Exciting article about long snappers

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, maybe it's not THAT exciting, but it's good to know that our GM is paying attention to the details. After the draft, he signed arguably the highest-rated long snapper coming out of college, and he will compete with a guy who was signed in January.

I was surprised how light these guys are (about 250 pounds). Much lighter than a typical center. I guess it's because they have to run downfield after the ball is punted.

Here's the article:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=745278

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
What I found interesting is how much they worked some of these kids in prep for the free agent signing after the draft.. kinda takes the thought of them throwing away that last pick in the 7th round right in the trash basket.

What a market after the draft.. if I am a player.. and I slide past say the 4th or 5th round.. I won't want to be drafted.. instead I wait instead an try to catch on with a team of my choosing..

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never knew this part:

Green Bay needs a long snapper after coach Mike McCarthy decided to kick old pro Rob Davis upstairs into a full-time role as director of player programs. Davis had handled all snapping since mid-1997.
I always liked Davis and am glad he's staying with the team.

Staff online

Members online