EXACTLY WHERE WERE YOU.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a question that I would love to hear the answer from each of you.

Especially the non-regular posters that read this forum and do not post. Go ahead, make your first post, it is easy.

QUESTION?

Where were you exactly when you first heard that Brett had retired, and what went through your mind at that exact moment?

I had just left a speaking engagement for Exit Realty Metroquest in Pembroke Pines Florida. I got in my car turned on the car radio and jumped into the middle of The exact wrong part of a Sports Station conversation.

All I heard was.... "Brett WAS one of the best who played the game. Brett WAS like a child having fun, and will go down as one of the best. Brett will be remembered for.... Was? Will be remembered for?

I just about shat myself. Honestly, for about 20 seconds I thought he had died in an accident. Just the way they were saying "WAS" And... "Will be remembered for." I freaked.

It was not the best 20 seconds of my life.

R.P.

ftwuno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was at work , writing code for a vb project that requires some heavy math calculations, i thought .....

the sun will come up tomorrow, same as any other day.

thanks Brett, it was a fun ride!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was getting ready to work. I had to pray before going to work that nobody would **** me off on the way to work while driving because I didn't take Favre's retirement well at all. I was convinced he would play one more year.

I'm still in a lousy mood.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just woke up, turned on puter, home page set to bretts message board and saw it there..Had to turn on espn real fast

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
I didn't take Favre's retirement well at all. I was convinced he would play one more year.quote]

Same, but I'm not in a lousy mood anymore, still its tough to see him go.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
got in from work this moring and saw in on a cable sports network wire. Since this cable network has been wrong before I still held out hope it was false. I was 90 % sure he'd be back

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was at work and checked NFL news while on a conference call. kinda stopped listening to the call. Initial reaction was OMG I knew it was coming (thats why I bought his Rookie Card about a month ago)! Then I heard the Moss rumor and got pissed off. Then I finally got home and was able to enthrall myself into the articles and happenings here. Now its just another event in Packer-land. Looking on to A-Rod and the draft.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at home. I had just gotten up. After checking PFT, as usual, my second click was to PACKERFORUM.com. I was posting a post on some no name TE the Packers are/were bringing in today, and boom there was the Favre post when the screen refreshed. All I could say was ... oh no. Then I had to leave. It was horrible.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at work. I had a really busy morning and finally sat down to eat lunch. So I came HERE and saw one of the threads.

My first thought was NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I was just walking into work and a co-worker hit me before I could get to the office.. first thought, "Why now?"

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My phone beeped with a text message from a friend, "Favre's done". I flipped on NFLN and there was the scroll. My reaction was shock. I was sure he'd be back.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a computer class and decided to do a fast espn check after my work was done, I saw a big picture of Brett waving with his back turned, the crap in my pants was settling at this point, I scrolled down and my eyes began to water.

Thanks for everything Brett.

NormaL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was at work when a bears fan came up to me and said sorry about your boy. He told me Brett Favre retired and I just figured he was messin with me, until other guys came up later to tell me the same thing. I still didn't believe it until I turned on AM 620 on the ride home to hear it confirmed.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at work checking my E-mail and noticed one from PF.com that stated in the subject "Brett Faver will retire." Just like driving by a scene of an accident I didn't want to look but I had to. The rest of the day was shot. I almost went home sick but stuck around. The next few hours I recieved at least 10 calls telling me how sorry they were to hear Favre retired. It was like a loved one just died and people were sending me their condolences.(sp?) I didn't accomplish anything the rest of the day. Probably wont the rest of the week either.

Damn!

NormaL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recieved at least 10 calls telling me how sorry they were to hear Favre retired. It was like a loved one just died and people were sending me their condolences.(sp?)

Yeah, no doubt. I got home from work to find my wife sitting at the computer with Packers.com pulled up. She told me she had tried to call me all day at work to tell me the news and that our phone had rang off the hook from friends and family.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on my way to work, I heard it on the radio. I was praying it was false, but then it sunk in. It was a very sad day for me. But then I thought of Bretts family getting to finally spend some quality time with him, then I didnt feel so bad.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at school in computer class. Saw the news, and my heart sank and I was in shock. I don't know what to think. Favre played for 17 seasons. He was the reason I became a packer fan. Never seen any other quarterback at Green Bay my whole entire life ( im 16). I'm really really bumed :(.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I woke up, rolled over in bed, grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. The tv was on ESPN News, and in a little box in the lower right hand corner it said "Favre Retires". I turned the tv off and rolled back over.

My first thought was, "I don't want to get out of bed today".

My second thought was, "I better set my phone to vibrate, otherwise it's going to ring all day".

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was sitting here in my chair getting ready for bed(I work nights) when I seen the "favre to retire" thread. I thought it was that thread from last week when the packers.com website 'jumped the gun' and I entered it ready to lay some sarcastic smackdown on some people, but what I got was a wave of reality. I went to foxsports.com, seen it was Jay Glazer reporting it, who is VERY reliable, and...just accepted it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sitting in the cafeteria at seminary, and i got a text from my dad which read, simply, "Favre retired". Without any thought or hesitation, I loudly exhaled, "shiiiiiiiiit" much to the amusement of friends, strangers, seminary visitors, pastors, and professors..... I don't care who you are or what your job is, sometimes, "****" is the only appropriate response.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at work and heard someone outside our office saying something about Brett retiring. I didnt think it was true at first. I couldnt watch TV all the day. I didnt think this was official. This is going to take some time to sink in. It will next fall. I hoped for one more year.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at home leaving for school, brett favre tee shirt on, turned on the TV quick-quick and there it past like a glimpse on TSN's ticker. considered switching shirts...almost slapped myself upside the head for even thinking it.
grabbed my coat, my bag, headed to school knowing i got the chance to witness and live history as it happened. got a few condolences but aside for that it was a great run with favre and a good day for me.

Members online

Latest posts