1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Extra game would likely be in foreign countries

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, May 12, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Hey, a second week into Feb? Maybe it could increase the chance of a Super Bowl in GB lol ...

2. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not big on it from the standpoint of waiting until 2 am to watch a game or watching it recorded. but who knows

3. nathanielgreenwood

nathanielgreenwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At the end of the day it does not effect the amount of games played at Lambeau and offers fans in other countrys the oppertunity to see some NFL action. I hope that GB comes to London before Favre retires, then I will probobly have seen him play live more times that a lot of Wisconsin people :D

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    If it doesn't take away a home game, I'm okay with it. But I have a moronic theory that came about.

What if NFL picks up around the world? That means more teams, the talent we have now is spread thin?

Or would the talent increase with the rest of the world throwing players into the mix?

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    i would love to see Green Bay at wembly i would love to see Favre play before he retires

6. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

u mean like i do every bloody week

i got offered some tickets for the giants vs fins game but did not want to go watch 2 team who r going nowhere for 10 years

i would love to go watch green bay in the u.k

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    yeah but surely an extra game must be good for NFL and for it to be played in the UK must help the NFL as it proves it is a worldwide sport

8. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    we have a lot of english fans, just on this board. can you guys explain what got ya interested in football, besides Green Bay being the best franchise ever?

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    well lets see my bro suports Miami my step dad follows NFL so thats why i like NFL

10. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well in the 80s my dad watched nfl when it was free to watch

a few years ago we got sky t.v in (like cable in america) and the 1st team i watched was green bay beat the seahawks in the post season and in overtime when hasselbeck won the toss and said "we will take the ball and win" he threw a pick the al harris (i think) who returned it for a T.d

my love just grew from there

i would also say the madden games on consoles had a big part in my loveo f football

11. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    ye Madden did the same and i also like the PAckers cause i watched them on Christams Eve one year on sky

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The funny thing I was thinking is EVERY record set during a 14-game season will be gone. 2000 yard seasons will be a lot more common, and someone will throw 5000 yards again. So much for Marino's remaining record (Favre will beat all his career records by the time he retires).

13. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    yeah hopefully he does

14. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  15. TheStone

TheStone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I'd be looking foward to a Packersgame somewhere around Europe. Where
    exactly would be no concern. I'd just be there.

Football has fans everywhere. I think, the only reason why Football
    doesn't spread around the world faster is, that people don't get it. :)
    Someone has to explain it to you, so that you know what's happening
    on the field. I think, that is what the NFL is trying to do with this worldwide GD.

My first game of football was in 1993. College football, Michigan vs. Iowa State. Quality was sub NFL Europa, but I liked it anyway.

Then came SuperBowl XXXI and you know what happend.... :)
    I started reading about the great tradition and history of the Green Bay Packers and I never left.

16. nathanielgreenwood

nathanielgreenwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I got into the packer by two coincidences. I went shopping one day and bought the latest copy of Madden and 'Theres something about mary'. Luckily I watched the film before playing Madden and the rest is history...

17. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    greenwood that is hilarious. cool stories... i think translating soccer to America faces the same challenge of NFL to England, so i think its interesting... i personally like them both equally.

i think the EPL and NFL are very similiar. and both seem to have the same goal of world wide domination...

18. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The EPL and European soccer in general is hell bent on dominating the asian market these days. I doubt they will ever seriously try and enter the US market bar a few preseason games every summer.

19. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Just don't be taking away the Packer home games!!