1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

European update: What's going on?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by GakkofNorway, Jun 9, 2006.

1. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yep, the second red card wasn't fair, but the US should have had one earlier anyway that they didn't got. The result was all in all pretty fair though.

2. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The announcer was spazzing out saying that this might be the last World Cup game for the ref. A tie for the US isn't bad.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's true, anything but a win for Italy was going to be an "upset" of sorts. USA isn't a bad team, unfortunatly they couldn't close out the Czech in that game. Italy blew a big chance with Czech loosing, but the group is wide open. I'm now rooting for Ghana! :D

IMO, Kellar made an amazing save on Del Piero. Superb. :)

4. JeezusJuice

JeezusJuice Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why are you rooting for Ghana if the U.S. is still in it?

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I don't really care, because I have no favourite team I want to win. I just wanted USA to win that, and I like Ghana because they are the underdogs. I don't care who wins I just want to see some fun matches! :D

6. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the US chances are virtually ZERO.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  8. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    no if US beats Ghana and Italy beats czech were in

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Italy got a lot of key-players out, and the Czech already had a better team than them, also Ghana has a great team with bigger profiles that have been playing better than American, I count them as zero.

10. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here today, Ghana tomorrow.

Here a French Fan actually brought the live symbol of France to the match with South Korea.

[​IMG]

11. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    And maybe you don't care if the US wins because acording to the members map you live in Canada.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    The map is not the only source of evidence he lives in Canada, read his posts :p

13. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's beyond me how he got that through security, it's not supposed to happen.

14. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Not what you know, it's who you know.

15. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trememdous improvement in the US performance v Italy - looked like a different team! Tough that you couldn't manage a win :(

Sure the chances of qualifying now are slim - but stranger things have happened! [Just not many, that's all :wink: ] Take the recent US Open golf as an example!

I'm ready to settle down this evening and watch England as they attempt to avoid playing Germany in the next round :lol: Hope you have a good game too, bavpb!

Chris

16. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Any Eagles out there??

Chris

17. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Germany looked good today. Ecuador did not have the talent to compete. Germany should be in the final four.

Sweden came very close to winning the match against the Brits with some nice corner plays. Well really either could have won. A rematch would be very interesting to see who wins the draw.

18. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cheez!

Yep, England were truly awful tonight against corners. And how on earth did we allow the second Swedish goal? :eek:mg: General play was much better - but can't afford to give opponents opportunities like that. A bit fortunate to get a draw.

The other worry was injuries to Owen and Ferdinand - Michael Owen's looked particularly bad ...

But hey - we avoided the Germans in the next round :lol:

Chris

19. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here, avoided the Brits. :lol: :lol:
    Now we hope for Saturday to beat Sweden, but then.....Argentina or the Netherlands, outch and good by??

I hope Michael Owen's injury isn't that bad as it looked (ligament?). I think he's out for the tournament, but hopefully can recover soon. Very sad for him to be forced out of the tournament this way.

20. ChrisC

ChrisC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, bavpb

Congratulations on Germany's success - well deserved!

Sadly Michael Owen's injury is a ruptured ACL - familiar in the NFL - and he will be out for "several months". :cry: Only just got back from a broken foot too - I believe he had only started 10 games this season before the World Cup.

I had to laugh at the TV coverage over here in the UK. An interviewer before the latest game asked fans who they would rather face in the next round: and many of them said - with seeming confidence - "Germany!"

I have to tell you that they were lying!! We in England will be very pleased not to have to play against Germany any time soon :joy:

By the way - I think you are a little too pessimistic about your chances! I think Germany can go all the way, whoever they play. The better the opposition, the better they play!

Hope you continue to enjoy!!

Chris

21. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Chris, I think so too, but now the tournament starts for real. Every game will be a kind of final game.

Thats really bad news. You could see in the slow-mo, that that one hurt badly. I wish him fast recovery.

Okay, I'll take that one for granted and say: "See you in the semi finals, shooting penalties after 120 minutes of a thrilling game with three goals on each side! 8) 8) "

I will and I hope you and the rest of the world will too.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

22. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    your on an American Football Website

23. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Atrium
    Anything other than Packer dicussion. (<-- not my typing error, it's a copy. :wink: :lol: )

24. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i know but he's complaining about football ( i mean american) on a website about football, i am not saying you can't talk about soccer

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    The persons able to change it have been notified long long time ago.