1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ever been mistreated at an away game?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by JoshTheChild, Jan 16, 2008.

1. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been to 3 packers away games, 2 in chicago and 1 in houston against the texans

chicago fans sort of took it easy on me, i guess because I was real little, but texans fans sort of gave me crap. There were packers fans all over reliant stadium, but non on my row and I happened to be seated by 3 drunks that wouldn't stop touching me and name calling. that game winning field goal felt great though, the texans are my 2nd favorite nfl team, but the way those jerks treated me that night I forgot that lol. so ya I would love to hear your experiences at away games!

I have the guts to cheer for the packers anywhere except maybe oakland

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Went to a pre season game a few years back at the old mile high. The fans out there, even during a pre season game, were not too classy. The Pack ended up losing, Favre didn't even play, it wasn't much of a game as I recall. It wasn't a blow out but by no means a show of power by either team.

3. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ya preseason is hard to get into

4. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Every time I go to a Montana vs Montana State game in Bozeman, I'm mistreated. Of course the same goes when they come to Missoula.

The problem in Montana is because of our license plate numbering, people can tell where you are from. The first one or two digits are the county/city the car is registered in, so, if it's a 6 on the plate it's Bozeman, and a 4 is Missoula.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    my brother and I were given free tix to the Bears/Vikings Monday Night Game this season. Lest anyone think we rooted for either of those teams, we donned full Packer gear and braved the throng of misguided NFL fans. Vikings fans and Bears fans alike verbally abused us all night. I can dish out the trash, and I love doing it, but these guys made me nervous. I couldn't understand why they felt the need to focus on Packer fans at the moment. apparently they had no idea that there respective teams were playing each other that evening.

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good grief Bozz!! Talk about a death wish. I thought I did some stupid things in enemy territory, but yours' is a classic. AND...two teams in our division too boot. Glad you made it out alive.

7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    ^^^^pure balls.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    They don't call me "Balls-Out Anderson" for nothing!

9. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I went to the Packers/Rams game in St Loius in 2003, and the fans were great. Especially all the Packers fans. It was about 60/40 Rams/Packers fans.

10. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol ya the packers fans took over the rams stadium this year too

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The only away game i have ever been to was at Texas stadium in the 95 NFC championship game. Surprisingly, it wasn't bad fan wise. When we were walking in, some Cowboy fans had pennants on the ground of Favre and Reggie White, and were asking their fans to step on them. I got down on my hands and knees and pretended to kiss the pennants. I got alot of them laughing, and they took it all in fun.

12. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good one Cheesey, leave it to you to disarm the enemy.

13. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Huge NYY fan and was at Fenway in my NYY jersey.........Surprisingly the fans were pretty good that day(1985). Mattingly went off on the Sox that day. They were pitching him away and he hit 3 doubles off the Monster and made one of the greatest plays I've ever seen at 1B. The Sox fans were actually in awe of him. They said the last hitter they saw that Mattingly reminded them of was Ted Williams. They are very knowledgeable fans even though I cant stand that team.

14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i hate knowledgeable opposing fans way more than the idiots... present company excluded.

15. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    LOL....I havent found many other knowledgeable opposing fans.....eg: Dallas & the Eagles.

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! Yeah....i had Dallas fans laughing! How often do you see THAT happen?

17. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I walked through the Viking tailgating at the Metrodome and got stuffed in the dumpster. I found out later they were just inviting me into their home.LOL

18. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! GOOD one! :wink: