Euro 2012

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok, during the match on Sunday my son and I were having a debate. I said Ronaldo may be the best player in the tournament. My son disagreed but wouldn't offer me someone better. What do you guys think?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, during the match on Sunday my son and I were having a debate. I said Ronaldo may be the best player in the tournament. My son disagreed but wouldn't offer me someone better. What do you guys think?

Oh, difficult question Croak.
Ronaldo has played only one very good game so far, but he definitely is one of the best players in the tournament.
I always love to see Iniesta playing, he is an amazing football player.
And don't forget Xavi.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do us all a favour please!!
Yep its Football but not as we know it! :roflmao: Im a traditionalist 4-4-2 flat back four, ball winner and a creative central midfielders, two wingers, and a big stong number 9 and smaller skillful partner up front. Happy Days! :)

Oh yeah, good old times.:D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

''One Swallow does not a Summer make''*

Croak i don't like Ronaldo much, for me he is a flashy inconsistent poser with a few fancy stepovers, im not denying he has a certain amount of skill, but he goes missing quite alot. Where was he in the first couple of games? And he bottles it in the real big ones that matter*. eg WCSF 06 (Beaten by France)* Euro 04 Final (Under performed, beaten by Greece)* CL Final 08 (Missed penalty, average performance, should have lost)*
For me so far there has been no best player of the tournament as yet, but alot of very good ones.

Bah Humbug Croatia out! not unexpeted though. Italy were always going to find a way through, as usual.:rolleyes:

Aside from the obvious fact that Goaline Technology should definatley be introduced at major Tournaments, its always interesting to hear from the King of the Ref's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18517132

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
''One Swallow does not a Summer make''*

Croak i don't like Ronaldo much, for me he is a flashy inconsistent poser with a few fancy stepovers, im not denying he has a certain amount of skill, but he goes missing quite alot. Where was he in the first couple of games? And he bottles it in the real big ones that matter*. eg WCSF 06 (Beaten by France)* Euro 04 Final (Under performed, beaten by Greece)* CL Final 08 (Missed penalty, average performance, should have lost)*
For me so far there has been no best player of the tournament as yet, but alot of very good ones.

Bah Humbug Croatia out! not unexpeted though. Italy were always going to find a way through, as usual.:rolleyes:

Aside from the obvious fact that Goaline Technology should definatley be introduced at major Tournaments, its always interesting to hear from the King of the Ref's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18517132

OMG, Collina :rolleyes:
I really don't like Collina but he's right, a "human mistake" and I am not sure If I really would like to have a Goal-Line technology.
Depends how they do it, if it works like the hockey technology without game interruptions it's O.K.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
OMG, Collina :rolleyes:
I really don't like Collina but he's right, a "human mistake" and I am not sure If I really would like to have a Goal-Line technology.
Depends how they do it, if it works like the hockey technology without game interruptions it's O.K.

:D No you don't like him? fair enough, i always respected him though, thought he was one of the better refs. Its funny isn't it how some of us dislike them, and others don't dislike as much. But there are some really bad ones out there, they are Shocking!

From what iv'e seen they have been testing them, and by all accounts the sytems work well. Very fast, Hawkeye is one its used in tennis also i think.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D No you don't like him? fair enough, i always respected him though, thought he was one of the better refs. Its funny isn't it how some of us dislike them, and others don't dislike as much. But there are some really bad ones out there, they are Shocking!

From what iv'e seen they have been testing them, and by all accounts the sytems work well. Very fast, Hawkeye is one its used in tennis also i think.

He is so vain, like a peacock, that's why I dont like him. But no doubt, one of the best refs ever ...
Nowadays there are how many refs involved in a game ? 6 ? :confused: And still goals, or better - not given goals like that one against England, happen. Scaring, but human.... :eek::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
He is so vain, like a peacock, that's why I dont like him. But no doubt, one of the best refs ever ...
Nowadays there are how many refs involved in a game ? 6 ? :confused: And still goals, or better - not given goals like that one against England, happen. Scaring, but human.... :eek::D

Well there is no denying that, he is what he is in that department. There is no such thing as Perfect, but there is such a thing as Better. I think there will always be mistakes by refs, reducing the mistakes is the way to go for me.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well there is no denying that, he is what he is in that department. There is no such thing as Perfect, but there is such a thing as Better. I think there will always be mistakes by refs, reducing the mistakes is the way to go for me.
Good catchword ;)
No mistakes allowed for the German Team today against Greece :tup:
But I am afraid the german team has to be patient because the Greek will try to slow down the game.
So if we will win this game and England would do the same against Italy....we will meet them in the semi-final, is this right ? :confused:
If so - there will be another remarkable loss for England against Germany :sneaky:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Good catchword ;)
No mistakes allowed for the German Team today against Greece :tup:
But I am afraid the german team has to be patient because the Greek will try to slow down the game.
So if we will win this game and England would do the same against Italy....we will meet them in the semi-final, is this right ? :confused:
If so - there will be another remarkable loss for England against Germany :sneaky:

I think someone should make a dvd of Greece, their games would be useful for people suffering from Insomia.:sleep:

England v Italy will be a horrible match if the formbook is correct, England are very defensive. Funnily enough for once Italy are not, they will actually have a go i think alot of people underestimate them.

I would be slightly suprised if England get past Italy. :cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think someone should make a dvd of Greece, their games would be useful for people suffering from Insomia.:sleep:

England v Italy will be a horrible match if the formbook is correct, England are very defensive. Funnily enough for once Italy are not, they will actually have a go i think alot of people underestimate them.

I would be slightly suprised if England get past Italy. :cautious:

1:0 half time, let's see what they're doing now... it's a shame that a team like Greece made it to the Quarterfinals.
I also think Italy is the better team, but I want England for the semifinal please.....:sneaky:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
1:0 half time, let's see what they're doing now... it's a shame that a team like Greece made it to the Quarterfinals.
I also think Italy is the better team, but I want England for the semifinal please.....:sneaky:

I know, Croatia for example should have been there instead of Greece, Greece had 72 completed passes in the first half. That is inept by any standard.

Im easy, knocking them out sooner or later is fine by me. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, Croatia for exanple should have been there instead of Greece, Greece had 72 completed passes in the first half. That is inept by any standard.

Im easy, knocking them out sooner or later is fine by me. ;)

72 completed passes, really ? In German TV they said 74 % ball possession for Germany in the first half.... :rolleyes: However, they made it to the Quarterfinals and if you compare them to the Dutch team for example...unbelievable...

I prefer later..... :p;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
72 completed passes, really ? In German TV they said 74 % ball possession for Germany in the first half.... :rolleyes: However, they made it to the Quarterfinals and if you compare them to the Dutch team for example...unbelievable...

I prefer later..... :p;)

Well thats what they said, ITV Sport UK If they are right i dont know. 74%? seemed more like 94% at times.:D But joking aside, Greece were pants. Greeks Tactics home or away 10 men behind the ball, sneak up field on a counter score one goal. Retreat to the edge of their box for the rest of the game win 1-0. Fine in qualifying and against the lesser teams, but against the big boys lacking a little.

Ha your probly right, nothing like seeing them eat humble pie. :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well thats what they said, ITV Sport UK If they are right i dont know. 74%? seemed more like 94% at times.:D But joking aside, Greece were pants. Greeks Tactics home or away 10 men behind the ball, sneak up field on a counter score one goal. Retreat to the edge of their box for the rest of the game win 1-0. Fine in qualifying and against the lesser teams, but against the big boys lacking a little.

Ha your probly right, nothing like seeing them eat humble pie. :)
So let's see how England is doing against Italy, hope they will win.:tup:
But it will be very difficult for them to get past Italy.
Yesterdays game between Spain and France was an absolute borefest, did France had any chance to score ? I can hardly remember one? :confused: Same with Spain, I am wondering how they could score twice...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So let's see how England is doing against Italy, hope they will win.:tup:
But it will be very difficult for them to get past Italy.
Yesterdays game between Spain and France was an absolute borefest, did France had any chance to score ? I can hardly remember one? :confused: Same with Spain, I am wondering how they could score twice...:rolleyes:

As a Scotland fan i can never say that, i hope Italy win. But i know why you want them win, because you want Germany to humiliate them. And that is understandable and very desirable. :D:tup:

Spain played their ''Im too scared to score no striker attack again'' They seem to be copying the awful Scotland coaches infamous 4-6-0 formation*.:mad: I got bored and turned off the TV at halftime, nuff said.:rolleyes:

*Goto the user comment at the bottom, class.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footba...ast-time-was-the-right-choice-86908-23390219/

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Scotland fan i can never say that, i hope Italy win. But i know why you want them win, because you want Germany to humiliate them. And that is understandable and very desirable. :D:tup:

Spain played their ''Im too scared to score no striker attack again'' They seem to be copying the awful Scotland coaches infamous 4-6-0 formation*.:mad: I got bored and turned off the TV at halftime, nuff said.:rolleyes:

*Goto the user comment at the bottom, class.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footba...ast-time-was-the-right-choice-86908-23390219/

I know, I know - same with me and The Netherlands but you obviously know why I want England ;):D
You turned off the TV at halftime ? Well done, you did not miss anything, so boring.
I should have done something better with my time on a Saturday evening.:mad:
Interesting article, great comment - he nailed it !
4-6-0.....stupid, boring.
"People seem to think that if you play with two up top, you will win a game or score more goals. Well, you might score more goals but the chances are you'll lose more as well." :eek::rolleyes:
Looks like Scotland has a problem, you need a new manager....as soon as possible...

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I know, I know - same with me and The Netherlands but you obviously know why I want England ;):D
You turned off the TV at halftime ? Well done, you did not miss anything, so boring.
I should have done something better with my time on a Saturday evening.:mad:
Interesting article, great comment - he nailed it !
4-6-0.....stupid, boring.
"People seem to think that if you play with two up top, you will win a game or score more goals. Well, you might score more goals but the chances are you'll lose more as well." :eek::rolleyes:
Looks like Scotland has a problem, you need a new manager....as soon as possible...

Unlucky mhnessie its not England for you,:tdown: I think Italy deserved to beat them on Penalties, they were very dominant, and should really have won the game easily in normal time. I think Germany v Italy will be a good game,:) key for Germany is stopping Pirlo play. He's like a quarterback pinging accurate passes everywhere. Germany would have beaten England quite easily i think to be honest.

Yeah thats why i have given up on them a bit until they get a better coach.:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlucky mhnessie its not England for you,:tdown: I think Italy deserved to beat them on Penalties, they were very dominant, and should really have won the game easily in normal time. I think Germany v Italy will be a good game,:) key for Germany is stopping Pirlo play. He's like a quarterback pinging accurate passes everywhere. Germany would have beaten England quite easily i think to be honest.

Yeah thats why i have given up on them a bit until they get a better coach.:rolleyes:

Yeah, no doubt - Italy deserved to win and especially the first half was great and Pirlo simply awesome, I like him.
And Buffon is still a worldclass goalkeeper, though he seems to earn some extra money with football bettings :D
He should place a bet on Germany this time ;)
But to be serious - it will be a tough game and as you propably know, we always had our problems with italian national football teams.:rolleyes: (70, 82, 2006...)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, no doubt - Italy deserved to win and especially the first half was great and Pirlo simply awesome, I like him.
And Buffon is still a worldclass goalkeeper, though he seems to earn some extra money with football bettings :D
He should place a bet on Germany this time ;)
But to be serious - it will be a tough game and as you propably know, we always had our problems with italian national football teams.:rolleyes: (70, 82, 2006...)

Always a whiff if corruption with the Italian game somewhere or other, par for the course really.:rolleyes: I thought England made Italy look good, i dont think Germany will be as easy for them at all. If i was a betting type and im not, id put money on Germany to win. they have more of a ruthless streak about them than Italy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always a whiff if corruption with the Italian game somewhere or other, par for the course really.:rolleyes: I thought England made Italy look good, i dont think Germany will be as easy for them at all. If i was a betting type and im not, id put money on Germany to win. they have more of a ruthless streak about them than Italy.
I hope you are right, but I would feel better with England in the semifinals instead Italy.
But England or Italy, both are great football nations or how "Kaiser Franz" said - "We call it a Klassiker" :roflmao:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I am excited and I think this year is our chance to win another big title because Spain is not that good anymore, Portugal is Ronaldo...and that's it.
So if we can beat Italy on Thursday and reach the final I am pretty sure we will make it !

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I hope you are right, but I would feel better with England in the semifinals instead Italy.
But England or Italy, both are great football nations or how "Kaiser Franz" said - "We call it a Klassiker" :roflmao:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I am excited and I think this year is our chance to win another big title because Spain is not that good anymore, Portugal is Ronaldo...and that's it.
So if we can beat Italy on Thursday and reach the final I am pretty sure we will make it !

I would say England have a great football past, us Scots laugh at them because they have been living off it for nearly 50 years . Their current crop of players for me are overpaid and overrated. I dont know what to think of Spain, they have a split personality one game Amazing and another well, Average. Portugal are a one man team really, and he's a tad overrated also for me. Italy have Pirlo and a good Defence, so they are Germany's main threat at the moment.

Ha! you can tell things aint going so well if a supporter tries that, not that it bothered the guy taking the Penalty.:roflmao:
As you know the trick is not to get over excited, you do though have a very good chance of winning definatley.:tup:

Members online

Latest posts