1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Exciting article about long snappers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Apr 30, 2008.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

May 31, 2005
    Okay, maybe it's not THAT exciting, but it's good to know that our GM is paying attention to the details. After the draft, he signed arguably the highest-rated long snapper coming out of college, and he will compete with a guy who was signed in January.

I was surprised how light these guys are (about 250 pounds). Much lighter than a typical center. I guess it's because they have to run downfield after the ball is punted.

Here's the article:

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Aug 1, 2005
    What I found interesting is how much they worked some of these kids in prep for the free agent signing after the draft.. kinda takes the thought of them throwing away that last pick in the 7th round right in the trash basket.

What a market after the draft.. if I am a player.. and I slide past say the 4th or 5th round.. I won't want to be drafted.. instead I wait instead an try to catch on with a team of my choosing..
  3. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Mar 23, 2008
    I never knew this part:

I always liked Davis and am glad he's staying with the team.