ESPN'S MICHAEL SMITH: DRIVER WANTS OUT OF GREEN BAY

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD played his heart out last year. Not sure how credible the source of this information we got is, but if there is "ONE" guy who deserved to have his contract looked at, it was him. Don't lose him TT !!!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was and is talking about Donald Driver and this is making the rounds on the airwaves.

Michael Smith was just on FSN Radio (Peter Brown) saying he has a source from Driver's side that he went to Thompson back in December and said if you're not going to redo my deal, release or trade me. Smith also said something to the affect of, "don't read anything into this, I'm not saying he will hold out or not show up for camp."

A Rumor that is floating is that Walker's people leaked this to Smith right before the draft to gain leverage in their trying to force TT's hand. Even Smith admits that Driver has nothing to do with this and none of his agents had anything to do with the timing of this being brought up now.

The Packers really should do right by Donald Driver, who is underpaid, but only if this turns out not to have anything to do with his going public with negotiations.

Just a reminder, Driver did talk on TV a few months back saying he would love to play in his hometown, Houston. It caused quite a stir at the time. I am quite certain this is just that stuff being recycled -- at least I hope so!

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Driver disgruntled over team's failure to redo contract
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:47:01 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver is mad that the team has not re-done his deal and wants to be traded or released.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
Smith jsut got finished talking about Walker on Sportscenter and didn't mention Driver at all. i think this is blown out of proportion, if not just a rumor.

That's all it is. I'm an insider member. I won't believe it until I see it on ESPN. It's not in rumor central. Smith was talking about the Pack on SC and didn't say anything.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Sometimes it is nice to be a member of Bretts board...you hear things that others do not..

so take this "rumor" as it might be true..

No one saw me say this?? LOL

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** you cant see this but it is a gigantic ginormous S-word that rhymes with hit.

first walker now driver... are there any recievers out there who dont think they are worth their weight in gold. (not that donald isnt) jeez

someone give me some facts that say he didnt do this please

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packnic said:
**** you cant see this but it is a gigantic ginormous S-word that rhymes with hit.

first walker now driver... are there any recievers out there who dont think they are worth their weight in gold. (not that donald isnt) jeez

someone give me some facts that say he didnt do this please

Read the article and decide for your self...kffl is normally correct right???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
porky88 said:
mattresell said:
Smith jsut got finished talking about Walker on Sportscenter and didn't mention Driver at all. i think this is blown out of proportion, if not just a rumor.

That's all it is. I'm an insider member. I won't believe it until I see it on ESPN. It's not in rumor central. Smith was talking about the Pack on SC and didn't say anything.

Maybe he was not aware of it yet...This could have been brewing for a few weeks :shock:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats a very good source.

RUMOR DEBUNKED.

Carry on, nothing to see here. Get your booze and food ready for draft day, nothing to see here.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wouldn't need a source.. Porky was with it all along.. .. Just playing.. but I told you so...

Driver loves Green Bay and really think he'd do something like that especially with Favre back.

No!!! Smith said the wrong name by mistake. It happens..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
that sucks for him, cuz smith is new. he cant afford mistakes like that.

Mistakes always happen like that. More often than one would think. It's the way fans blow things out of proportion kffl didn't really help...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we're fans. theyre 'experts.' if they say sometihng happened, we should believe it. otherwise whats the point of the media.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to get people all riled up so they ***** and moan about this journalist or that journalist, so as to garner publicity for themselves???

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think it could possible be true. He might have saw what the pack handed out to Charles Woodson. It was even heard over the radio. I hope it was a mistake but I really don't think it is.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith did not mis-speak. He irresponsibly passed on a rumor as true without confirming or asking for a comment from the source.

This is what has become of journalism -- a bunch of punks who are willing to sell their souls to get 5 minutes of fame while not giving a damned who they hurt or reputation they soil.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts