ESPN magazine rankings

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just looking at my ESPN magazine and their annual NFL issue. They rank the packers #1 in the NFC north and have us with a predicted finish of 9-7. Ok a little low for my taste but watever. Now after us they have the Bears @ #2 with a 9-7 record also, and the vikings with the same record. 3 wins for the lions if anyone cares.

Football Outsiders (not a huge fan as it always seems they crap on the pack) also does a simulation of the 2010 season 10,000 times. They avg it out to 9.4 wins for the pack. Same as the cardinals, and .2 less than the Falcons.

Jaws says the Vikings are the team to beat (I agree since they kicked our ***) in the NFC north, Gruden loves the packers, and they both give a little love to the other two teams.

Thoughts?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts? Who cares! Pre-season rankings are just as worthless as weekly power rankings and do little more than provide meaningless drivel for people to talk about.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. If you don't like it, I have others. :biggrin:

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree 9-7 would be bad even if we get in the playoffs...

I really don't want us playing in any domes until the SB, and a lot of top NFC contenders have domes...

New Orleans
Minnesota
Dallas
Atlanta

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The players survey is pretty interesting so if your standing in line at the supermarket check it out

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wow 9-7?

I could see that with how the defense might not be up to par..

But interesting about the Vikings..

Bretts site some people are saying the Viks will be 15- or 14-2

LOL

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gruden loves every team anyone else is talking about, so his opinion doesn't mean much, imo. I like Jaws, but disagree with him on the Yikes. The Interceptor hasn't had 2 good back to back years since his MVP years, and his receiving corps looks to be the weakest he's ever had to deal with. Peterson won't last the year if he has to carry 30 times per game.

Bears suck. The Lions will be improved.

Packers 12 and 4
Yikes 8 and 8
Bears 6 and 10
Lions 6 and 10

I could be wrong: The Pack could win 14 games and have home field throughout the playoffs. Who knows

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts