"Experts" Consensus Top 100

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You, I, a lot of us have opinions, preferences, ratings, etc.

Then there are the paid guys like the Kipers, McShays, Mayocks, etc. who actually spend their time reviewing film we don't have access to, talking to coaches, scouts, some GMs, etc.

Here's what their consensus top-100 looks like.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I highlighted what # picks we the Packers own.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night on ESPN2, McShay & Kiper did a Mock, 3-rounds. They alternated between the 2 of them, and each CHOSE THE GUY THEY WOULD CHOSE for each TEAM THE PICKED FOR.
Not who they guess the team would take, but who THEY WOULD take for each particular team.

Here's who they came away with for the Packers first 3 rounds:

• #1- CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama
  • #2- Louis Nix, NT/DT, Notre Dame
  • #3- Brock Vereen, FS, Minnesota
  • #3B- CJ Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa

I'll tell you what, I will sign off on that first 4 picks right now. In a heartbeat.
Vereen doesn't have the hype & pub the other safeties have, but evaluate his film, and his measurements, speed and strength at the combine, as well as his football intelligence, and he may be better than some of the 2st & 2nd round safeties chosen before him.

Nix that low would be grand theft. He's a Raji clone, and Raji was the #9 overall pick.
And the two CJ's are perfect fits, and we always take guys with the J initials.
AJ Hawk. BJ Raji. CJ Wilson. DJ Smith. DJ Williams. Why not two more CJ's.

D

Deleted member 6794

Here´s what Thompson said about mock drafts during his media availability yesterday:

I know for a fact that they don’t have any inside information because for the most part, sometimes I’m the only inside information. And I’m not telling anybody.

I would suggest nobody should take any of them too seriously.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here´s what Thompson said about mock drafts during his media availability yesterday:

I know for a fact that they don’t have any inside information because for the most part, sometimes I’m the only inside information. And I’m not telling anybody.

I would suggest nobody should take any of them too seriously.
Exactly.

I commented to someone last week about them saying "the Packers like this or that guy".... I said, wow did someone hack into Teddy's Big Board on the internet?

There are no leaks.
And if there were anything to "come out", usually it's a smokescreen.

Anyway, Kiper and McShay made the picks they would make. Not guessing who each team would make.

I'd be delighted like a poodle with 2 peckers in a puppy brothel, to see us come away with both Mosley and Nix.
Plus get the safety Vereen, and tight end Fiedorowicz.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night on ESPN2, McShay & Kiper did a Mock, 3-rounds. They alternated between the 2 of them, and each CHOSE THE GUY THEY WOULD CHOSE for each TEAM THE PICKED FOR.
Not who they guess the team would take, but who THEY WOULD take for each particular team.

I'll tell you what, I will sign off on that first 4 picks right now. In a heartbeat.
Vereen doesn't have the hype & pub the other safeties have, but evaluate his film, and his measurements, speed and strength at the combine, as well as his football intelligence, and he may be better than some of the 2st & 2nd round safeties chosen before him.

Nix that low would be grand theft. He's a Raji clone, and Raji was the #9 overall pick.

That would be an incredible 4 rounds for the Packers, and sadly, I don't see it happening. Nix there at #53?? Don't know what those guys are thinking.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be an incredible 4 rounds for the Packers, and sadly, I don't see it happening. Nix there at #53?? Don't know what those guys are thinking.

What's so appealing about this Vereen guy?? Just the fact that his brother plays in the NFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

What's so appealing about this Vereen guy?? Just the fact that his brother plays in the NFL?

Vereen´s got good range, route recognition and is capable of making the calls in the secondary. Seems like a high character guy.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vereen´s got good range, route recognition and is capable of making the calls in the secondary. Seems like a high character guy.

I'd rather hear his weaknesses than his strengths. Burnett was considered a high character guy that could make the calls in the secondary and handle deep coverage, good range and athleticism. Sounds all to familiar but I don't know much about Vereen so I can't make a judgment call until I hear what he struggles with.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd rather hear his weaknesses than his strengths. Burnett was considered a high character guy that could make the calls in the secondary and handle deep coverage, good range and athleticism. Sounds all to familiar but I don't know much about Vereen so I can't make a judgment call until I hear what he struggles with.

He needs to improve playing against the run, has tiny hands (8 1/4 inches) and therefore isn´t a ball hawk.

H

HardRightEdge

I'd give that draft an A-. I put the minus on there only because the top two picks have injury issues. We won't do that well.

Members online

Latest posts