1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

EUGENE KANE anyone?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by FrankRizzo, Jun 1, 2011.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    This guy creates firestorms at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel week after week after week.

Here's his latest, and here are the comments from many readers to him.
    Some blame race, but many factors play role in criminal behavior - JSOnline

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Does anyone else here read this guy's stuff in the Sentinel?

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    The commenter reminds me of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY2UFaXPBKs]YouTube - ‪John Gibson Explains Hip Hop Culture‬‏[/ame]

Ah, the good ol' days when a good ***** was a dead *****! Damn c**ns assaulting us good white folks and littering our good white clean streets! Where's the KKK when you need them?

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    I still know a few people that think this way. Just change the stars to the minority or religion of your choice (even the Irish.)

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I've been to WI (never lived, only lived in San Diego in the US) and I've seen some racism (I'm plenty white, but have a spanish last name). But nothing relevant.

My father lived in Racine in the late 60's, he's whiter than me, but he tells stories of how the only friends he could make in school were foreigners, colombians etc... and some war vets in the neiborhood.

While not racism per se (xenofobism), it still shows fear of what's strange, borderline hatred.

It's a shame people still think this way. They grew up in this environment, but in today's society, there's plenty information out there to stop with this kind of thinking...

6. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Majority of the people are near retirement age but there is the occasional young adult and teenager. And not all these people are from the midwest. I lived and traveled the west and south coasts and met with some of the same attitudes.

7. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Sadly racism and xenophobia exist everywhere.

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    That's very true.
    But the fact that the Milwaukee Journal pays this racist, and gives him a platform to spew his ignorant racist propaganda is just astonishing.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    He has been around for YEARS, and I expect him to be there for more...I think he pushes the envelope just enough, and wont risk pushing it to far

10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I think you're right.
    But try getting a white person to write the exact same stuff in vice versa.
    See how long he lasts and what type of outrage there is.

11. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,626

I've always felt the most repressed individual in this society is the white middle-aged Christian male. Everything he does or says must be considered so that it cannot be misconstrued to be a verbal attack by someone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Without a doubt.

This from Chicago:

13. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    it probably gets people to buy the papers. my mom grew up in sturgeon bay wisconsin and said there wasnt a black person in town. this was the 70's and 80's

14. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Reading this guys commentary actually made me sick to my stomach. I have zero tolerance for racism in any form. People have a right to their beliefs and opinions but I have the right to disagree with them in turn. I think beliefs such as his have led to much evil in this world.

However, I also think the reason they let this guy continue to write for them is because, as WC said, it probably gets people to buy papers. Controversial remarks such as his, probably bring in more readers than actual news stories. Sad, sick, but true. People just love to watch a train wreck, and sadly, they probably can't wait to see what this dude is going to spew out next.

15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Exactly.
    Why are Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton famous again?
    They're pathetic and are a sad sign of the times that there are hundreds of girls who worship & respect them for..... whatever it is.

16. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    If you don't mind me asking, what high school did your dad go to and when did he graduate? I ask because my dad grew up in Racine. Lived there until college, then moved to Madison.

17. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I'll ask him when I see him. Don't know if he remembers, though. He was an exchange student, don't know if only for the junior or senior year...