Erik Walden charged with disordely conduct

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds like me and my ex..

But she threw a dog gate at me..The kid you put in door ways to keep dogs and kids out of areas..Smacked me in face and then she went after me trying to punch..I blocked her punches and she got bruises on her wrists..

I was 6 foot, 220 and she 4'10" 90 pounds..
Yeah, First marriage was hell, second one is wonderful. Any way nuff on this thread.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasnt being judgmental with Erik tho?
I don't think there is a difference in someone as you say convicting him without all the evidence being available but then asking for an apology when he has been released without the process being complete. There's a disconnect there to me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a difference in someone as you say convicting him without all the evidence being available but then asking for an apology when he has been released without the process being complete. There's a disconnect there to me.

I said this 4 times now..If you dont want to give an apology, for blaming HIM w/o facts thats fine..Just want to know WHY....

Now she says it was her...Why not blame HER and say he was innocent?? Because people can't believe she did the abuse, think it is a lie just to get money...Well thats not right either....

I feel like I am a horrible person for saying wait till all the facts come out..Or at least until a trial if there is one..

Just hope if I ever need a jury I get what the systems says I am entitled to... innocent until proven guilty

So I am done...My opinion is not being understood, maybe I am not explaining it right..But no sense in keep going back and forth

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think I can help you out, longtimefan. First, it is human nature not to want to admit a mistake. It's not at the "fight or flight" level but still a strong inclination. Second, although it seems unlikely with the girlfriend's change of story, Walden may end up being convicted of something associated with this incident. So there's a chance those, that upon the first report proclaimed Walden guilty, will feel vindicated after jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts. They can then avoid admitting a mistake even though IMO upon further review they did no matter the outcome. The issue IMO is that none of us knew anything about the story when it broke except the girlfriend went to the hospital and Walden went to jail. For those who see the world, or these situations at least, as black and white (and not both parties being partially at fault), they had a 50/50 shot when jumping to the conclusion Walden was at fault. And to be fair, in spite of the anecdotal evidence presented in this thread to the contrary, statistics show it is the male in these situations usually mostly at fault.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the risk of incurring additional wrath I want to make one final comment on this. Walden has not been declared innocent at this point. Brown County District Attorney John Zakowski is determining if Walden will be charged when he goes to court December 7 with domestic abuse, disorderly conduct or nothing at all. As far as her changing her story he is quoted as saying "it's not unusual for victims in domestic abuse cases to lie, because they often decide they don't want their loved one charged with a crime."

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with all of what you just posted, 13 Times Champs. Particularly with the obvious point he may be charged with something or nothing at all. And I'll add he may have caused her injuries or he may not have. That is the point of not jumping to conclusions.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Walden has not been declared innocent at this point."

And he never will be. Courts do not find individuals to be innocent. They are either found "guilty" or "not guilty"; not "guilty" or "innocent". That's part of the problem -- even if he is innocent the stigma will remain.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he never will be. Courts do not find individuals to be innocent. They are either found "guilty" or "not guilty"; not "guilty" or "innocent". That's part of the problem -- even if he is innocent the stigma will remain.
ok then he hasn't been declared not guilty. :rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Until news comes one way or the other this will be locked...We are just butting heads, no need to cause arguments when not needed

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/135156348.html

GREEN BAY - The attorney for Erik Walden says that the Packers linebacker will be charged with disorderly conduct. He allegedly assaulted his girlfriend over Thanksgiving weekend.
The Brown County District Attorney told TODAY'S TMJ4's Tom Murray that he would not seek additional jail time for Walden.

District Attorney John Zakowski had options of pursuing domestic violence charges that could bring time behind bars, a lesser disorderly conduct misdemeanor that could be resolved with paying a fine, or dropping the case completely.
“It’s the kind of case where it’s not only a matter of trying to find out what took place, but what you can prove,” said Zakowski.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If found guilty he will probably pay just a small fine, if he has no serious priors. I can't imagine the team or the league would take any action.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't know. I'm not sure I like the idea of someone representing the Packers who is as big as he is and needs to push women around to make his point. I guess the funny thing is, I would probably ok if he got arrested for a bar fight with other big men. But pushing women around? C'mon man.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know. I'm not sure I like the idea of someone representing the Packers who is as big as he is and needs to push women around to make his point. I guess the funny thing is, I would probably ok if he got arrested for a bar fight with other big men. But pushing women around? C'mon man.

Can you show me where it says he pushed a lady around?

I see where she did the abuse, but nothing about him?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
After a week and a half of reflection and further investigation, it’s clear from the district attorney’s perspective that the initial charge was inappropriate,” Richards said.

“Now, looking back, he feels something occurred — whatever it was — and it was no more than a disorderly conduct.

“I don’t know that Mr. Walden started it, and my investigation says no

Members online

Latest posts