Ex-Viking Fan

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the opposite kind of jerk you guys are used to on this forum. Many Packer fans are now Viking fans. I jumped ship from the Vikes after they took Brett. I know it looks the same as the Packer fans that leave the Packers for one man, but I feel like Childress, the team, and the city traded their souls to sell tickets. How'd that work out for the Jets? $125,000. No offense to the Favre fans, he's a good QB, could have been really great had he been more coachable, 4 SB's. But (I know this is not rational) he belonged to the Packers. And even though no one wants to believe this, he CHOSE to retire because he did not want to play at GB anymore. I did not watch the Vikings play for a hundred years just to see them go to the SB led by GB's QB. Anyways, that's my dirty little secret. The only reason I brought this whole thing up is to explain how I got to be a Packer fan. Funny thing, after one year, it's already more exciting. Vikes/GB will be tied after week 8. Pack will be wildcard or Div. champ. Nov 1 is my SB. Go Pack!!!!!:viksux:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the opposite kind of jerk you guys are used to on this forum. Many Packer fans are now Viking fans. I jumped ship from the Vikes after they took Brett. I know it looks the same as the Packer fans that leave the Packers for one man, but I feel like Childress, the team, and the city traded their souls to sell tickets. How'd that work out for the Jets? $125,000. No offense to the Favre fans, he's a good QB, could have been really great had he been more coachable, 4 SB's. But (I know this is not rational) he belonged to the Packers. And even though no one wants to believe this, he CHOSE to retire because he did not want to play at GB anymore. I did not watch the Vikings play for a hundred years just to see them go to the SB led by GB's QB. Anyways, that's my dirty little secret. The only reason I brought this whole thing up is to explain how I got to be a Packer fan. Funny thing, after one year, it's already more exciting. Vikes/GB will be tied after week 8. Pack will be wildcard or Div. champ. Nov 1 is my SB. Go Pack!!!!!:viksux:
Ha , oh the Vikings ship is sinking without you. Please come back as I cannot bare it without you. Keep talking smack skippy as you sound like a waffler that is trying to be liked by somebody. Fact is he wanted to comeback to GB and they didn't want him so he chose the vikings to stick it in your ear. Since you are such a loyal fan and all:jester: Do you have your homework done jr. ?:happy0005: What grade are you in anyway? I am guessing you are 15 and you don't have a girlfriend am I right?

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and the first time he waffled last year after the tearful "I know I can still play football, I just don't want to", they were willing to take him back starting job and all. So am I to understand that after he said "no" the first time that you would have taken Favre for one more year rather than hang onto Rodgers? He would have no choice but to go elsewhere. Or are you the one who taught your kid to cuss at Aaron and give him the finger? Whoops, just saw you were a Viking Favre follower.

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Robdog. And keep the faith, I can hardly wait for game 8!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I know a lot of vikings fans that are just disgusted with Favre playing for them, but to actually change teams???

Well, anyway, welcome to the winner part of the MidWest!

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, I can't believe I feel so strongly about the whole thing. I would have taken Aaron in a second.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I know a lot of vikings fans that are just disgusted with Favre playing for them, but to actually change teams???

Well, anyway, welcome to the winner part of the MidWest!
yeah that 6-10 record from last year is convincing all to come over to the pack side of the Division. You are right though all of us viking fans are digusted with watching a HOF qb guide our high powered offense and being 6-0. We all hate that.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and the first time he waffled last year after the tearful "I know I can still play football, I just don't want to", they were willing to take him back starting job and all. So am I to understand that after he said "no" the first time that you would have taken Favre for one more year rather than hang onto Rodgers? He would have no choice but to go elsewhere. Or are you the one who taught your kid to cuss at Aaron and give him the finger? Whoops, just saw you were a Viking Favre follower.
No that was me cussing at rodgers and giving him the finger

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You gotta admit, it's gonna be fun. At GB got a QB for more than one year, and they will be playing in Wis, not California like the Vikes.

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah that 6-10 record from last year is convincing all to come over to the pack side of the Division. You are right though all of us viking fans are digusted with watching a HOF qb guide our high powered offense and being 6-0. We all hate that.

Skol, have some dignity. Had to go get that HOF QB from GB. Any halfway good QB could have taken the Vikes to the playoffs. In the long run, Favre is going to hurt the team when he starts trying to flip the ball around for no good reason. There is a reason that GB has only won one SB in 17 years and you are soon going to see what that reason is. He will break your heart in the end.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skol, have some dignity. Had to go get that HOF QB from GB. Any halfway good QB could have taken the Vikes to the playoffs. In the long run, Favre is going to hurt the team when he starts trying to flip the ball around for no good reason. There is a reason that GB has only won one SB in 17 years and you are soon going to see what that reason is. He will break your heart in the end.
Putting it all on Favre is a bit too much, IMHO. Yes, he had some blame, with those ints. But that fase of his only came in the ealry century, if I'm not mistakes. When Holmgren was the HC, Favre was arguably the best QB in the league.

Man, looking back, if there weren't for some aspects, had White been 2 years younger, had Holmgren stayed longer, we could've been a dynasty again... Well, **** happens. Gotta look forward, not backwards...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You gotta admit, it's gonna be fun. At GB got a QB for more than one year, and they will be playing in Wis, not California like the Vikes.
All you guys get flusterd and bring up the La talk. It won't happen plans are under way right now. They couldn't push it through because of the new twins ballpark and the new gopher stadium but will get something done.

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting it all on Favre is a bit too much, IMHO. Yes, he had some blame, with those ints. But that fase of his only came in the ealry century, if I'm not mistakes. When Holmgren was the HC, Favre was arguably the best QB in the league.

Man, looking back, if there weren't for some aspects, had White been 2 years younger, had Holmgren stayed longer, we could've been a dynasty again... Well, **** happens. Gotta look forward, not backwards...

Holmgren was definately the only reason Favre was as good as he was. I remember them yelling at each other on the sidelines. No one was ever able to coach him since. He ran GB team after that and he ran the Jets, that's why I'm so surprised to see him playing the way he is in Mn. It's one of the reasons I resent him being so intent on taking GB down. Granted, it's different mgmt, but as much as GB owes him, he owes GB. If GB hadn't taken him, he could be selling hotdogs at the stadium. However, if he had had someone who could handle him, he could have taken GB to 4 SB's.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dignity? oh you guys are looking up at us but i am suppose to agree with you? PackerRS talks sense and you not so much. I am not counting the packers out but even though the vikings have a commanding lead and you are counting us out? Ok we gotcha

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holmgren was definately the only reason Favre was as good as he was. I remember them yelling at each other on the sidelines. No one was ever able to coach him since. He ran GB team after that and he ran the Jets, that's why I'm so surprised to see him playing the way he is in Mn. It's one of the reasons I resent him being so intent on taking GB down. Granted, it's different mgmt, but as much as GB owes him, he owes GB. If GB hadn't taken him, he could be selling hotdogs at the stadium. However, if he had had someone who could handle him, he could have taken GB to 4 SB's.
HOF QB selling hot dogs at the game? Stop! your killing me with your ignorance:jester: where did you find this clown packer nation?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
HOF QB selling hot dogs at the game? Stop! your killing me with your ignorance:jester: where did you find this clown packer nation?

So your saying Brett would have been a HOF q/b if he wasnt traded to GB?

You are aware he was 3rd string in Atlanta, would miss team photos and party all night long?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's right. Kind of. It's not that Holmgren or Wolf made him, but chances are he wouldn't be a football player had Wolf not traded for him, and had not Holmgren coached him up. He wasn't being utilized in Atlanta, and was bound to be a backup.

Now, things aren't just black on white, that's why I said CHANCES ARE. He could've still learned the game by himself, he surely had the talent. But he didn't have the attitude.

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dignity? oh you guys are looking up at us but i am suppose to agree with you? PackerRS talks sense and you not so much. I am not counting the packers out but even though the vikings have a commanding lead and you are counting us out? Ok we gotcha

Only saying you will get knocked out in the playoffs as always.

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's right. Kind of. It's not that Holmgren or Wolf made him, but chances are he wouldn't be a football player had Wolf not traded for him, and had not Holmgren coached him up. He wasn't being utilized in Atlanta, and was bound to be a backup.

Now, things aren't just black on white, that's why I said CHANCES ARE. He could've still learned the game by himself, he surely had the talent. But he didn't have the attitude.

That's exactly what I was trying to say. He had the arm and the talent, but his attitude sucked.

Members online

Latest posts