Espn announcers..

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SUCKED...

They were boring, didn't know what they were talking about 1/2 the time, and sounded like they just wanted to stir the pot of controversy. I'm sure they can't wait to announce a Dallas game.

And Tony Kornhole sucks..just outright sucks...Why do they even have him there? Dennis Miller was better, and I hate that *******!

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Radio announcers for Bengels on NFL sirius radio were worse. During weather break went into this whole conversaiton about who smelled the worst and needed deodorant, junior high humor and they really thought they were clever.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Radio announcers for Bengels on NFL sirius radio were worse. During weather break went into this whole conversaiton about who smelled the worst and needed deodorant, junior high humor and they really thought they were clever.

That must have been entertaining conversation. Ill have to look into sirius radio.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after favre's gaffe, kornheiser made me reach for the mute button faster than theissman, joe buck, tim mccarver, troy aikman, cris collinsworth, and any other sports announcer i dislike...though i give espn props for the super slow mo replays...

IronBMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was maybe the worst crew I've ever heard for a football game. All they did was gush about Carson Palmer, and when they weren't doing that, they were gushing about Favre. Geez, how about finding something else to talk about by the 4th quarter? Not to mention they called the game wrong half the time, confusing Jennings for Driver, etc...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I like how they said Mike Flannigan (sp?) retired.

He signed with the Texans. Either that was a diss on the Texans or poor research.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
1) why did PF.com PBP happen last night

2) Never question Tony

3) Its Joe Theisman that sucks not Tony

Honestly, I'm not sure. I think Ryan was a little iffy on it because I had a final exam at 6pm.

I was also iffy on it and did not announce information on it to get it attention. I didn't know how soon I'd be out of my exam until about 5:30 last night. No need to rush everything.

We're thinking of beginging the PbP this Friday. The only problem is Ryan is too busy and our schedules conflict to get all the details hammered out on this.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps the only thing worse than the pitiful performance of Woodson and Manuel was the joke of an announcing booth as was witnessed last night.

The only problem with the joke is -- that it wasn't even funny, rather sadly pathetic.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it was brutal alright. Kornheiser is not as dumb as Paul McGuire (nobody is), but he may as well be. He was trying really, really hard to find the lowest common denominator. Not just once, but twice, he explained to us that Mike McCarthy is a coach who most fans had not heard of before he was hired. Since he's paid to be an analyst, maybe he could've done a little research and told us whether or not he thinks McCarthy was a good hire.

But Theisman is what really makes ESPN broadcasts unbearable. I am seriously bummed that I am going to have to listen to that windbag every Monday night.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thesiman is terrible as always. Couldn't Taylor of broken his vocal chords instead. I don't mind Korny. He doesn't seem quit as tough in the booth as he likes to act on his show

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tricio was good. He always has been a solid play by play man.

Tony K wasn't as bad as people think. I think he'll get better.

Thiesman just makes it work. He goes back on his word all the time and thinks he knows everything. He proved he didn't do his homework when he stated Flanigan retired.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These guys will not be back on Monday night football next season. All they had to do was call and analyze the game. Theisman is a big mouth who loves to hear himself talk. Kornheiser is an opinionated slop. If this is the best ESPN has to offer they're in trouble.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but nobody could've been as bad as the CBS crew from the Tampa Bay/Jax game. Gumbel/Dierdorf. Thank God even though I have to put up with Joey T. and dryer-than-sandpaper Tricio, I don't have to Dierdorf every Mon. nite. Anyone else hear Gumbel/Dierdorf call the game?

packinducks76

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is that the only time I consistantly hear my dad drop the "f"-bomb is when Joe Theisman is commentating a game. While although it can be unbearably painful to listen to Theisman sometimes, it is also extremely entertaining when I watch games with my dad.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theismann is bad no matter how you cut it.
I never liked listening to Kornheiser and now having to look at him is even more painful.
Tirico does a good job.

ESPN is in trouble.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dierdorf uses a lot of quadruple negatives to make his point. Sounds really confusing. As for the MNF crew, I don't think they realize that there are a lot of football fans who actually know something about the game. The continual flip flop from the obvious to the absurd is pretty annoying. I wish they would just **** very often.
Hammer

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JT Sucks and always has. He is in love with everyone who has ever played the game, and believes that he invented the game. Oh yeah, he also loves the sound of his own voice.

TK has improved somewhat, if only due to the fact that he was occasionally going after Joe for being an idiot.

MT seems inoccuous as a play by play man.

I have always felt that a 3 man booth is a tough dynamic to make work. I would LOVE to see Joey disappear, but don't know if Tony is suited to a 2 man booth.

Overall bad, but getting a little better.

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
SUCKED...

They were boring, didn't know what they were talking about 1/2 the time, and sounded like they just wanted to stir the pot of controversy. I'm sure they can't wait to announce a Dallas game.

And Tony Kornhole sucks..just outright sucks...Why do they even have him there? Dennis Miller was better, and I hate that *******!

It's amazing how a person can post on a Packer forum and complain about the announcers of a NFL football game. You have too much time on your hands.

If you don't like the announcers turn off the sound.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
TomAllen said:
SUCKED...

It's amazing how a person can post on a Packer forum and complain about the announcers of a NFL football game. You have too much time on your hands.

If you don't like the announcers turn off the sound.
Ah, dude, you just posted, too.
Hammer

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
You should be able to watch Tv with cooresponding announcers.

Unfortunately we are unable to control what announcers are hired by the networks. Life is tough ain't it.

Members online

Latest posts