Erik Walden charged with disordely conduct

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish here Long Time Fan. This is your second post in this regard as to an apology being needed to Walden. He's been released on bond. I previously stated women often recant physical violence attacks on themselves. I am not convinced he isn't guilty. You won't get an apology from me.

I think the ones that found him guilty and wanted him cut w/o evidence need to say sorry..Those are the ones where their 1st post was cut him...they didnt even wait for facts

Forgive me for wanting people to man up to their mistakes..I have done it a few times...

And if they arent willing to, then I am curious as to why?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
1st page filled up in hour and a half with mostly, cut him, get rid of him, he is scum..

Since released and no charges filed, took almost most a full day to half of those are talking about justice sytstem..

Tells me so fast to convict, but dont want to say sorry

Why???
No charges filed YET! He still has a court date on the 7th.

While I don't see him being charged at this point, mainly because his girlfriend has changed her story. Which one of her stories is true, we will never know. It does not mean he is innocent, it means there would not be enough evidence to charge him. (If of course he did it.) The down side is, if he did, he will more than likely do it again. If it was just an accident, then we will hear no more. I hope for her sake it was the latter.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No charges filed YET! He still has a court date on the 7th.

While I don't see him being charged at this point, mainly because his girlfriend has changed her story. Which one of her stories is true, we will never know. It does not mean he is innocent, it means there would not be enough evidence to charge him. (If of course he did it.) The down side is, if he did, he will more than likely do it again. If it was just an accident, then we will hear no more. I hope for her sake it was the latter.

Point is (people are missing this)

No facts came out and people ASSUMED he was guilty...

That is my only issue...Yes you are very right, maybe he did do it, and might be found guilty..But wait till it is announced..Dont convict until then

D

Dan115

His next day in court is not till 7 Dec. I wonder if he will practice this week as well as play.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the ones that found him guilty and wanted him cut w/o evidence need to say sorry..Those are the ones where their 1st post was cut him...they didnt even wait for facts

Forgive me for wanting people to man up to their mistakes..I have done it a few times...

And if they arent willing to, then I am curious as to why?
Well I gave you my reasons.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's my apology, just for longtimefan. This is the first paragraph I posted on this thread:

Innocent until proven guilty is the legal standard and rightly so, but that doesn't apply to public opinion and IMO it shouldn't. Otherwise you would have to say it was wrong to conclude OJ Simpson guilty before the verdict - and after that travesty of justice, thereafter. Of course that doesn't mean jumping to conclusions before knowing any, most, or all of the facts is right. IMO we just don't know enough about what happened to draw any conclusions at this point.

I added the emphasis. Sorry for being so reasonable.
:D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On the 1st page there are eight.....Yes 8 people that have convicted him...That doesnt include 13 and Jack..

I didnt even go to the 2nd page

D

Dan115

Do you have a link to an apology???

Green Bay -- One day after appearing in court, Erik Walden was in the Packers' locker room Tuesday. The outside linebacker is currently involved in an ongoing domestic-assault case with his girlfriend.
Without getting into the case or his status for this weekend, Walden apologized several times.
"I want to apologize to entire organization, my teammates and the fans," Walden said. "It's an ongoing process and I respect that process. It's just unfortunate that I brought something negative for so much positive that's going on with this organization. I'm cooperating fully."
After spending the weekend in jail, there was a new development in Walden's case Monday. District Attorney John Zakowski indicated that his girlfriend's story had changed. Initially, she had told authorities that Walden hit her. Now, Zakowski says, the accuser says she hit Walden first and he was acting in self-defense.
Walden's girlfriend received four stitches to her forehead and injured her thumb.
"It's an ongoing process," Walden said. "And again, I want to elaborate on I apologize to this organization, my teammates and definitely the fans."
When asked if he's resigned to the fact that he may not play Sunday against the New York Giants, Walden said "absolutely." It's hard to imagine any action from the league yet since the case is ongoing. Walden's next hearing is Dec. 7. Zakowski is still determing if charges are possible, difficult considering the changing story.
"Again, I just want to apologize," Walden said. "I feel terrible about the situation. I'm just ready to move on and play football."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Green Bay -- One day after appearing in court, Erik Walden was in the Packers' locker room Tuesday. The outside linebacker is currently involved in an ongoing domestic-assault case with his girlfriend.
Without getting into the case or his status for this weekend, Walden apologized several times.
"I want to apologize to entire organization, my teammates and the fans," Walden said. "It's an ongoing process and I respect that process. It's just unfortunate that I brought something negative for so much positive that's going on with this organization. I'm cooperating fully."
After spending the weekend in jail, there was a new development in Walden's case Monday. District Attorney John Zakowski indicated that his girlfriend's story had changed. Initially, she had told authorities that Walden hit her. Now, Zakowski says, the accuser says she hit Walden first and he was acting in self-defense.
Walden's girlfriend received four stitches to her forehead and injured her thumb.
"It's an ongoing process," Walden said. "And again, I want to elaborate on I apologize to this organization, my teammates and definitely the fans."
When asked if he's resigned to the fact that he may not play Sunday against the New York Giants, Walden said "absolutely." It's hard to imagine any action from the league yet since the case is ongoing. Walden's next hearing is Dec. 7. Zakowski is still determing if charges are possible, difficult considering the changing story.
"Again, I just want to apologize," Walden said. "I feel terrible about the situation. I'm just ready to move on and play football."

You need to provide a link

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/full-list-of-rules-must-read-for-members.29585/

Stop Making Duplicate Threads, USE SEARCH:
Stop making new threads on stuff that is being discussed already. I am tired of merging threads. We have a fire MM thread. We have a special teams thread. We have a thread with everything you want to discuss. Take the extra 2 minutes and find them. This is a serious one since it takes a lot of time for the moderators to continuously merge threads that have been duplicated over and over again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought this pertained to the Erik Walden thread.

wrong one..

Posting Articles:
There has been a number of occasions where a user wants to post an article from another site. We are completely IN FAVOR of posting articles from another since that creates a good discussion on this site. However, there are some guidelines that need to be followed.

The most basic concept when posting articles from another site is to NOT copy the entire article and post it on this site. Ideally, you would ONLY be copying the first couple of paragraphs with a link back to the original article. Also, you should wrap those couple of paragraphs in a quote tag.

The one thing that NEVER should be done is copying articles from PAY sites. We do not allow this at all and could get us in trouble if we post content from paid sites.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You don't see this a whole lot on our team, our players are always out of trouble, hopefully he learned his lesson. He wouldn't be playing if we didn't have someone injured.

That's one thing you can't say about the Pack, we don't go after those "bad boy" reputation players like the Jets do (Plaxico, Santonio Holmes) or the Eagles (Vick)

This one incident may make us look bad to some, but you have to remember we aren't signing all the super bad boys that stay in trouble, so it don't really bother me.

D

Dan115

wrong one..

Posting Articles:
There has been a number of occasions where a user wants to post an article from another site. We are completely IN FAVOR of posting articles from another since that creates a good discussion on this site. However, there are some guidelines that need to be followed.

The most basic concept when posting articles from another site is to NOT copy the entire article and post it on this site. Ideally, you would ONLY be copying the first couple of paragraphs with a link back to the original article. Also, you should wrap those couple of paragraphs in a quote tag.

The one thing that NEVER should be done is copying articles from PAY sites. We do not allow this at all and could get us in trouble if we post content from paid sites.

OK, No need to start a new thread- just don't copy the entire article, that is what you are saying- Correct?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, No need to start a new thread- just don't copy the entire article, that is what you are saying- Correct?

Indeed. Copying the entire article is an infringement of copyrights. If you want to post an article, only copy less than a paragraph or a few key sentences from the article and use quotes:

your article content

Also be sure to provide a link to the original source of the media.

D

Dan115

Indeed. Copying the entire article is an infringement of copyrights. If you want to post an article, only copy less than a paragraph or a few key sentences from the article and use quotes:

Also be sure to provide a link to the original source of the media.

Sure I can live with that.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the 1st page there are eight.....Yes 8 people that have convicted him...That doesnt include 13 and Jack..

I didnt even go to the 2nd page

I feel like you think people owe YOU an apology, and I think you need to get over it. We're entitled to have opinions, and I'm not going to apologize for mine. I for one remain skeptical, finding it awful convenient that she just suddenly changed her story.

In fact, it sounds like District Attorney John Zakowski agrees with me:
"It may be she says she never really did change her story, that is what she said from the get-go and it was misreported. We're in the process of looking at that as well. In domestic violence, many times there's an incident and then after the initial shock or pain subsides then there's the realization that we just want to make it go away. This is someone who's a breadwinner, this is someone who they've been with a number of years. There's a number of reasons why that can happen."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134630518.html

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like you think people owe YOU an apology, and I think you need to get over it. We're entitled to have opinions, and I'm not going to apologize for mine. I for one remain skeptical, finding it awful convenient that she just suddenly changed her story.

In fact, it sounds like District Attorney John Zakowski agrees with me:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134630518.html

Thats fine..I feel you should say sorry, you dont..End of story...not going to cause a scene cuz your sticking to your beliefs..

All I wanted to know was WHY people wouldnt say sorry..I asked a few times

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Erik received a game ball after the Lions game.

Maybe he spiked it out of excitement at his house and it bounced up awkwardly and hit his girl. Or tried to throw it like the guy for the giants that accidentally hit the camera man in the face.

Reaction score
karma wise, we could probably win it in spite of walden's bad juju being on the roster,
example: Big Ben won that superbowl ahead of kurt warner and larry fitzgerald.... Kurt (disney movie life) Warner got robbed for Big (probably guilty) Rothaothelaishpsburger ... Karma be taking naps like a mo fo. :eek:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
You know everyone needs to let this run it's course before making judgements. I don't want to minimize violence against women. It is a serious problem and the laws for an immediate arrest exist because in many cases the victim is in fear for her life and won't press charges on her own.

That being said. My ex was a very violent person and there was one occcasion in which she was physically attacking me. I don't remember what with but i remember it was hurting so I pushed her away. I'm 6'2' and back then weighted about 230 and was a rock, she was 98 pounds soaking wet. My intent was not to hurt her, just get her off me but, in the act she was hurt.

By today's laws I would have been arrested and if you look at a 6'2' 230lb guy against a little 98 pound woman. who would you think was the victim?

Am I making my point? Let the facts that eventually will come out loud and clear speak. In the meantime everything else is alleged and gossip.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You know everyone needs to let this run it's course before making judgements. I don't want to minimize violence against women. It is a serious problem and the laws for an immediate arrest exist because in many cases the victim is in fear for her life and won't press charges on her own.

That being said. My ex was a very violent person and there was one occcasion in which she was physically attacking me. I don't remember what with but i remember it was hurting so I pushed her away. I'm 6'2' and back then weighted about 230 and was a rock, she was 98 pounds soaking wet. My intent was not to hurt her, just get her off me but, in the act she was hurt.

By today's laws I would have been arrested and if you look at a 6'2' 230lb guy against a little 98 pound woman. who would you think was the victim?

Am I making my point? Let the facts that eventually will come out loud and clear speak. In the meantime everything else is alleged and gossip.

Wow, that sounds like me and my ex..

But she threw a dog gate at me..The kid you put in door ways to keep dogs and kids out of areas..Smacked me in face and then she went after me trying to punch..I blocked her punches and she got bruises on her wrists..

I was 6 foot, 220 and she 4'10" 90 pounds..

Members online

Latest posts