ESPN reports possible trade for Marion Barber

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please no trade for Barber. We don't need another stop gap.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we had Ryan Grant... how effective was our play action?

With Bjax... how effective was our play action?

With Barber... how effective do you think our play action be?

How important is play action?

These are all semi-rhetorical.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I think it would be nice. Give us a different type of edge that we dont have. Lets see what happens.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some kind of trade like this would be nice to hear...... IN WEEK 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Although a big factor is the asking price. I think just as big of a factor is how well James Starks practiced today. Any update on how well James Starks practiced today?

Monday is usually an off day or film review day.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
1. Barber has like a $50M contract. Jones realizes he made a mistake paying him that much and wants to unload it on us. No thanks.
2. Barber has NOT been the barbarian since he got that contract.

At this point, anybody you bring in is a next year kind of guy. I don't want to pack to pickup Barber. That's just me. I'd rather muddle through the year, get some high draft picks, and draft a beast in the draft. As well as a kickoff/punt returner and more O-line guys. Yeah, I can't believe I'm already thinking of next year and the draft. Oy Yeh.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
i miss when me and marion the barbarian would play football in my backyard. we would joke about how hot pamela anderson was on baywatch and how Ryan Leaf was a present sent from heaven to the NFL

billysofly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah ther was a talk of a barber trade or a McGahee we wont know untill the deadline at 3 today

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, prepare to be dissapointed at 3pm today... Ted won't do a damn thing... unless somebody from a different teams practice squad gets released, then we might get some action..

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
You guy think maybe there is not enough free money to even pick up a big contract? I dont remember the figures, but wasnt the Packers financial statement sort of ****** this year?
Maybe Ted is just the front man to blame when he's told he has nothing to spend...?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no cap this year and we have one of the lowest payrolls in the league.. Money should have nothing to do with it, or I should say shouldnt have much to do with it, we need to keep a good portion to resign some guys, but we still have space for another big contract with that money aside..

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that, but depending on what the cap would be, we are a ways under the cap that was said last year, we have room.. The cap will only go up from where it was...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no cap this year and we have one of the lowest payrolls in the league.. Money should have nothing to do with it, or I should say shouldnt have much to do with it, we need to keep a good portion to resign some guys, but we still have space for another big contract with that money aside..
Of course we need some $$$$$ to sign a few guys..........but how much $$$$$ are we going to save by letting Clifton, Tauscher and Hawk go???? Plenty, if you ask me its not going to be an issue. Anyone think these 3 guys will be back next year?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Seems to me that if these talks did indeed happen, there would have been a trade by now. Unless of course, Dallas was asking too much. It appears as though TT is actually looking for a RB, but we know our GM so he's looking for the right price. I'm sure if the asking price was low enough, something would have happened already, so my doubts about this happen are mounting pretty high now.

jakeslaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade deadline?

when exactly does the trade deadline come up?? Will be watching sportscenter in hopes that TT decides to get a clue. :viksux:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts