1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

erm not sure what to title this

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by scotscheese, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I agree with you that it is too bad the way it ended.
    But for those of us who hated what BF did, it ended happily when he threw away the playoff, just like he did for the Packers for all those years, for the Vikings against the Taints.

From watching all those throws and completions and interceptions I think it was more luck than skill.
    And for Air-Run, it's the opposite.
    Air-Run comes in better prepared and makes smart throws and even though there have been times when he's been criticized for hanging onto the ball too long, at least he didn't just chuck it down the field hoping it would be caught by the right player as Brett did.

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    So can I entice you to change your forum name to Forget ***** ? :sneaky:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294
    I'll tell you one thing's for sure ... I get real tired of fans of other teams telling me how I'm supposed to feel about all this Favre business. Buzz off, I say. I saw my first game in person as a 10-year-old in 1982 and I've been to darn well over 120 games since then - most of which were in the 80's, when we were terrible. Just got my season tickets, too - after waiting 28 years for them. I was a Packer fan LONG before Burnt Barve came to town, and I'll be one for LONG after the clown left town on Ted Thompson's boot heel. We're all allowed to see it how we see it and it doesn't make any of us right or wrong, it just is what it is. But no Bears fan, or any other fan is gonna tell me about jack nothing

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    We? I can guarntee you I know a lot more than 1% of what happened..

One way to learn was to read everything that was put in the media..There were a few skip ups by Brett...Not just change of mind, but in one week flip flopped on same questions

• Like Like x 1
  5. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    My comments are in black, everything else are quotes from him

I always liked Ted and I don't want to say I dislike him now," he said. "I'm disappointed."
    Ted and I, I thought, have always had a good relationship. We don't talk a whole lot. We don't go out and eat and shoot the bull. But on three different occasions -- I don't want to say "lied," I think that's kind of a harsh word, but I think "untruth" or whatever is better. When first he took over as the GM, I was wishy-washy on my decision, if that's what you went to call it.

Then this from the Greta interview

Exclusive: Brett Favre 'On the Record' - Greta Van Susteren | On The Record With Greta - FOXNews.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thompson flew to Favre's Mississippi home, and the quarterback thought the general manager was there to ask him to come back. Instead, Thompson told him that the team was going to do something special for him: dismantle his locker and send it to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dont care how they supposedly treated him up until this point...

He should not call out Ted for telling "untruths" then not tell them his true feelings such as telling Ted great about the locker.

If you hate Ted doing that then dont do it your self..that is called hypocrisy

Brett heard crickets? cuz he did say MM was calling him every week..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,382744,00.html
    Mike McCarthy called every week. Mike would call, Hey, how's things going, you know? Where are you at with your decision?

Favre says of situation: 'This probably isn't going to work' - NFL - ESPN
    "Then," Favre said, "they tried to buy me off to stay retired."

Again is this a lie or untruth to sway public opinion? Wtf? One week to AL Jones it WASNT a bribe then the VERY next week he changes it to a bribe?

Those things are black and white to me..No fine line, no different ways to interrupt his words..

6. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +869
    LOL, I was about to calculate it myself when I decided to keep reading the remaining posts and found that you have already done the math. Hilarious!

Well done, Poppa San!

7. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    I'm not suggesting that there aren't damning comments made by all the parties, but I would still say that no one knows more than 1% of what really happened(hyperbole but reality). It was a divorce. There was his side, her side and the truth. It doesn't make the husband or wife bad people. It just ends a marriage. If I were to base my conclusions of how things really happened and why from the media, I would have to conclude that the government shutdown was a tea-party problem and that the civil war was fought over slavery.

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Both were to blame, but I know more than 1% of what happened

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I think everyone knows more than 1% of what happened.... I would even venture to say....95% :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,409
    I suppose I'm in the minority, but I could have cared less where he went so long as he was gone. I wished it had happened in the early 2000's.

Brett came to care more about being Brett than winning.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. PackerFlatLander

Ratings:
    +294
    This is conjuring up other memories of that ill-fated, ridiculous TV interview with Greta Van Bugga-Boo Eyes ... he tells her that he "can't and doesn't trust Ted Thompson", all because he didn't sign Randy Moss, like Favre asked him to do, and all this and all that. Huh??? Excuse me, but who the hell are you? You are NOT the GM or personnel or talent acquisition director of this team. Having Randy Moss, would not have helped one iota vs. the Giants, considering that Al Harris got burned all day by Plaxico, etc.

I'm glad that Ted stood his ground the entire time and showed the ego king who is boss. The last I checked, Jordy Nelson and James Jones have Super Bowl rings while Randy Moss has none. Score? Ted - 1, Favre - 0.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977

He did have Moss in Minny ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. PackerFlatLander

Ratings:
    +294
    Is that a fact? In that case, there's a need for a score revision ...

Ted - 2
    Favre - 0

I'll tell ya ... when Favre threw that pick against the Saints, I was so happy, I ran out the back of the bar and ran around the place in a circle three times. Not because it screwed the Vikings - I cared less who he played for. I was happy because his ill-fated "stick it to Ted" (when, uh, Ted did nothing wrong to the dude) world tour ended in an epic fail, which, was hilarious. Then, one glorious year later, Ted, Mike, and Aaron are holding the Lombardi Trophy. F'ing hysterical. I couldn't make it up if I tried, LOL.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,029
    No trophies, plaques, or parades. Just piles of cash in small denominations.

15. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,889
    awards-and-recognition-trophy-500x500.jpg

We had this one for the most annoying Lions fan on the site, but none came. You can have it anyway ;)

16. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +158
    thanks, very informative

17. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    I thought about it, but never implemented that, lol. :) But, not completely ruled out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,889
    yeah, but could you also do it for Craig Jenkins too ?

19. PackerFlatLander

Ratings:
    +294
    You mean Cullen? Yeah - there's yet another epic fail attempt to drive a "stick it to Ted" world tour bus. Too bad the wheels fell off, no different than the Favre or Jennings situations. Quite comical, if you ask me.

20. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,889
    No bud, that pun died right there....lol I was being sarcastic about Greg Jennings :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    How to find a bunch of random Packers fans in a crowd. Just mention the name Favre and start asking questions then grab some popcorn, sit back and watch the fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That or say loudly, "4th and 26". That should also do the trick.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  23. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Somebody on occasion tries to make the argument that Favre was a good passer. This is in fact true, he was good at completing passes but more often than not the players he completed the passes to were not wearing green and yellow.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett seemed to have poor timing with some of his picks. It seemed that many of his occurred at critical stages of the game whether it be tied or needing to take the lead. I know its never a good time for an interception but this perception sticks with me.

I also wish I didn't have thinner hair and thanks to Brett Favre I have considerable less than I would have otherwise :)

25. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,017
    Look, within 1 month of his "retirement" the Bus was shopping him around the league (Farmer, LA Times). The Mississippi Missile merely wanted his release from the Packers to join the Vikings--just has he requested from the Jets--but TT wouldn't play his game. The guy burned more bridges leaving the Packers than Sherman did in Georgia. Here's a question for the thinking: How many Championships would Lombardi have won with the QB wearing no. 4? Better yet: How many games would he have played for Lombardi? Starr was, and remains, the greatest QB of the Packers of all time. Our overseas fans should spend some time researching his career, not the interception king's.

• Agree Agree x 1