Even in defeat, there’s a winner!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Dec. 05, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chris Havel

Even in defeat, there’s a winner:

Rivarly is reborn

CHICAGO — By word and by deed, the Green Bay Packers managed to do the impossible on Sunday at Soldier Field. No, they didn’t defeat the Chicago Bears, but they may have upset them all the same.

If the Packers’ most recent dismal defeat accomplished anything, it could be that it stirred interest in what appeared to be an otherwise pedestrian Christmas Day rematch.

William Henderson’s unflattering postgame comments, and the Packers’ general reluctance to bow to the Monsters of the Midway, might be exactly what this rivalry needed. The petulant Packers matched the defense-oriented Bears blow-for-blow in a hard-hitting, 19-7 loss.

Afterward, the Packers begrudgingly paid the devils their due, but they didn’t go out of their way to throw the Bears any bouquets.

“I’m not giving credit to (the Bears’) defense,â€

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will go with the "we've shot ourselves in the foot" comment. We never did manage to make it up after that turnover and some poor penalties did not help much either. Seeing the game was this close with all the injuries and the above mistakes, I think the Bears should consider themselves fortunate. They deserved the win however and my hat is off to them.

Members online