ESPN Head Coach Approval Ratings

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

MM has moved up from dead last in week 1 to 30th in week 2. So things could be worse. We could have Art Shell!

Not the most scientific of polls. Lovie Smith is second to Brad Childress while only getting 94% approval -- I guess not even getting the Bears to outscore their opponents 60-7 is good enough to satisfy everyone.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, Art Shell is a good coach. Oakland is a great example of what happens when you have an owner who won't let the football people run things. Al still thinks it's 1975.

Art Shell produced a winner in his last get-go there. What happened was their personnel people kept leaving and the team has been lacking talent for a number of years now. They put together a good team when they lost the Super Bowl, but it's been all downhill.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If 0 - 2 Art Shell (NOW) can be called a good coach, so can Mike McCarthy.

Art Shell prevously coached in a different era before free agency and all that jazz.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.st Childress

2 nd Lovie

4 th. Payton.

The first 2 our hated rivals,,, also 1 st and 4 th guys we could have got...

And our coach is down the bottom, well just like the place he´s got for his team...

Can this change??? Dont think so...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Art Shell staffed his team with guys who have been out of the league for years, and I think it is legitimate to ask if the game has passed them by.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
Not the most scientific of polls. Lovie Smith...94% approval
6% of the people in Chicago are racists? Only logical explaination I can think up.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone explain to me what Rod Marinelli has done better than MM?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would put Marinelli over McCarthy at this point. I think Detroit did a great job against a good Seattle team. We both lost to the Bears but at least they scored. We lost to the Aint's and alot of it was because of poor coaching and the inability to adjust. They lost to 2 good teams we lost to 1 good team and a mediocre one.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I would put Marinelli over McCarthy at this point. I think Detroit did a great job against a good Seattle team. We both lost to the Bears but at least they scored. We lost to the Aint's and alot of it was because of poor coaching and the inability to adjust. They lost to 2 good teams we lost to 1 good team and a mediocre one.

So scoring 13 pts total this season is better than 27? They don't have a run game, either. Their defense isn't any better than ours at this point. I'd put them on equal balance at most.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
pyledriver80 said:

So scoring 13 pts total this season is better than 27? They don't have a run game, either. Their defense isn't any better than ours at this point. I'd put them on equal balance at most.

Two years ago I would have never dreamed that we'd be sitting around at this time arguing about who is the worse team, the Lions or the Packers.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Cory said:
pyledriver80 said:

Two years ago I would have never dreamed that we'd be sitting around at this time arguing about who is the worse team, the Lions or the Packers.

You got that right Lare.

That's a real mind blower, that one.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently, nobody comes crashing down faster than TT either.

The NFL isn't Madden, boy..

Members online

Latest posts