Euro 2012

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
A thread for all such things Euro Footie 2012.

Good start for the tournament all teams playing well, the Russians look pretty decent so far.:)
A couple of needless sendings off didn't ruin a competitive first game, good Greek comeback they could have even won it. Great skill and finishing by the Russians, they could well go very far. Under performing Czechs have it all too do now.

Poland 1 - 1 Greece

Russia 4 - 1 Czech Republic

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Netherlands 0 - 1 Denmark

The Dutch clearly the better side in my opinion, forget that playing dominant attractive attacking football means nothing unless you put the ball in the net. Well done Denmark. :cool:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Netherlands 0 - 1 Denmark

The Dutch clearly the better side in my opinion, forget that playing dominant attractive attacking football means nothing unless you put the ball in the net. Well done Denmark. :cool:

I agree, the Dutch were the better team.
However, could be a perfect result for our german team, but only if we will win against Portugal.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Germany 1 - 0 Portugal

Was a boredraw for just over 70 mins until Gomez's exellent textbook finish, then a game of Football began. Portugal fail to score, job done 3 points in the bag for the Die Mannschaft. :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Germany 1 - 0 Portugal

Was a boredraw for just over 70 mins until Gomez's exellent textbook finish, then a game of Football began. Portugal fail to score, job done 3 points in the bag for the Die Mannschaft. :)

This win brought to you courtesy of FC Bayern München.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of folks were surprised he started instead of Klose.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

True, also Klose for me should have gone on up front with Gomez much earlier.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, they're both strikers but it would be exciting to see both of them up there.

Yeah, Ok i know its unlikely to happen, but Goals win games. If your team has two good strikers and they can play together great, why leave one on the bench........seems a bit of a waste.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Germany 1 - 0 Portugal

Puuuuh, hasn't been a good game but 3 Points that's all that counts.
Portugal isn't Albania or Liechtenstein, so hard work and a little luck was needed to win this opener.
Excellent game by Hummels and Jerome Boateng - Podolski, Lahm and Schweinsteiger were the weakest players in the german team.
We have to improve and we will ! ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Puuuuh, hasn't been a good game but 3 Points that's all that counts.
Portugal isn't Albania or Liechtenstein, so hard work and a little luck was needed to win this opener.
Excellent game by Hummels and Jerome Boateng - Podolski, Lahm and Schweinsteiger were the weakest players in the german team.
We have to improve and we will ! ;)

True i was a bit disapointed with Portugal, they changed their game not for the better i think.

Great last ditch tackle by Boateng on the dribbling poser with the weird haircut.

Early days. :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
True i was a bit disapointed with Portugal, they changed their game not for the better i think.

Great last ditch tackle by Boateng on the dribbling poser with the weird haircut.

Early days. :)

Yeah, a really awesome game by him though he was under pressure because of his "late night love affair" with Gina Lisa :eek::D
=> Picture:
http://www.ok-magazin.de/people/news/10452/lockte-gina-lisa-jerome-boateng-in-eine-falle-

Todays games:

Spain - Italy: I simply do not like the destructive style of Italy and I think Spain is the better team, so my prediction is 2:0 Spain !

Ireland - Croatia: I'll keep my fingers crossed for Ireland, they are the underdogs. But I am afraid Croatia is too strong, my prediction: 2-1 Croatia

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, a really awesome game by him though he was under pressure because of his "late night love affair" with Gina Lisa :eek::D
=> Picture:
http://www.ok-magazin.de/people/news/10452/lockte-gina-lisa-jerome-boateng-in-eine-falle-

Todays games:

Spain - Italy: I simply do not like the destructive style of Italy and I think Spain is the better team, so my prediction is 2:0 Spain !

Ireland - Croatia: I'll keep my fingers crossed for Ireland, they are the underdogs. But I am afraid Croatia is too strong, my prediction: 2-1 Croatia

Footballers and Dizzy Blondes, like Bees's to honey they will never change.:roflmao:

Italy Zzzzzzzz, i hope Nando gets his shooting boots on and Spain win.

I'm Going for Croatia on this one.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
...juhu.... 1:1 :tup::p

Spain 1 - 1 Italy

Yep a decent game draw probly a fair result, although quite why Spain played for over 70 mins without a recognised striker* i dont know. Yet they still manages to score, they are class. Balotelli frustrates as per usual. And Torres fluffs his lines, (not the player he was.) Pity really. :coffee:

Croatia 3 - 1 Ireland

Croatia skill and technique everywhere deserved winners, Ireland were a bit limited to be honest. But their fans will enjoy the beer at least.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spain 1 - 1 Italy

Yep a decent game draw probly a fair result, although quite why Spain played for over 70 mins without a recognised striker* i dont know. Yet they still manages to score, they are class. Balotelli frustrates as per usual. And Torres fluffs his lines, (not the player he was.) Pity really. :coffee:

Croatia 3 - 1 Ireland

Croatia skill and technique everywhere deserved winners, Ireland were a bit limited to be honest. But their fans will enjoy the beer at least.

Agree and this will be a huge problem for Spain. Two years ago they had Villa and Torres and both scored regularly, now they only have Torres and he is a shadow of his former self.
And Ireland - limited as expected and Croatia deserved to win it.
But impressive irish fans ! :tup:

Great games tonight, especially France against England.
Can you guess who I am rooting for ? :cool::p

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree and this will be a huge problem for Spain. Two years ago they had Villa and Torres and both scored regularly, now they only have Torres and he is a shadow of his former self.
And Ireland - limited as expected and Croatia deserved to win it.
But impressive irish fans ! :tup:

Great games tonight, especially France against England.
Can you guess who I am rooting for ? :cool::p

If i'm honest i don't really know, but if your anything like me its France.

I really like England as a country, i even follow an English club. But not their national team. Years of Jimmy Hill is the reason.......don't ask. :confused:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If i'm honest i don't really know, but if your anything like me its France.

I really like England as a country, i even follow an English club. But not their national team. Years of Jimmy Hill is the reason.......don't ask. :confused:
:tup:
I simply love this football rivalry between Germany and England , but that's it. Needless to say that I do not hate England or english people , it's only football. ;)
I do not know Jimmy Hill, let me see what I can find out with help from google....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
:tup:
I simply love this football rivalry between Germany and England , but that's it. Needless to say that I do not hate England or english people , it's only football. ;)
I do not know Jimmy Hill, let me see what I can find out with help from google....

I'm the same, only a football thing nothing more.;)

Let me help you out a little.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

France 1 - 1 England

England for me looked a bit flat and without a real cutting edge, France should really have forced a winner but didn't.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the same, only a football thing nothing more.;)

Let me help you out a little.

France 1 - 1 England

England for me looked a bit flat and without a real cutting edge, France should really have forced a winner but didn't.

Aaaah, thank you....so now I know why this song is so "popular" :D

Boring game between France and England, but result leaves both teams in good position to make it to the playoffs.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw, PackerFan71, I found this nice T-shirt at Lillywhites in London and couldn't resist.... ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Aaaah, thank you....so now I know why this song is so "popular" :D

Boring game between France and England, but result leaves both teams in good position to make it to the playoffs.

Yep thats him he is a popular guy alright! even some England fans dislike him. He's a bit of a old irrelevant joke really,:laugh: Ah cool shirt!:tup: Lillywhites is that the one near Piccadilly Circus? Ill have to go there next time im in London. Lots of people have told me about it.

True but they better both be careful, Ukraine and Sweden are still dangerous.

Ukraine 2 - 1 Sweden

At first i thought i was watching Sweden v Boca Juniors, then i realised what i thought was Sweden was in fact Ukraine. New shirts obviously.:D Chelsea oldboy (Misfit) Sheva got both for Ukraine, Sweden should have made it 2-2 really.

mhnessie below is my latest addition to my collection well last year ha!, im really picky with my choice of shirts and i never buy the very latest unless they are real mint designs. Ill get the latest Scotland and the new Germany away mabey, in about 6-9 months time when they are half price new and tagged, £50 - 80 Euros crazy money.:cautious:

Members online

Latest posts