: While Jefferson could hypothetically be enough on his own, there needs to be a second guy to put MVS and ESB on notice. Kumerow will make his one play a game but there needs to be more consistency out there to keep the offense rolling. Johnson could be that by Year 2.

192nd Overall - Jordyn Brooks, ILB/Texas Tech: I'm still uncertain where his grade is but with the failed experiment of Oren Burks there needs to be someone who can take his role on Special Teams as well as fill in for injuries while still developing into a sound ILB. I like Brooks to be up to that task.

209th Overall - McTelvin Agim, DL/Arkansas: I had a good feeling about him and so far I'm right. He had an awesome performance in the trenches at the East-West Shrine game. It would be interesting to see if he gets a late invite to the Senior Bowl as well.

224th Overall - Terrance Steele, OT/Texas Tech: I'm still holding on to one my better kept secrets in the Draft until the Combine where I'll get a better idea of his Draft stock. I'll let him stay down here for the next couple weeks,

242nd Overall - Jack Driscoll, OG/Aubrun: Driscoll also has a good showing at the East-West Shrine game, but it seems he would be better suited to Guard in the NFL. A Guard with Tackle experience is very valuable in the NFL and with the Packers depleted on the interior his abilities will be in high demand. I expect this to be the last time he'll be a late Day 3 pick as he inches into solid Round 5-6 conversation.

243rd Overall - Alex Highsmith, OLB/Charlotte: Another East-West Shrine guy I liked who should now warrant a 7th Round selection. While Gary should find ways to get on the field with Fackrell lost to FA, there should still be someone being groomed in the background should injuries force Gary into a full-time role. Highsmith doesn't have the same length as Fackrell but he's much faster. I believe the key for him is to test well strength-wise at the Combine this spring.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok multiple problems here.

I can't cut Billy Turner this coming year. Maybe next year, I need to know we don't have a huge hole on the right side of our line before I do this...also isn't Linsley at the end of his rookie contact. No guarantee he stays, and I think Turner could slide over.

I can't cut Montravius Adams this year either. I think this kid deserves one more year and with that he can become a beast. I'd rather not find out he's a beast when he's playing against us.

Sign Bulaga for 4 years? Dude pass the bottle. He's had 3 ACL replacements, he now has back issues, he's becoming Chad Clifton at the end of his career. I'd rather cut him or make him a back up at this point.

Now onto your draft:

We don't need WRs. We have EQ St. Brown who when healthy is a 1, not a 2 which is all we need out of him. Lazard and Kumerow are good as a 3 and 4. We're ok at WR.

I've watched Marlon Davidson for a couple years (Auburn fan) I don't think we're gonna get him late 2...I think we have to trade up at LEAST 10 spots to get him.

With the ILB crop you either draft Murray in round 1 or wait until round 4 to draft ILB. Rice, Fisher and some of those guys are gonna start and be mid-late round selections 3rd round is too early to get an ILB unless you get Murray early.

TWO Wide Receivers? Read prior comments

I like Driscoll, love him actually, but I see him as Bulaga's replacement more than an Interior Line position.

Offseason:

Cut Billy Turner - $850k
Cut Jimmy Graham - $8M
Cut Lane Taylor - $4.55M
Cut Josh Jackson - $390k
Cut Oren Burks - $517k
Cut Cole Madison - $579k
Cut Yosh Nijman - $585k

30th Overall - Justin Jefferson, WR/LSU: It's pretty sketchy if he'll be here. He's my 25th Overall prospect. The QB scramble will determine this one most likely. If not Tee Higgins will work, but he may not be here either. Lazard makes a nice #3 option but I'm not sure what his ceiling is as of yet.

62nd Overall - Marlon Davidson, DE/Auburn: This 3-4 DE class is SHALLOW. Davidson is a Top 100 player for sure, but when you're picking 30th, most guys will be a slight reach. The 49ers did the greatest expose on the Packers run defense. I didn't trust Gute to spend huge on a guy in FA, so Davidson will be immediately thrown in the fire.

94th Overall - Hakeem Adeniji, OT/Kansas: While Bulaga did get re-signed, it's only to allow the future to have a chance to grow. Adeniji replaces Bulaga in 2 years tops.

133rd Overall - Jacob Phillips, ILB/LSU: I'm convinced that the top ILBs of the class won't make it to us. Littleton was a must FA signing. Phillips inserts as the #2 and creates a dynamic ILB combo.

175th Overall - Tyler Johnson, WR/Minnesota: While Jefferson could hypothetically be enough on his own, there needs to be a second guy to put MVS and ESB on notice. Kumerow will make his one play a game but there needs to be more consistency out there to keep the offense rolling. Johnson could be that by Year 2.

192nd Overall - Jordyn Brooks, ILB/Texas Tech: I'm still uncertain where his grade is but with the failed experiment of Oren Burks there needs to be someone who can take his role on Special Teams as well as fill in for injuries while still developing into a sound ILB. I like Brooks to be up to that task.

209th Overall - McTelvin Agim, DL/Arkansas: I had a good feeling about him and so far I'm right. He had an awesome performance in the trenches at the East-West Shrine game. It would be interesting to see if he gets a late invite to the Senior Bowl as well.

224th Overall - Terrance Steele, OT/Texas Tech: I'm still holding on to one my better kept secrets in the Draft until the Combine where I'll get a better idea of his Draft stock. I'll let him stay down here for the next couple weeks,

242nd Overall - Jack Driscoll, OG/Aubrun: Driscoll also has a good showing at the East-West Shrine game, but it seems he would be better suited to Guard in the NFL. A Guard with Tackle experience is very valuable in the NFL and with the Packers depleted on the interior his abilities will be in high demand. I expect this to be the last time he'll be a late Day 3 pick as he inches into solid Round 5-6 conversation.

243rd Overall - Alex Highsmith, OLB/Charlotte: Another East-West Shrine guy I liked who should now warrant a 7th Round selection. While Gary should find ways to get on the field with Fackrell lost to FA, there should still be someone being groomed in the background should injuries force Gary into a full-time role. Highsmith doesn't have the same length as Fackrell but he's much faster. I believe the key for him is to test well strength-wise at the Combine this spring.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can't cut Billy Turner this coming year. Maybe next year, I need to know we don't have a huge hole on the right side of our line before I do this...also isn't Linsley at the end of his rookie contact. No guarantee he stays, and I think Turner could slide over.

I can't cut Montravius Adams this year either. I think this kid deserves one more year and with that he can become a beast. I'd rather not find out he's a beast when he's playing against us.

Sign Bulaga for 4 years? Dude pass the bottle. He's had 3 ACL replacements, he now has back issues, he's becoming Chad Clifton at the end of his career. I'd rather cut him or make him a back up at this point.

Now onto your draft:

We don't need WRs. We have EQ St. Brown who when healthy is a 1, not a 2 which is all we need out of him. Lazard and Kumerow are good as a 3 and 4. We're ok at WR.

I've watched Marlon Davidson for a couple years (Auburn fan) I don't think we're gonna get him late 2...I think we have to trade up at LEAST 10 spots to get him.

With the ILB crop you either draft Murray in round 1 or wait until round 4 to draft ILB. Rice, Fisher and some of those guys are gonna start and be mid-late round selections 3rd round is too early to get an ILB unless you get Murray early.

I like Driscoll, love him actually, but I see him as Bulaga's replacement more than an Interior Line position.
Completely agree with your analysis apart from the fact that you say we do not need WR's. It's pretty much the only position which we do desperately need.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now onto your draft:

Billy Turner was just "ok" this year. I don't think his performance warrants(or necessitates) his roster spot. I could see him competing with a rookie in training camp next year for a spot, but this is a "knee jerk" mock so there's the decision.

Montravius Adams did NOTHING all 2019. Don't be an Auburn homer man, his college heyday is over, this is the NFL.

Bulaga is still playing at a high level. It's a 4 year deal but only $9M is guaranteed, meaning he has to: 1. Be available to play and 2. Still be playing at a high level. We let him go that money will come from somebody else's wallet.

I have Davidson as a Top 100 player and that's it. He's definitely not Round 1 but I can see him going closer to mid Round 2.

Cory Littleton takes the top ILB spot as a FA signing. Simmons and Murray are both gone before we pick Round 1. Rice is also gone before we pick Round 2. Phillips and Brooks will suffice for the rebuild of the position as we dont't have to put too much on them too soon. Buzzy Bolton and Ty Summers are still waiting in the wings but are by no means sure things.

I strongly disagree that ESB is a #1 WR. He had a decent rookie year, but nothing that said he's the answer. Keep in mind that Allison was not retained. Johnson could force Kumerow out even. So that leaves a group that would be: 1. Adams 2. Jefferson 3. Lazard 4. ESB 5. Johnson 6. MVS. We need some competition in that position group. Only 2 players last night had over 50 yards receiving, Adams and Graham. In the NFCDG only one person was over 50 yards receiving and that was Adams(Graham came close with 49). How you can say we don't need a WR when that was the production in the postseason is perplexing to say the least.

Driscoll is getting knocked for his strength. If he pans out at RT, great. If he doesn't RG would be perfect. He could be Billy Turner without paying Billy Turner money.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now onto your draft:

Why not move Taylor over to RG instead of Billy Turner?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Cutting Billy Turner does not make any financial sense. Also, its highly unlikely Logan Ryan and Hunter Henry will leave their current teams and they certainly would not leave for only 13 million in guarantees. Both the Titans and the Chargers have estimated ~55 million in salary cap next year. While the chargers may sign a big name QB (cough cough Tom Brady), they more likely will go the draft route as their position in the first round could set them up well.

I do love the Justin Jefferson pick, as I currently believe he is the best receiver that would fall to the Packers.

Offseason:

Cut Billy Turner - $850k
Cut Jimmy Graham - $8M
Cut Lane Taylor - $4.55M
Cut Josh Jackson - $390k
Cut Oren Burks - $517k
Cut Cole Madison - $579k
Cut Yosh Nijman - $585k

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not move Taylor over to RG instead of Billy Turner?

I see Taylor as purely a backup, but not a backup on this team.

Cutting Billy Turner does not make any financial sense. Also, its highly unlikely Logan Ryan and Hunter Henry will leave their current teams and they certainly would not leave for only 13 million in guarantees. Both the Titans and the Chargers have estimated ~55 million in salary cap next year. While the chargers may sign a big name QB (cough cough Tom Brady), they more likely will go the draft route as their position in the first round could set them up well.

I do love the Justin Jefferson pick, as I currently believe he is the best receiver that would fall to the Packers.

It's just a "knee jerk" mock Kyra. I don't like FanSpeaks GM tool because I do believe it's unrealistic but we'll see. There were FAs I could've signed but like you said I found it unrealistic to sign them. Both Hunter Henry and Jason Peters are rumored to leave their respective teams and with Logan Ryan already on his 2nd team I think for the money he could bolt as Tennessee gave him just a 2 year deal.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Billy Turner was just "ok" this year. I don't think his performance warrants(or necessitates) his roster spot. I could see him competing with a rookie in training camp next year for a spot, but this is a "knee jerk" mock so there's the decision.

Montravius Adams did NOTHING all 2019. Don't be an Auburn homer man, his college heyday is over, this is the NFL.

Bulaga is still playing at a high level. It's a 4 year deal but only $9M is guaranteed, meaning he has to: 1. Be available to play and 2. Still be playing at a high level. We let him go that money will come from somebody else's wallet.

I have Davidson as a Top 100 player and that's it. He's definitely not Round 1 but I can see him going closer to mid Round 2.

Cory Littleton takes the top ILB spot as a FA signing. Simmons and Murray are both gone before we pick Round 1. Rice is also gone before we pick Round 2. Phillips and Brooks will suffice for the rebuild of the position as we dont't have to put too much on them too soon. Buzzy Bolton and Ty Summers are still waiting in the wings but are by no means sure things.

I strongly disagree that ESB is a #1 WR. He had a decent rookie year, but nothing that said he's the answer. Keep in mind that Allison was not retained. Johnson could force Kumerow out even. So that leaves a group that would be: 1. Adams 2. Jefferson 3. Lazard 4. ESB 5. Johnson 6. MVS. We need some competition in that position group. Only 2 players last night had over 50 yards receiving, Adams and Graham. In the NFCDG only one person was over 50 yards receiving and that was Adams(Graham came close with 49). How you can say we don't need a WR when that was the production in the postseason is perplexing to say the least.

Driscoll is getting knocked for his strength. If he pans out at RT, great. If he doesn't RG would be perfect. He could be Billy Turner without paying Billy Turner money.

I would be ok with Summers taking over for Martinez in 2020. Bolton I think we keep for depth and try to work him into the starting lineup by mid-season. I worry about injury issues and size with him.

I also think that now that EQ got out of his old man's head you started to see the real him this training camp and preseason, and a cheap shot ended his season in pre-season. He stays healthy you'll see the guy that was Kizer's primary at Notre Dame.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be ok with Summers taking over for Martinez in 2020. Bolton I think we keep for depth and try to work him into the starting lineup by mid-season. I worry about injury issues and size with him.

I also think that now that EQ got out of his old man's head you started to see the real him this training camp and preseason, and a cheap shot ended his season in pre-season. He stays healthy you'll see the guy that was Kizer's primary at Notre Dame.

Regarding Summers...why? He didn't play a single defensive snap that I can think of. Why expect that he can replace Martinez?

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding Summers...why? He didn't play a single defensive snap that I can think of. Why expect that he can replace Martinez?
Yeah Summer didnt play a single snap but .. I trust him more than Burks right now (sad statement). BUT Burks knows the calls and sets on defense thats all. I know Summers can take on blocks and is instinctive enough to be at the right spot. I also don't think Summers is ready yet to mentally to take over Martinez spot (he knows his responsibilty but has to set fronts and know responsibilities of others). LOL our ILB spot is so sad right now..

I really like Bolton. Watching 2018 Kenneth Murray tape but the only player that's flashing was Bolton. Boltons size worries me and he also has multiple injury histories.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MY Take:

Bulaga - re-sign
Crosby - re-sign
Clark - extend
Graham - cut
Taylor - cut
Martinez - wait

FA signings

(ILB + DL) or (2x DL)

Rational, make that D-Line powerful so offenses have to choose between blocking them, or the Smith brothers. If we can get an upgrade at ILB and DL, then maybe we can keep Martinez at a reasonable offer or let go if not. I like Green and Campbell will do great in our nickle packages and we can draft an ILB to go along with the FA vet. If we can't get anyone reasonable, draft an ILB early and keep Martinez at a reasonable cost, but don't overpay.

The Draft - Going on the premeise we have signed an ILB and DL in FA.
Only going 4 deep here since last 3 rounds are pretty much backup/ST guys anyway.

Pick #30 - Hamler WR (passed on Swift, but could have gone that way too)
Pick #62 - Reagor WR
Pick #94 - Trautman TE (Dominated at Sr. Bowl)
Pick #126 - Moss, RB

Was shooting for Trautman in Rd 2 but Reagor was still available. I doubt Trautman will last to Rd. 3 though. Lost out on Jordyn Brooks in Rd. 3 where I wanted to pick him up. After that, Just grabbed BPA at a position other than WR.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pick #30 - Hamler WR (passed on Swift, but could have gone that way too)
Pick #62 - Reagor WR
Great picks. Hamler is going to a weapon in the NFL. Reagor reminds me of a faster but not as quick version of Randall Cobb.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Summer didnt play a single snap but .. I trust him more than Burks right now (sad statement). BUT Burks knows the calls and sets on defense thats all. I know Summers can take on blocks and is instinctive enough to be at the right spot. I also don't think Summers is ready yet to mentally to take over Martinez spot (he knows his responsibilty but has to set fronts and know responsibilities of others). LOL our ILB spot is so sad right now..

I really like Bolton. Watching 2018 Kenneth Murray tape but the only player that's flashing was Bolton. Boltons size worries me and he also has multiple injury histories.

I think Summers can make the calls but yes I worry about experience level on responsibilities of others is lacking due to that. Also think he might be 5-8 pounds smaller than Blake? That may factor in too but I don't think too much. Bolton flashed will admit, but is he injury prone, did he ONLY flash in PS, things we don't know the answer to. Same can also be said about Summers. I think we all agree the Oren Burks experiment was a bad decision. We should've tried to draft Cunningham.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FIFTH MOCK - POST SENIOR BOWL/PRE-COMBINE
30th Overall: Justin Jefferson, WR - LSU: He will continue to be my undisputed 1st Round Pick until further notice. Murray was already gone anyway.

62nd Overall: Raekwon Davis, DE - Alabama: How cool that this guy is available in the 2nd Round?! Davis can line up anywhere but at 6'7 he's a must have on the end. He has "plus-plus" run-stopping ability; which if we're seeing the 49ers, Seahawks, Saints, and Vikings every postseason, will be a necessity.

94th Overall: Adam Trautman, TE - Dayton: This TE class isn't **** but I think Trautman could drop to the 3rd based off a run on OL that spans mid 2nd to early 3rd Round. With Trautman no extra WR is needed in this Draft, take your 2 new weapons and thrive Aaron Rodgers.

133rd Overall: Jacob Phillips, ILB - LSU: Phillips no matter what board, custom or otherwise, remains a staple in the 4th Round. I find it somewhat insulting to his potential that he's available this late, but Blake Martinez was a 4th Rounder too(131st Overall!!!!)....what do we have to lose?

175th Overall: Larrell Murchinson, DL - NC State: This guy was completely off my board earlier, but the Senior Bowl made me a believer. He casually whipped a couple of top tier linemen in practice and drills, I'd like to see more please at Lambeau.

192nd Overall: Khaleke Hudson, ILB - Michigan: Can his frame put on an extra 10-15 lbs? I'd like to find out. His coverage skills won't make it in this league as a safety in my opinion, but they'll work for an ILB running with TEs and RBs.

209th Overall: Terrence Steele, OT - Texas Tech: This is the last mock I expect to find him in the 6th Round....I hope I'm wrong.

224th Overall: Jack Driscoll, OG - Auburn: Surprisingly low hanging fruit still in the Draft. I expected the Senior Bowl to give him a boost and it did not. To me that screams he's converting to Guard in the NFL. I'll take it no matter what though.

242nd Overall: Tanner Muse, S/LB - Clemson: I love it when a prospect crawls back on my board. Muse had decent tape in a losing effort to LSU in the National Championship. He's already 230 whereas Hudson isn't; Hudson has the speed though. I'd love to see these two scrap it out over camp for an ILB or sub-package starting gig in camp.

243rd Overall: McTelvin Agim, DL - Arkansas: He slid a little bit for some unknown reason, but I'm still interested as this DL needs a boost. I like him to push Lancaster for a spot early. Davis, Murchinson, and Agim should provide the solution the DL needs via the "TT Take Three" strategy.

I'm going to shy away from trades and FA for now as the most likely trading partners have a TON of cap and I'd like to see theirs and our FA first in order to make realistic trades.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
FIFTH MOCK - POST SENIOR BOWL/PRE-COMBINE
30th Overall: Justin Jefferson, WR - LSU: He will continue to by my undisputed 1st Round Pick until further notice. Murray was already gone anyway.

62nd Overall: Raekwon Davis, DE - Alabama: How cool that this guy is available in the 2nd Round?! Davis can line up anywhere but at 6'7 he's a must have on the end. He has "plus-plus" run-stopping ability; which if we're seeing the 49ers, Seahawks, Saints, and Vikings every postseason, will be a necessity.

94th Overall: Adam Trautman, TE - Dayton: This TE class isn't **** but I think Trautman could drop to the 3rd based off a run on OL that spans mid 2nd to early 3rd Round. With Trautman no extra WR is needed in this Draft, take your 2 new weapons and thrive Aaron Rodgers.

133rd Overall: Jacob Phillips, ILB - LSU: Phillips no matter what board, custom or otherwise, remains a staple in the 4th Round. I find it somewhat insulting to his potential that he's available this late, but Blake Martinez was a 4th Rounder too(131st Overall!!!!)....what do we have to lose?

175th Overall: Larrell Murchinson, DL - NC State: This guy was completely off my board earlier, but the Senior Bowl made me a believer. He casually whipped a couple of top tier linemen in practice and drills, I'd like to see more please at Lambeau.

192nd Overall: Khaleke Hudson, ILB - Michigan: Can his frame put on an extra 10-15 lbs? I'd like to find out. His coverage skills won't make it in this league as a safety in my opinion, but they'll work for an ILB running with TEs and RBs.

209th Overall: Terrence Steele, OT - Texas Tech: This is the last mock I expect to find him in the 6th Round....I hope I'm wrong.

224th Overall: Jack Driscoll, OG - Auburn: Surprisingly low hanging fruit still in the Draft. I expected the Senior Bowl to give him a boost and it did not. To me that screams he's converting to Guard in the NFL. I'll take it no matter what though.

242nd Overall: Tanner Muse, S/LB - Clemson: I love it when a prospect crawls back on my board. Muse had decent tape in a losing effort to LSU in the National Championship. He's already 230 whereas Hudson isn't; Hudson has the speed though. I'd love to see these two scrap it out over camp for an ILB or sub-package starting gig in camp.

243rd Overall: McTelvin Agim, DL - Arkansas: He slid a little bit for some unknown reason, but I'm still interested as this DL needs a boost. I like him to push Lancaster for a spot early. Davis, Murchinson, and Agim should provide the solution the DL needs via the "TT Take Three" strategy.

I'm going to shy away from trades and FA for now as the most likely trading partners have a TON of cap and I'd like to see theirs and our FA first in order to make realistic trades.

Love it! Looks a lot like my first mock draft. If Davis falls he a no brainer and immediate upgrade to the dline. While ILB is important, I think people are underestimating the need to give Kenny Clark help on the line.

Members online

Latest posts