Excuses for tonights game...

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it, if the Packers lose tonight, the excuse makers will be out in full force.

Many have their excuses ready, especially the crowd from the old Chronicle forum, but for those who haven't made up their minds yet lets look at a few that can be used.

1. It's only the 1st pre-season game.

2. The defense is still learning Jim Bates' defensive schemes.

3. Linebacker injuries.

4. Brett Favre didn't play long.

5. Mike Sherman was confused and didn't know whether he was fired from his GM job or his HC job.

6. The San Diego Chargers cheated and left their 1st string in longer.

I hope this list helped but what would be better is, instead of people making excuses, it would be nice to see people grow up and face some reality.

Good Luck to the Packers in tonight's game and let's hope we see some plusses tonight.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why winning or losing in the FIRST preseason game is relevant. About a third of the players tonight won't be on the team by the begining of the season or will be third string.

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
I don't see why winning or losing in the FIRST preseason game is relevant. About a third of the players tonight won't be on the team by the begining of the season or will be third string.

Well I see you don't know sh#t about football.

But in any event, it will not stop them from making excuses.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan is right. The first half might tell you a little about the depth of your lineup, but, after that, it's all about finding those few guys you might like to keep on your practise squad.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from the inexpereinced players, completly new scheme and never really testing it against another team, pretty valid excuse.

How is it that blaming Sherman for everything is any different than any other excuse people make up?

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should all try something different for once. NO ONE reply to Steel Wheels. Look at the thread, shake your head and ignore it. Cool?

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Aside from the inexpereinced players, completly new scheme and never really testing it against another team, pretty valid excuse.

How is it that blaming Sherman for everything is any different than any other excuse people make up?

Ryan don't forget one thing...

When the Packers 1st string is in, it will be against the Chargers 1st string.

When the Packers 2nd string is in, it will be against the Chargers 2nd string.

When the Packers 3rd string is in, it will be against the Chargers 3rd string.

Neither team will have any advantage as far as that goes.

It is important for each string to do well because it is a test for depth. Depth is very important to a team who expects to do well during the season.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Ryan said:

It is important for each string to do well because it is a test for depth. Depth is very important to a team who expects to do well during the season.

Good call, I wasn't thinking that. It will judge where we are vs the other team and where we should be. Or MAYBE just MAYBE where the Chargers should be :p

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
vikefan said:

Well I see you don't know sh#t about football.

But in any event, it will not stop them from making excuses.
Your initial point was about excuses if the Pack LOSES tonight. If a third string cornerback intercepts a pass from a free agent QB and runs it in for the winning TD in the 4th quarter, that loss is not relevant to the teams overall abilities. Especially in the first preseason game.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Let's face it, if the Packers lose tonight, the excuse makers will be out in full force.

Many have their excuses ready, especially the crowd from the old Chronicle forum, but for those who haven't made up their minds yet lets look at a few that can be used.

3. Linebacker injuries.

5. Mike Sherman was confused and didn't know whether he was fired from his GM job or his HC job.

I hope this list helped but what would be better is, instead of people making excuses, it would be nice to see people grow up and face some reality.

Good Luck to the Packers in tonight's game and let's hope we see some plusses tonight.

No Steel Wheels, YOU FACE IT! If the Packers win the game tonight, you'll come up with excuses that MAY include but are not limited to:

1. It was just a preseason game. The schemes were vanilla on both sides and Sherman didn't have any difficult decisions to make.

2. The number ones didn't fare that well against SD for the two series that they get to play and SD would have wiped the field with them.

3. They may have got that one, but they still look like a 8-8 team, plus or minus one.

4. Sherman almost lost the game for them numerous times, but the players made the plays they needed to in spite of their coach's inability to coach.

5. The Packers cheated and left their 1st stringers in longer.

6. It's only the first preseason game.

Once again, Steel Wheels, if you want to jump off the Packers wagon, please do it. Your negativity (AND THAT'S WHAT IT IS) is getting real old and I know you get some sick charge out of it, but it is real irritating for some of the real Packer fans. Come out of the closet, take off your Packer windbreaker, and show the Culpepper jersey that you probably wear to bed every single night while your mom tucks you in with her big mug of beer all the while chanting, "Skoal Vikings!"

NO MATTER WHAT GB DOES IN TONIGHT'S PRE-SEASON GAME, I WILL LOVE THAT TEAM AS MUCH AND PROBABLY MORE THAN I DO RIGHT NOW!

GO PACKERS!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:

Whoa Down boy. :eek:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the preseason. You want to see the rookies play well, the new guys get a feel for their teammates and evaluate the bubble players. That is all. Really, that is all. :wall:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Ryan said:

Tell Barnett that he is a 3rd stringer.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:

3. Linebacker injuries.

Imagine that Steel, they won. What were you saying again?

Well I see you don't know **** about the Packers.

How's that crow tasting, Steel? :lol:

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

Latest posts