1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

European update: What's going on?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by GakkofNorway, Jun 9, 2006.

1. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    bavpb

Noooo! Not penalties, pleeeeeze! You know we English can't cope with penalty shoot-outs! :eek:wned:

Did you know that the England coaches have had the players practising penalties already? Still doesn't fill me with confidence! :shrug:

Chris

2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Penalties!

Here's a penalty!!!

This guy should be shot!!!
    [​IMG]

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LMAO.

lol I'll let arrow call this one (whether it is appropriate for Atrium, and the caption! )

4. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Got to be holding!

Offensive holding :penflag:

Chris

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    you're unreal go back to consistent mod school!! :p

6. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    it's fine dude...i think those guys play for the same team though. :lol:

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    yuck

sick

gross

poohey!!

(no offense Ryan, i jus think thats the wrong toys to play with)

8. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ronaldo sets all time scoring record (in world cup play) with a goal in yesterdays 3-0 win over Ghana

9. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you know, that the swiss team also had extra practices for penalties the day before they played against Ukraine? Outcome: 3 penalties 0 goals!! :roll:

Back to the team from the island......Imo you played like Germany used to play for many years. Unattractive, kicking from the left side to the right side of the field, boring........but: you've won!!! Effectivity is trump! Allthough it is more fun to watch the games played by Ivory Coast, Spain, Ghana etc. because of their young and fresh style of offensively-minded soccer, look where they all are.....back home.
    Teams like England, Brasil, Italy or the retirement home team of France are still in because of their effectiveness, not because of their fun-to-watch-play.
    Our team plays a similar style of fun-and-offensive-football now after a long time of boring-but-effective-football and I hope it will work and be effective as well. On the other hand, if we play it like we did in our first four games and get kicked out of the tournament by Argentina, I think we all will be fine with that.
    To reach the Quarterfinals was doing our bit, the rest is encore and fun.
    As I said before: See you in the "semies" (You are the guy from Portugal, aren't you, Christo?? :wink: :wink:).
    Have fun!

10. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bavpb!

Interestingly enough, the QF is the first England game this World Cup that I won't be able to watch (otherwise engaged :( ) So my prediction - England will win 4-0 with some wonderful attacking football! :lol: Then as soon as I get back we revert to our effective struggles :wink:

The good news is that, thinking back over recent history, England are overdue to beat Portugal, Brazil and Germany ... surely that has to count for something? :wink:

I'm with you - I think once our teams get this far, anything further is a bonus! Still waiting for England to " click" though.

(Bring in Carrick for Lampard, Crouch and Rooney upfront, then "go for it"!)

Here's to a good "bonus" for both our teams.

Christo(pher) :)

11. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bavpb

Great win against Argentina - congratulations!

Bet the celebrations are something special - imagine if you the whole thing! :joy: :joy:

I thought Germany deserved the win more - played more attacking football throughout. Are we still OK to meet in the Final (Portugal and Brazil/France permitting!)? :wink:

Congrats again!

Chris

12. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Chris,

I would have been, for sure, but your penal..... okay okay I'll shut up.

See you in the finals of the EURO 2008!?? :wink: (I'm really sorry for your team, but am also very happy about ours and look forward to the Italy-game on tuesday.)

13. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, my friend!

Sure - it's a date for Euro 2008! You will have noticed, I am sure, that the only England player to score a penalty plays in Germany! And in Bavaria at that!! :)

I'm really liking Germany's chances now - but of course, I will not formally pull for you, coz you've seen what happens to the teams I support :wink:

Sorry not to be joining you in the Final - sure hope Germany goes all the way!!

Chris

PS lots of England fans on the BBC website now saying they are supporting Germany because of the wonderful welcome they have received during the tournament :D

14. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you again, but we have to beat Italy first. We never beat them at a worldcup and the desastrous outcome of our last meeting was, as you know for sure, a beshaming loss of 1 : 4. So let's wait and see.

As for Owen Hargreaves: Imo he was the most convincing english player throughout the whole tournament. Felix Magath and the FC Bayern München know what they have in him, but it will create some problems for Felix to bench him as often as he did last season.

The number of our teams worldwide fans is increasing from day to day. Many say, its not only for the german team but also for the german people. Maybe this time we have made a good job as well on the field as also off the field. I really hope, we can continue either.

I think, the english people and teams were, are and will allways be welcome to Germany. It is allways fun to play an old rival team and then go to the penal....okay okay, I'll shut up. (Wait until tuesday night and I will be crying. :cry: :wink: )

The biggest problem for the last years were the british (and duch and nowadays the polish) hooligans (I know, we have more than enough of those idiots for our own!!! :evil: ), but I must give compliments to the organisation team to nip that problem in the bud. That makes it easier to party.

Harald

15. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  16. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Bav, you guys were OH SOO CLOSE!

Tough luck buddy. You guys made it MUCH further than I thought you would without Khan.

Look at it this way, you made it further than Canada... which isn't really saying much since Canada didn't even qualify. :-?

17. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :) :) :D :D :lol: :lol: 8)

18. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    *Captin Jack Sparrow's voice*

I want you to know I was rooting for you mate... remember that.

:)

19. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I think, that we will have to play against Portugal for the third place, I whish all the luck for Italy (even if they break tie and pass us by with their fourth championship) I..TA..LI..A!! I..TA..LI..A!! I..TA..LI..A!!

On the other hand, if we have to play France on Saturday, I hope that Portugal wins the title. First of all because they never, really never (worldcups and EURO-cups) have won any championship and second to keep the tie with Italy. :wink: :wink:

I hope we (our team and the people) are able to recover from that shock and show a great game on Saturday (the team) and have a great party on Saturday and on Sunday (the people).

Btw, nobody, at least nobody besides Klinsi had thought, we would come that far. I hope, he stays as our coach and won't coach the US-team next. :wink: 8)

20. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Thanx to all who kept their fingers crossed for our team.

I hope, no I think, we didn't disappoint on and off the playground throughout the whole tournament.
    We wanted to play seven games and we'll play seven games. Next time we should clarify our aim a little more precise. Seven games AND the title. :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: 8)

21. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i wanted germany to win to

22. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    You do know that Tom Brady has some German ancestry, right? :p

23. thetombradyhater