ESPN using Favre; MNF; The economy

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Brett is the star in the league and guarantees ratings. ESPN is advertizing MNF on their network by showing Favre and highlights of his game out here against Oakland.

2) Even with the Packer's record just having Favre rates at least an MNF game and a Sunday Night game. Without him likely no Packer Primetime.

Maybe I've been spoiled but I've ben getting almost 50% of the Packer games televised for free and never needed to buy the Direct TV package.

The cost of going to a sports bar for other games is less than the cost of the Direct TV package. Though I go for some "free" games just because it is more fun to be with fellow fans. Though I did less last year than before Favre.

3) Brett's future with the Packers has an impact on my personal economy and Fall social life and alcohol consumption/health(I rarely drink alone).

A scary thought is becoming an old fart celebrating the past in my Pre 97 style Packer jersey(more stripes on sleeves and made by Starter) like my Dad in the 80's with his #66 jersey. Maybe I am old.

Without Brett I am ambivalent toward any player on the team and don't care if Ted trades, sells, or cuts any player to get a better deal. Without Brett's leadership I just won't feel the same.

4) Maybe I have the offseason blues and am anxious for some signings.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hang in there Cali!
Yes, Brett's run will end soon, either now or next season. But it doesn't mean the Packers will NEVER be good again. I have been around long enough to know that. So don't jump ship yet!!!

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Zero,

If he starts the first game of 2010 he breaks Jim Marshall's all time consecutive start streak providing of course......

He is a young guy. Moon was playing at 42 and Elway at 38 or 39.
Brett is tougher and better than them.

I want a big talent/name WR signed quickly. (Not Owens funny man)

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
1) A scary thought is becoming an old fart celebrating the past in my Pre 97 style Packer jersey(more stripes on sleeves and made by Starter) like my Dad in the 80's with his #66 jersey. Maybe I am old.

Your Old Man really had a great knowledge of the game by wearing 66, I have one 66 jersey of my own, have never been worn, I don´t know I just dont fell that I am entitled to wear it, but I bet your dad an old time Packer Fan, sufering those bad 70´s and 80´s was more than entitled to wear it and did it proudly !!! Hey Ray would have been proud and happy to meet your dad at any game !!! Or bar watching a packers game !!!

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, there is much more to football--Sunday or Monday--than Brett Favre, and that just might be the reason he keeps surprising and coming back for more. And the economy has nothing to do with it, at least in his case. Now ESPN, that's a little different.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is goOd.......but not god!
He has the talent............it's the desire i wonder about. Bart Starr stuck around a few too many years. He had been beat up terribly, and should have quit. But no one wanted him to go! Favre still has his health, and talented cannon arm........he could play to 40 easily i think. He has to WANT to though.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
If Favre plays till he's 40 he should have shut his mouth about this retirement crap every year.

I couldn't agree more. I'm actually quite tired of this.

Members online

Latest posts