Exactly why we hate the Vikings

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers shot themselves in the foot, even with all the injuries we just doomed ourselves by losing games we should have won like mia, wash, chicago, and Detroit.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it why anyone speculates on the playoffs at this time when there are still teams, such as the Packers, who still have a shot at getting in there.

I agree with narmer that it seems as if the author is bitter about the Pack and wrote the whole thing just to diss the Pack.
If your a fan of a team then why get all excited about other teams getting to the playoffs when your team is in the celler?
Forget the Vikes and their fans.
Did ya stick a fork in them?
Are they done?
Yes?
Good good good.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers shot themselves in the foot, even with all the injuries we just doomed ourselves by losing games we should have won like mia, wash, chicago, and Detroit.
That's right. Once, like New England lost at Cleveland, that's acceptable. But 3, 4 losses like those above, that's a pattern.

We could have gone 16-0 with more mental toughness.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I consider it completely natural for two division rivals to hate each other. It's expected. If we were all buddy buddy, touchy, kissy with the Vikings fans I would wonder what kind of parallel universe I stumbled into.

I'm sure they don't like us any better than we like them anyway. It's mutual.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just one guy's opinion. You don't hate the Vikings because of this-you hate the Vikings because for the past couple of decades we were kicking your butt. Grow up.

Thanks for the insight. The purple's 0 for 50 is a mark to envy.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's right. Once, like New England lost at Cleveland, that's acceptable. But 3, 4 losses like those above, that's a pattern.

We could have gone 16-0 with more mental toughness.

Frank, get real. We could have lost to the Eagles , Lions at home, Vikings at home, and the Jets and just as easily be 4 and 9 at this point. We've won 3 games by a total of 15 points and lost 5 games by a total of 16 points. If we win 3 of the 5 we lost and lost 1 of the 3 we won we'd be 10 and 3 at this point. I think that's reasonable, and I won't argue with the mental toughness idea.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read the column and afterwards solidified my despise for the Vikings and the people that write about them. I suppose they are still bitter after the two wins by GB this year.

NFL Playoff Picture: So, How Do Things Look Without The Vikings? - Daily Norseman

This is the same guy that comes to one of my sites and bad mouths me personally. I usually just delete what he says because it's so personal, but last night and today. I decided to "go there" with him.. just to give him a taste.

I hate to stoop to his low rent level, but enough is enough. He's borderline psycho.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just one guy's opinion. You don't hate the Vikings because of this-you hate the Vikings because for the past couple of decades we were kicking your butt. Grow up.

Two thoughts:
YOU want US to grow up? Perhaps when you wusses quit playing in a dome instead of outdoors like God intended.

What do purple people taste like?

*oh, when your team moves to L.A., I'll chip in for a U-Haul to move your SB trophies*

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two thoughts:
YOU want US to grow up? Perhaps when you wusses quit playing in a dome instead of outdoors like God intended.

What do purple people taste like?

*oh, when your team moves to L.A., I'll chip in for a U-Haul to move your SB trophies*
That's a good one.
Cause you won't have to spend one dime for that U-Haul!
Ha ha! LOL

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Thanks for visiting our forum. So for the last couple of decades you were kicking our butt. I used the last 20 years to represent a couple of decades.

Final score:
Packers won 21
Vikings won 19

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Just read the column and afterwards solidified my despise for the Vikings and the people that write about them. I suppose they are still bitter after the two wins by GB this year.

NFL Playoff Picture: So, How Do Things Look Without The Vikings? - Daily Norseman
Ok, so how is he "dissing" the Pack as other have put it? What did he say that is wrong? Oh, I know, that the Packers are the 10th seed right now and need help to even make the playoffs "if" they can win their last 3 games. Sorry, if telling the truth is being bitter then than Packer fans have a lot to learn.

I don't know one Viking fan that's bitter about losing two games to the Packers this year. Packer fans put more stock into the Vikings-Packers games than Viking fans do. I know a lot that are bitter about being 5-8 and having a coach that sucked and washed up QB playing for them.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know one Viking fan that's bitter about losing two games to the Packers this year. Packer fans put more stock into the Vikings-Packers games than Viking fans do. I know a lot that are bitter about being 5-8 and having a coach that sucked and washed up QB playing for them.

You can say with a straight face that you don't know a single Viking fan that's bitter about losing two games to the Packers this year? What, you never leave your house? That is streching the truth to the 10th degee.
Try this:Why Packer fans (secretly) hate Viking fans (a lot) | StarTribune.com

That is a teaser headline by the writer. In the story he talks about when the Packers lose their fans take it with grace,, but when the Vikings lose to the Packers, the Viking fans yell and scream untill they lose their voice.

OP
OP
N

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live close to the MN border and it never fails when you go somewhere wearing a hat with the GB logo you always get a comment or two...jealousy is my response

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
What did he say that was wrong...how about saying we hate the Vikings because they kicked our butts the last couple of decades. Wrong! I posted the W-L record for the last 20 years. Green Bay 21-19 edge,

Pro-Football-Reference.com - Pro Football Statistics and History

*referring to PurplePeopleeater*
Don't confuse what the writer of the article said with what some poster on this site said. I ask you again, what did the writer of the article that started this thread say that was wrong?

And I counted it as 22-21 including playoff games. Here's a link to what some Viking fans really think of the Packers. (Note that one of the people who voted for option #1 PM'ed me and told me he click on the wrong one.)

Vikings Message Board.Com - View topic - Would you rather..part 2-Beat the Packers or win Super Bowl

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And I counted it as 22-21 including playoff games.

But the main point is purplepeople claimed couple decades Vikings kicking our butts..

If its 21-20 22-21 20-19, Pack have the winning record and that is NOT kicking our butts

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It feels pretty good to know that the packers will never have to worry about being moved.

Ivo, didn't Harlan threaten to disband the team if the stadium referendum wasn't passed?

It seems no city or team is immune from the blackmail by the team owners, even when the team owners are us.

I have to admit, the renovation at Lambeau is terrific; I just don't like the blackmail aspect of funding. The NFL makes plenty of money that they can afford to build their own stadiums.

Members online

Latest posts