Everyone needs to take a chill pill.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't the end of the world. The Packers have moved on. They did not push Favre out the door. He retired.

And Favre isn't the devil that everyone is making him out to be. So he changed his mind. OMG lets tar and feather him! Come on people. Again, you're being irrational.

He will most likely be traded to a non NFC North team.

So......what exactly did Brett do wrong? What did the Packers do wrong? Brett was trying to do what he thought was best for him, and Ted Thompson did what he thought was best for the Packers.

Life goes on.

I like turtles.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
quit it with all your sense making and logic...and rational.
I KNOW!!!
How can we fight when stuff like THAT is said???? :lol:

But you know what???
Some people never let the FACTS get in the way of a good argument!!! :wink:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate turtles! But I like what you said.

I have said before why blame anybody here? I do believe that Brett made a big mistake stepping out with a decision before he was ready but that's no reason to blame him for changing his mind.

The Packers have been dealing with a "possible" retirement of Brett going on three years now, retooled the team, and made themselves ready for the inevitable.

What I do see around here, unfortunately, are some that will act like the IronMans folks and stay pissed for years. I say it's your choice bro have at it.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't the end of the world. The Packers have moved on. They did not push Favre out the door. He retired.

And Favre isn't the devil that everyone is making him out to be. So he changed his mind. OMG lets tar and feather him! Come on people. Again, you're being irrational.

He changed his mind, asked the Packers if he could return; they said no, so he sent a letter asking to be reinstated. Now he will most likely be traded to a non NFC North team.

So......what exactly did Brett do wrong? What did the Packers do wrong? Brett was trying to do what he thought was best for him, and Ted Thompson did what he thought was best for the Packers.

Life goes on.

I like turtles.

NICE POST!

But I also have an issue with all your rational and sobering thoughts You shouldn't do that, its not cool...

I'm in the same boat. I don't get what the issue is. So many people wanted Rodgers as the QB over Favre, you got what you wanted. Now your mad that Favre wants to play for another team. I really don't get it. It's like when you break up with a girl but you don't want her dating anyone else. PLUS he gave it all he had for so many years, you had ONE losing season, your SPOILED!

I don't get the issue on the other side either. It's TT's team, he made the decision, we're Packers fans at the end of the day. You don't have to agree with him but giving up on the Packers because of this, that makes you a Favre fan, not a Packers fan. So lets move on!

End of the day, Go Packers but I'm still supporting Favre as long as he doesn't play the Packers.

Life goes on

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He changed his mind, asked the Packers if he could return; they said no, so he sent a letter asking to be reinstated. Now he will most likely be traded to a non NFC North team.

Life goes on.

I like turtles.

Thank you for your sentiments Ironman. Guess everyone must move on. So must the fans.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every once in a while something happens to send this forum into a fury. Last season it was the losses to Dallas and New York. This season, like the previous 3 offseasons, it's Favre.

I said it after the loss to Dallas, and I'll say it again;

The only reason to be this upset about something is if it cause the Packers to cease to exist. The Packers will still be a team after this whole thing settles, so I honestly don't care anymore how this thing turns out. I've argued my fair share about people needing to let the team move on with Rodgers (not because I prefer Rodgers over Favre, but because thats what they've been preparing for), but the arguing is getting nowhere, so it's getting pointless. Both sides have good points, and both sides have bad points. I'm a Packers fan. I loved the Packers before Favre was there, I loved the Packers with Favre and I'll love the Packers without Favre.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Packers fan. I loved the Packers before Favre was there, I loved the Packers with Favre and I'll love the Packers without Favre.
Yup Nathaniel.....same way i feel.
I appreciate everything Favre brought to us. I love the guy.

I will be a Packer fan as long as i am on the right side of the grass.