ESPN rports Favre will be back

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings fans are not so happy I bet!

not so fast my friend!! why wouldnt we? not saying i am estatic or anything but....
will be glad when he hangs it up for obvious reasons but after thinking about it and well, we might have something to say about the division this year.
Recently the nfc north was considered by most but not all to be the packers to win or lose. I dont think that is the case even without the man-child. FA opened with a bang for the Vikings and the reports so to speak kept coming.
Napolean Harris, Pat Williams, and the most recent Fred Smoot has definitely upgraded the Vikings defense and the same old story of guessing how the Vikings will play on defense is now put to bed. there will be explosions up the middle and the pass rush will be a force to be reckoned with. two shutdown corners who can tackle doesnt equate to the big plays as in the past. our LB staff though young will have someone in Harris who can call the plays in the huddle leaving the young guns with much speed and ability to close and defend to concentrate on their tasks only. now we come to the pass rush. and the run defense. :shock: Kevin "The Animal" Williams proved that he is worthy of his early pick in the draft. Udeze played hurt most of the season and even though his legs werent under him at the end, it is a very long season for a rookie. his corrective surgery on his shoulder was successful and the addition of Pat Williams will make all around him better.
The defense even though not the best in recent years was slowly getting better through the draft. the additions of Kevin Williams and Kenechi Udeze is proving the Vikings are heading in the right direction. Building a defense from front to back.
Now its draft time again and the Vikings have two first rounders.

So i have good reason for farve to stay.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome back Vikes.... Where ya been?

I've been warning these guys that the Black & Blue Division is back and with a pretty big ROAR at that.... Have you been watchin' what's goin' on over Soldier & Ford Fields? I think each Division Team will have a full plate this year... it looks like the NFC West (Niners?) will have the worst Division this year.

Hey Vikes - what's the word about Sharper stoppin' by the Dome?
Will he sign up? Or not? Congrats on gettin' Fred Smoot - good catch!

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey boss...
glad ya missed me!!! lol :roll: :D I've been lurking waiting on this moment. I didnt want to step on my cash and prizes with foregone conclusions!
I have been checking out the others have been doing but i think we get the better grade out of everyone in the league this time around. Used to be that the vikes would not even be a player in FA, what a turn around.
I have heard that sharper is there poking around but no official word as of yet. The pack is not as bad off as some would make it but they need to draft Olineman in the draft for sure. I would also think about drafting a QB for ol farmveboy to mentor. Heard that the pack is high on Charlie Frye from Akron. Any truth to that? There are sure more than a handful of qb's in this draft that will go on day one, but i think there is another Tom Brady in the 05 draft.
Will the Pack draft a QB with the first round pick or risk it and wait on further rounds or even years? Risky business there for sure. Well if they do draft a QB it will awful hard to fill Brett's shoes so he better be somebody that at least has some talent and moxy. will this end an era for the gunslinger mentality or will the Pack try to find someone who will fit the Favre mold?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While everyone leans in the direction of the Brett Favre role model... for a QB --- I'm not so sure we need a Gunslinger..... I "do think" that we need a smart QB.... along the lines of a Tom Brady.... Not to say Brett isn't pretty savvy..... But, I would give this distinction...

In today's NFL - we have either a Favre wannabe out there - OR, we have the Brady type. Now, most pundits will review Brady and temper what they've seen so far with a grain of salt... and aver that if Tom was on just about any other Team, he wouldn't have all those SuperBowl rings....

And, I'd tend to agree. I think quite a few QB's out there are just as good as Brady, if not better. There was last years' Pats game against the Dolphins (was Bates the HC by then?) and we all watched how the Dolphins pretty much "owned" Tom Brady - I think he had (what) three picks that game?

When push comes to shove - I'd say the Daunte is of the Favre mold.
In Detroit and not for the injuries, then their QB would be more like Brady. In Chicago - I haven't really seen the new QB play... so, I'll reserve judgement. Maybe some of you guys can lend a hand here....

There's one QB in the history of the NFL that sorta matches together the strengths of both Brett & Tom... and that's Bart Starr! Starr was one savvy QB - who KNEW how to read screens, - the whole bit - If we had some of those games on film - I think you'd see that not too many guys ever got to Bart... for the QB sack... very very few! And his passes were almost always on the money every time. Brett may out last him... in the number of games, etc... But Bart did it with fewer games played each season. AND, he won more Championships.... go back & look! It always got to Fran Tarkenton that he couldn't match stats with Bart Starr - that's why he sat on his helmet after losing that SuperBowl... and cried! He knew his time was over.... And so it goes!

Will Brett get us another SuperBowl? No one knows! Maybe ... maybe not!

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh the debate goes on. the pure pocket passer or the gunslinger pull em outta my butt more often that not. I like em both. i vaguely remember Bart but his legend lives on through great folk like you. i barely remember Fran also. I cant believe its been 22 years since the last trip to the big one.

Well as for Brett and your SB aspirations.....let's not spoil our good time now. I think that the Vikings and their fans deserve their(our) day in the sun. Favre has had a great run and yes a swan song would be a nice ending to a HOF career but it is time to move on and pass that torch to daunte.
The new bearer of the NFC Torch!

walker84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are a far better team now without Moss. He didnt take after Cris Carter like he was supposed too. I remember when he first came into the league and they had a special on about Moss and Carter. They talked about how Moss was going to change his ways and how much time the two receivers spent together. Moss never changed his ways. I actually like the Vikings alot more now with Moss gone. :mrgreen:

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'll end up liking Moss now that he's out of GB's hair, and paired up with Kerry Collins(one of my favorite non Packers). I won't be a fan or anything, but I think Collins' big arm and Moss' big play ability will be a thing to watch.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
actually like the Vikings alot more now with Moss gone
spare me :roll:

NEXT HATER PLEASE!!! :lol:

No hating here. I honestly think the Vikings are a better TEAM with out him. When the vikings slammed the pack at home in the playoffs last year, did anyone really talk about that? No, they instead focus'd their attention on moss' antics after he scored a TD. That is selfish and understated stated what the vikings had accomplished.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
vikes93animal said:
actually like the Vikings alot more now with Moss gone
spare me :roll:

NEXT HATER PLEASE!!! :lol:

No hating here. I honestly think the Vikings are a better TEAM with out him. When the vikings slammed the pack at home in the playoffs last year, did anyone really talk about that? No, they instead focus'd their attention on moss' antics after he scored a TD. That is selfish and understated stated what the vikings had accomplished.

I was stating, that the view of moss is way overstated. Randy continues to get the bad rap. Its not his fault that you choose to believe that he does the antics to draw attention to himself only. i think in the locker room after the playoff victory he was asked about what he thought of what people are going to say about his antics and he replied something to the effect; "i dont care what they talk about....they better be talking bout that "W" we hung on em up there in lambeau!"
We all know WR's are the most selfish bunch and look at them. They all think that they are pretty boys. narcissistic to say the least. So he doesnt fit the midwest mold even though he really does. The man loves to fish and is a big hick just like your boy favre. So why does everyone hate on moss? Because he is not media friendly. He doesnt sit there and wow the press with eloquence and insight. Is that his fault? No.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
I was stating, that the view of moss is way overstated. Randy continues to get the bad rap. Its not his fault that you choose to believe that he does the antics to draw attention to himself only. i think in the locker room after the playoff victory he was asked about what he thought of what people are going to say about his antics and he replied something to the effect; "i dont care what they talk about....they better be talking bout that "W" we hung on em up there in lambeau!"
We all know WR's are the most selfish bunch and look at them. They all think that they are pretty boys. narcissistic to say the least. So he doesnt fit the midwest mold even though he really does. The man loves to fish and is a big hick just like your boy favre. So why does everyone hate on moss? Because he is not media friendly. He doesnt sit there and wow the press with eloquence and insight. Is that his fault? No.

ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS...

Members online

Latest posts