2.Packers
3.Lions
4.Vikings

Defense:
1. Bears
2.Vikings
3.Packers
4.Lions

I would have to disagree with defense. We are certainly better then the vikings in that department.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On offense, I don't think the Pack should be number one, but the Bears don't belong there.

I guess my rankings would be for offense: Detroit, GB, Chicago, Minnesota.

Defense: Chicago, GB, Minnesota and Detroit.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
ESPN Rates the Vikes above the Pack based on the Vikes ability to stop the run.

Yeah Vikings were very good at stopping the run, whereas Green Bay defense has good player, but needs to improve.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To Their credit they did say at the end that The Vikings had the worst passing D in the league. "why run when you can pass" or something like that.
I believe by the end of the year Packers D will be rated #1 in the division, Offense #1 or #2 but definately not behind The Bears.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would agree that the vikes can stop the run but if u cant stop the pass as well then u anit gona win games E.G monday night football against the pats new england ran the ball 4 times and passed every other time

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On offense, I don't think the Pack should be number one, but the Bears don't belong there.

I guess my rankings would be for offense: Detroit, GB, Chicago, Minnesota.

Defense: Chicago, GB, Minnesota and Detroit.
Oh man........i agree!!! The BEARS #1 offense!?!? What are they smoking???
Wrecks reallyGrossman hasn't shown that he can be an NFL qb yet.
Now, with Greg Jennings healthy, and IF Morency can beome the guy running the ball, we could jump into the #1 position.
Plus, on D, we have alot of unknowns, but with the improvement we saw towards the end of the year, we can be pretty close to "da Bears".

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
our defense is better than the vikings and bears.

Based upon what? THe fact that you have a piece of the Frozen Tundra sitting in the back of your freezer?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings opted not to resign some players so we will see but I think our overall defense will be better than theirs this year. For one thing the offense is weak for them so it's not like they will control time of possession unless their offensive line wakes up and plays a whole lot better.

The Bears are imploding over there and it will be interesting to see how the Brigg's deal works out. They would be without him and Tank for the first game and that has to hurt.

They are tough with Brown and Harris healthy although Brown seems to go down every year with a season ending injury at some point.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the bears offense, with rex grossman at the helm often makes the opposing teams defense look a lot better. I still have yet to see why he has not been replaced, as long as he sits at QB i dont think the bears offense should be ranked #1.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the bears offense, with rex grossman at the helm often makes the opposing teams defense look a lot better. I still have yet to see why he has not been replaced, as long as he sits at QB i dont think the bears offense should be ranked #1.

OP
OP
P

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To Their credit they did say at the end that The Vikings had the worst passing D in the league. "why run when you can pass" or something like that.
I believe by the end of the year Packers D will be rated #1 in the division, Offense #1 or #2 but definately not behind The Bears.

Why Drive when you can Fly? :D

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

Based upon what?

Your pathetic offenses.... good thing we don't play our own... when the Lions look on paper to have the most offensive punch... Hell has gotten cold...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pack93z

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kinda like the Vikings defense... outmatched :thumbsup:

Pack93z

Reaction score
Joe Theisman ranked our offense as the best offense in the NFC North.

You mean Joey Sunshine... I wish I could agree but to many unknown's right now for us to be ranked that highly even though Chitown and the queens O's are proven to be ummmm "they suck"

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

Based upon what? THe fact that you have a piece of the Frozen Tundra sitting in the back of your freezer?
Why is it almost everytime a Packer fan voices his opinion (and thats all it was, his opinion) a rival fan will come here and make the "THe fact that you have a piece of the Frozen Tundra sitting in the back of your freezer?" comment. Yes.....we Packer fans really back our team, and even will do something as crazy as buy a piece of the turf when given the chance. I believe a good portion of the Lambeau Field turf sales went to charity. And yes, i have a piece of it in my freezer too. And I'd take you on in a IQ test at any time. It doesn't mean i'm some kind of idiot because i actually spent $10 on a piece of dirt and grass. Heck, i know people that will spend a heck of alot more on some plant to put in their house. Why? Because they like plants. Me, i like "my" football team and enjoy the fact that i have a piece of historical Lambeau Field.
If that makes me stupid, so be it.

Reaction score
To be honest, I agree with the ranking.

The Packers have a load of young talent, and that makes their potential much higher than the Bears on O and the Vikes on D.

The problem is that young talent is such an unknown. Until they show some consistency, they don't deserve to be higher than they are.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truth be told I think the Vikings defense is a tad overrated. I would probably put them #3 because the main reason why their run defense was so strong last year was because their pass defense stunk. It's an inflated stat in my opinion and one that shouldn't be ignored.

I would rate it

Offense

1. Bears
2. Lions
3. Packers
4. Vikings

Defense

1. Bears
2. Packers
3. Vikings
4. Lions

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people seem to think the the Detroit Lions have such a great offense now that the have Calvin Johnson. Who could turn out to be the biggest bust ever because of all the hype.

I've seen people re-do the rankings and put the Lions above us on offense. Based on what? The fact that they may, POTENTIALLY, have an explosive offense? If thats how it is, then the Packers should be ranked number 1 in defense because we, POTENTIALLY, have a dominant defense waiting to show itself.

But I guess, because they added Calvin Johnson, a once in a lifetime talent, they are the next "Greatest Show on Turf". But wait, wasn't that supposed to have happened when they drafted Rogers, Williams and Williams?

But whatever, no use in arguing. Three cheers for the word potentially! :beer:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people seem to think the the Detroit Lions have such a great offense now that the have Calvin Johnson. Who could turn out to be the biggest bust ever because of all the hype.

I've seen people re-do the rankings and put the Lions above us on offense. Based on what? The fact that they may, POTENTIALLY, have an explosive offense? If thats how it is, then the Packers should be ranked number 1 in defense because we, POTENTIALLY, have a dominant defense waiting to show itself.

But I guess, because they added Calvin Johnson, a once in a lifetime talent, they are the next "Greatest Show on Turf". But wait, wasn't that supposed to have happened when they drafted Rogers, Williams and Williams?

But whatever, no use in arguing. Three cheers for the word potentially! :beer:
Hey!!!..........do i see "Imatation CHEESE on here!?!? (Just kidding!) :rotflmao:
I know what you are saying.............how many can't miss rookies ended up on the scrap heap? "Potential" is often not met by alot of players. Todd Marinovich, Ryan Leaf, Cade McNown, Andre Ware.......and i could go on and on. So many guys just don't become what they were expected to become. And like you stated, how many "potentially great" WR's have the Lions gone through recently? ALOT!

Reaction score
I've seen people re-do the rankings and put the Lions above us on offense. Based on what?

The Lions have two 1000 yard WRs in Furrey AND Williams.

They have a QB who threw for 4000+ yards last year.

They replaced their old #3 WR Mike Williams with a much more explosive WR in Calvin Johnson.

They have a good RB in Tatum Bell, and excellent depth at the position with Calhoun and TJ Duckett as back-ups. Not to mention RB Kevin Jones, who might be back by mid-season.

And their O-Line surely can't be any worse than it was last year.

They have proven performers (not so much on the o-line, something the Packers share with the Kitty cats).

Members online

Latest posts