ESPN Expert says look for Woodson to come to GB....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am watching ESPN and one of their "Experts"(he might not know ****) said that the teams in the running for Woodson are GB and TB.

If TB is wanting Woodson to be a safety, look for Woodson to come to GB.

Thats what this "expert" says, anyway. Just throwing it out there.

Supposedly there is more money in being a CB. however, we know how frugal TT is!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is a cancer. If he comes here and keeps his mouth shut it would be ok but hopefully if it happens it will be no more than a 2-3 year deal.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I(myself) dont think it will be more than a 1 year thing, 2 years MAX..

even if the contract says 6 years.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too would like to see a short deal, pyledriver, but the 7 year contract tt gave to Bubba makes me think he would be willing to make it long term.

At the moment I'm hoping this works out, even though a lot of big FAs turn out to be duds, a big name still adds a comfort factor

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you're right tromadz...although I heard as our back up plan, we have an up-and-comer at cb...some cahmad, aarrol guy...I forget exactly, you might know the name, trom :)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the longer the contract is, the less likely it will be that long.

I looked at the salary cap info on the main page, and although I couldnt find info on franks deal, I am pretty sure it is backloaded, which means...when the years roll around where bubba will be getting real real fat paychecks, he will be released from the team or traded.

bubba base salary is small, and his bonus wasn't too bad.

id expect if woodson came though, everything would be small, but his bonus. Unless it was really high in incentives.

I hope he gets signed regardless though.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would just assume have Plummer but Woodson, though overrated, would be a nice addition. This guy can go south quick though if not coached properly. He did it in Oakland with BC. I hope our rookie coach can handle him

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I hope you're right tromadz...although I heard as our back up plan, we have an up-and-comer at cb...some cahmad, aarrol guy...I forget exactly, you might know the name, trom :)

:in darth vader voice: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Id rather have that kid from NFL Europe.

Therozine? whatever....he seems to be having fun in Europe. I wonder what HIS mugshot looks like.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
the longer the contract is, the less likely it will be that long.

I am pretty sure it is backloaded, which means...when the years roll around where bubba will be getting real real fat paychecks, he will be released from the team or traded.

bubba base salary is small, and his bonus wasn't too bad.

In other words Mike Wahle and Darren Sharper.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Id rather have that kid from NFL Europe.

Therozine? whatever....he seems to be having fun in Europe. I wonder what HIS mugshot looks like.

Therozine, sounds like a brand-name prescription medication

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard a report on a Green Bay TV station that ESPN has reported, that Charles Woodson is in Green Bay for a work out today.(Monday)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pwt36...that sounds legit...I believe it was reported last week that he'd be in either mon or tues this week.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to tell anything now. There have been two teams interested in him Green Bay and Tampa Bay. He has visited both and left both without a contract. I would assume GB would have a slight edge because they would use him as a CB not a Safety. Perhaps he is asking for too much money, which is entirely possible. He isn't worth elite CB money anymore. I wouldn't mind if we took a look at Plummer and got him instead.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope that TT signs some one to play opposite Al Harris...
..and by some one I don't mean a guy who had 12 tackles in NFL-Europe last season.

Members online

Latest posts