Euro 2012

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say England have a great football past, us Scots laugh at them because they have been living off it for nearly 50 years . Their current crop of players for me are overpaid and overrated. I dont know what to think of Spain, they have a split personality one game Amazing and another well, Average. Portugal are a one man team really, and he's a tad overrated also for me. Italy have Pirlo and a good Defence, so they are Germany's main threat at the moment.

Ha! you can tell things aint going so well if a supporter tries that, not that it bothered the guy taking the Penalty.:roflmao:
As you know the trick is not to get over excited, you do though have a very good chance of winning definatley.:tup:

Yepp, I agree - let's beat Italy and we will have a very good chance to win another title.
The only problem - Germany played against Italy seven times and did not win a single match so far :eek: :rolleyes:
So Italy seems to be our bogey team...
Your prediction for tomorrow, Spain or Portugal ? :unsure:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, I agree - let's beat Italy and we will have a very good chance to win another title.
The only problem - Germany played against Italy seven times and did not win a single match so far :eek: :rolleyes:
So Italy seems to be our bogey team...
Your prediction for tomorrow, Spain or Portugal ? :unsure:

First time for everything, Italy right now aren't as strong as in the past, so i think Germany have a reasonable chance against them. If they play their cards right.:ninja: I'd grab the bull by the horns and play with an attacking 3-5-2 high tempo, sacrifice one of the midfielders and Manmark Pirlo boss and shut down their midfield. Gomez and Klose up front and really hit their Defence hard. Although Herr Loew probly has other ideas! ;)

Similar to you in regards to Italy v England, i would like to see the weaker team win. so ill go for Portugal even though i don't like Ronaldo.:eek:

Here's a wee bit of inspiration for you!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
First time for everything, Italy right now aren't as strong as in the past, so i think Germany have a reasonable chance against them. If they play their cards right.:ninja: I'd grab the bull by the horns and play with an attacking 3-5-2 high tempo, sacrifice one of the midfielders and Manmark Pirlo boss and shut down their midfield. Gomez and Klose up front and really hit their Defence hard. Although Herr Loew probly has other ideas! ;)

Similar to you in regards to Italy v England, i would like to see the weaker team win. so ill go for Portugal even though i don't like Ronaldo.:eek:

Here's a wee bit of inspiration for you!

Thank you ! :tup::) Let's hope so.
I think Loew will change the team again, looks like Podolski plays instead Schürle and Reus keeps his place instead Thomas Müller.
And Klose and Gomez together on the field ? Only if Italy leads by two goals at halftime I guess :eek:;)
And now let's see if we are again bored by Spain or if Portugal and Ronaldo ( :poop: ) can beat them....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thank you ! :tup::) Let's hope so.
I think Loew will change the team again, looks like Podolski plays instead Schürle and Reus keeps his place instead Thomas Müller.
And Klose and Gomez together on the field ? Only if Italy leads by two goals at halftime I guess :eek:;)
And now let's see if we are again bored by Spain or if Portugal and Ronaldo ( :poop: ) can beat them....
Thats a strange one i thought Muller would have been a starter, Loew is mixing it up a little.
I know its never going to happen is it? unless they are really in trouble, shame really.
Well i was pretty bored, in truth i only started watching at 52 mins guess what the score was 0-0 what a suprise! lol
Spain only started playing at 105 mins.
Predictably yet again Ronaldo fails to do it when it really matters, unlike for all his flaws a true great like Zidane

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Those were some mighty strange coaching decisions.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

They were for sure, Ronaldo should have had the guts and done himself and all of us a favour and taken one of the first pens. If he scores fantastic! it helps his team, and it proves he can handle the pressure. Instead he waits for the ''Hollywood'' im a Superstar winning penalty that never came, sums him up really.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were for sure, Ronaldo should have had the guts and done himself and all of us a favour and taken one of the first pens. If he scores fantastic! it helps his team, and it proves he can handle the pressure. Instead he waits for the ''Hollywood'' im a Superstar winning penalty that never came, sums him up really.

As you wrote before, that's why he will never be a true great like Zizou ;)
Now waiting for today's game against Italy...I am really excited and I still believe that if we beat Italy we will bring home the Euro 2012 trophy on Sunday.;)
Italy....:cautious:
A friend got tickets for today and left to Warsaw by train this morning, lucky guy ! :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
As you wrote before, that's why he will never be a true great like Zizou ;)
Now waiting for today's game against Italy...I am really excited and I still believe that if we beat Italy we will bring home the Euro 2012 trophy on Sunday.;)
Italy....:cautious:
A friend got tickets for today and left to Warsaw by train this morning, lucky guy ! :tup:

One game at a time nothings impossible, remember little Slovakia knocked Italy out in the first round of the last World Cup. Impossible is nothing.:tup:

Lucky guy indeed, i forgot thats right next door to you really. A bit further away for the Final though.:)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
One game at a time nothings impossible, remember little Slovakia knocked Italy out in the first round of the last World Cup. Impossible is nothing.:tup:

Lucky guy indeed, i forgot thats right next door to you really. A bit further away for the Final though.:)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are right! :tup:
One hour left until kickoff, and todays headline for BILD (our largest newspaper, comparable with The Sun):

"Wir wuenschen schon jetzt eine gute Heimreise" means: Have a safe trip back home :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Italy again:rolleyes:
But well deserved for Italy, congratulations.
Changing the team with Podolski instead Reus and Gomez instead Klose was a huge mistake by Loew.:(

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Italy again:rolleyes:
But well deserved for Italy, congratulations.
Changing the team with Podolski instead Reus and Gomez instead Klose was a huge mistake by Loew.:(

Fair play to you nessie, thats a tough one to take though. Typically Italian performance.:rolleyes:

I now hope Spain win the Final.

Sums it up quite well.

I remember him now, he played for the 49ers at one point. Very similar.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yep. Could sometimes do well, but always had to show off about it.

Owens seemed like a wasted talent.

For me the Player of Euro 2012 has been Andrea Pirlo, im not Italy's biggest fan at all but Pirlo's a Class Midfielder. He's the Polar Opposite of some other fancy flashy types such as Ballotelli and Ronaldo etc, they could learn from his example. He keeps it simple and plays for the team not his ego.

Grace under Pressure

Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet. —Marcello Lippi

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Owens seemed like a wasted talent.

For me the Player of Euro 2012 has been Andrea Pirlo, im not Italy's biggest fan at all but Pirlo's a Class Midfielder. He's the Polar Opposite of some other fancy flashy types such as Ballotelli and Ronaldo etc, they could learn from his example. He keeps it simple and plays for the team not his ego.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet. —Marcello Lippi

True. BTW, what happened to OUR midfield yesterday?
Italy blew threw them like they were standing still.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
True. BTW, what happened to OUR midfield yesterday?
Italy blew threw them like they were standing still.

From what i could make of it i thought that they showed the Italian Midfield far too much respect, they didn't impose and inflict their gameplan at all. That was not a German team playing as they normally do. They just seemed confused. It was a bit like watching seasoned Veterans against the U21s. And as nessie said earlier, wrong player choices didn't help either. We just have to accept on the day Italy were better.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what i could make of it i thought that they showed the Italian Midfield far too much respect, they didn't impose and inflict their gameplan at all. That was not a German team playing as they normally do. They just seemed confused. It was a bit like watching seasoned Veterans against the U21s. And as nessie said earlier, wrong player choices didn't help either. We just have to accept on the day Italy were better.
Sums it up perfectly, we have to admit that we did not match the expectations, especially in that game against Italy.
We had a lot of discussions today at the office (should Schweinsteiger have been benched, why Gomez was the wrong striker against the italian defense, when was the last time Podolski performed well.... e.g.) but we all agreed in one point: Italy was the better team !
But our team has been the youngest in the Euro 2012 tournament, there is room for improvement and I am quite optimistic that they will improve.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sums it up perfectly, we have to admit that we did not match the expectations, especially in that game against Italy.
We had a lot of discussions today at the office (should Schweinsteiger have been benched, why Gomez was the wrong striker against the italian defense, when was the last time Podolski performed well.... e.g.) but we all agreed in one point: Italy was the better team !
But our team has been the youngest in the Euro 2012 tournament, there is room for improvement and I am quite optimistic that they will improve.

I think even though Germany lost its clear that they are one of the elite world teams, for example the gulf in class between them and a team like England is huge. Italy v England was the biggest 0-0 thrashing i have seen in some time. Its only now that the media over here, specifically the English media are beginning to realise this, and a bit of a reality check for them is going on. Not before time!!!
I never realised how young the German team was at all, the future looks good for them.:tup:

The link below might explain one or two things.......

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2012/6/29/3124503/germany-vs-italy-bastian-schweinsteiger

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think even though Germany lost its clear that they are one of the elite world teams, for example the gulf in class between them and a team like England is huge. Italy v England was the biggest 0-0 thrashing i have seen in some time. Its only now that the media over here, specifically the English media are beginning to realise this, and a bit of a reality check for them is going on. Not before time!!!
I never realised how young the German team was at all, the future looks good for them.:tup:

The link below might explain one or two things.......

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2012/6/29/3124503/germany-vs-italy-bastian-schweinsteiger

One hour left until kickoff for the Euro 2012 final.
To be honest - I am not sure if I will watch, I don't care if Spain or Italy wins the Euro 2012 :rolleyes:;)
Thanks for this link, this article hits the nail right on the head.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
One hour left until kickoff for the Euro 2012 final.
To be honest - I am not sure if I will watch, I don't care if Spain or Italy wins the Euro 2012 :rolleyes:;)
Thanks for this link, this article hits the nail right on the head.

Yeah i was kind of similar i only turned it on at 52 mins, apparently Spain won suprise suprise. Nothing of interest to me really, apart from Torres and Mata scoring but the game was over long before then.:rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts