Erik Walden charged with disordely conduct

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She's changed her story; she is now saying that she went after him and he was defending himself. I hope it's true. And then I hope he gets out of that relationship.
Exactly on all counts there!
It's not always the guy's fault.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how many will say sorry for jumping to conclusions if this turns out to that his g/f did the hiting

Reaction score
I wonder how many will say sorry for jumping to conclusions if this turns out to that his g/f did the hiting
People need to learn innocent before proven guilty. Accusations mean almost nothing. To be honest, I think nobody should have reported the story in the first place because for every 10 people that heard that he got arrest, 1 will hear that he might be innocent and got out of jail.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. They wont' apologize. They are hastily. The people on this forum (as well as the majority of Americans) hate due process. They hate liberty and rights. They get emotional before logical and come to conclusions of guilt or innocence. It really is sickening. That is the biggest offense in this case. I would not want most of you ever on a jury because you would walk in and say "oh they were arrested and charged, they must be guilty." For Pete's sake, Walden hasn't even been charged and we were jumping to conclusions because you know any accusation=true.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. They wont' apologize. They are hastily. The people on this forum (as well as the majority of Americans) hate due process. They hate liberty and rights. They get emotional before logical and come to conclusions of guilt or innocence. It really is sickening. That is the biggest offense in this case. I would not want most of you ever on a jury because you would walk in and say "oh they were arrested and charged, they must be guilty." For Pete's sake, Walden hasn't even been charged and we were jumping to conclusions because you know any accusation=true.

Fraid so. Everyone wants to be judge, jury and executioner around here. Due process is for *******. Be a man. Be Rambo.....ok a little bit of exaggeration there, but sadly not too much.

As for Walden, relationships and domestic violence are very, VERY difficult issues to deal with. Repeated violence is obvious. It's abuse. But we all know that in a relationship things can happen and two fairly non-abusive people can lose control in a given situation--when they are provoked for example. Even in good relationships it happens. Hasty judgments just make it worse, but that's the burden of being a celebrity.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Actually, that's pretty common with domestic violence and abuse cases. It's ultimately up to the victim to decide whether to press charges or not, but calling the police to get a report made is fairly common.
Actually it is up to the DA whether to press charges. One of the things he has to take into consideration is if his "witness", in this case the girls with the stitches, will testify. If she says she won't, it will be hard to convict. So he may not press charges. As the case stands now, he has been released on bail until the DA determines if he can get a conviction. By the way his girlfriend is "Favreing", I expect no further hard charges to be filed. But we shall see. They can still charge him and try to work out a plea deal. That is why they have another court date for the 7th.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The people on this forum (as well as the majority of Americans) hate due process. They hate liberty and rights. They get emotional before logical and come to conclusions of guilt or innocence.

With this post, you are doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing, jumping to conclusions. And your offense is even more egregious than theirs: Those who wrongly jumped to the conclusion that Walden was guilty at least had some evidence for their opinion. It was either Walden, his girl friend, or more likely some combination of the two responsible for what happened that resulted in the girl friend's trip to the hospital. Where is your evidence the majority of Americans or forum members hate liberty? Or due process or their rights? Have the majority of forum members posted their opinions on this subject? That's beyond hyperbole; it's a gross exaggeration.

As I posted previously, innocent until proven guilty is a legal precept and rightly so. The public is not restrained by it, nor should they be. For example, do you think OJ Simpson murdered two people? He was found not guilty. Was it inappropriate for me and millions of others to conclude he did it after seeing and hearing the mountain of evidence which pointed to his guilt? Do you think Jerry Sandusky is a *********? If he's innocent until proven guilty in the court of public opinion, was Penn State wrong to fire their president and head football coach? If the majority of Americans hated due process, liberty and rights, we would see mob "justice" enforced on a regular basis. When was the last time you read or heard about a lynching in this country?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With this post, you are doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing, jumping to conclusions. And your offense is even more egregious than theirs: Those who wrongly jumped to the conclusion that Walden was guilty at least had some evidence for their opinion. It was either Walden, his girl friend, or more likely some combination of the two responsible for what happened that resulted in the girl friend's trip to the hospital. Where is your evidence the majority of Americans or forum members hate liberty? Or due process or their rights? Have the majority of forum members posted their opinions on this subject? That's beyond hyperbole; it's a gross exaggeration.

As I posted previously, innocent until proven guilty is a legal precept and rightly so. The public is not restrained by it, nor should they be. For example, do you think OJ Simpson murdered two people? He was found not guilty. Was it inappropriate for me and millions of others to conclude he did it after seeing and hearing the mountain of evidence which pointed to his guilt? Do you think Jerry Sandusky is a *********? If he's innocent until proven guilty in the court of public opinion, was Penn State wrong to fire their president and head football coach? If the majority of Americans hated due process, liberty and rights, we would see mob "justice" enforced on a regular basis. When was the last time you read or heard about a lynching in this country?

Please dont bring Sanusky in as a comparison...Sandusky was seen with witnesses...He was investigated sine 98 or 99...A grand jury had testimony.

Walden and Sanddusky are way way way different and you know it..

Not the charges, but what evidence there is...Public has much much more to go on with Sandusky..

Public only really had a sketchy report on what may have happened with Walden, that and only that is why we said dont pass judgment until we hear more.

The OJ thing that is a good comparison however..

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Walden had a fight with his girlfriend and she ended up with stitches in her head. How that happened only two people know. I don't expect it to go farther.

Sandusky, that smells of a a cover up by Penn State to save face.

OJ, Didn't kill anyone. But he knows who did.

And don't pass judgement until we here more. I will hold those statements to be true for all players on all teams in the future.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
You missed my point, longtimefan. PackwillBEback and Bensalama21, to name two, are advocating that we don't draw conclusions until people are proven guilty. Bensalama21 posted, "Accusations mean almost nothing." He and PackwillBEback are both going far beyond the Walden case, the latter talking about the majority of Americans. IMO most fair minded Americans know what Jerry Sandusky is, but he has not been proven guilty of anything. Both the OJ and Sandusky case make the point that the public can fairly draw conclusions before due process takes its course.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"With this post..."

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. People are in fact saying he is guilty, should be released, etc. THEY ARE jumping to conclusions. Those conclusions of guilt without assumption of innocence is anti-liberty AND anti-due process. I have clear evidence in their own words. So you are definitely wrong on this one. Couldn't be more wrong. To throw the book at a guy, want him fired from his job, to want him to pay the price before there is any proof of guilt then you are clearly anti-liberty, anti-freedom, anti-due process, and anti-constitution. No ifs, buts or ands about it. So you are a joke. I have plenty of evidence Americans hate due process and liberty, see the reaction to the Casey Anthony case. See their support for the Patriot Act. See their support for many things that infringe upon the rights of Americans. The majority of Americans hold these beliefs.

I do believe OJ Simpson did not kill two people. He was targeted by a racist and sickening investigation. You had one of the lead detectives (Mark Furman) using the word "n*g*er." It was a circumstantial case and the media tried him in the court of public opinion afterwards. THis is what this country does in sooooo many cases, try them in the media. Prejudice people's opinions without actually looking at real evidence, not a one-sided story. That is what we got in the Anthony and Simpson cases, as well as many others.

Sandusky is a creep and he is probably a *********, however I don't have the evidence to prove he is a criminal and a ****** abuser. There are allegations. Allegations do not necessitate proof in all cases. There is a lot left to be substantiated. There have been many cases across the country in which psychologists have been found to create memories in kids (or even older people) to say they were sexually assaulted and coerced by detectives, prosecutors, etc. to willingly or unwillingly make stories up. There is tons of peer review journal articles on this stuff. It is quite sick. Sandusky has a right to a trial. Paterno shouldn't have been fired until there was evidence he acted in the wrongdoing. We have ONE man say that he told Paterno of what happened. we still don't know what exactly he told him. We have what he claimed to have told him. McCreary has already found to be a liar. He said he reported these incidents to the police, yet there is no record of it. He has liked a couple times, so it is quite possible he is lying about what he said to Paterno. Paterno was forced out because of MEDIA scrutiny and emotional reaction. Even listen to the reasons why they dismissed him....They said it was "whats best for the university." That has nothing to do with what his actual actions were.

We do see mob justice all the time. We do see them support the government in infringing upon rights. We support politicians that support the Patriot Act, warrantless GPS tracking of vehicles, indefinite detention of people we claim to be enemies of the state--citizens included.

Look at the death threats made toward the jurors in the Casey Anthony case. THat isn't mob justice??? People were calling people that had the name Casey Anthony and threatening lives. Threatening the lives of the parents of Casey Anthony. There was an instance where a women attacked, assaulted and chased after another women that she thought looked like Casey Anthony. There is plenty of modern day lynchings. They just aren't like the good old fashion ones that these same people would have supported had they been alive in those days.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this thread still about Walden or are we discussing something else, such as ranting about the legal/ justice system? It might do well to keep this thread on topic and create an new thread in The Atrium if you want to discuss this further. It's just a suggestion, but I see this thread going downhill fast.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Kitten, you're right we're way off on a tangent and unless someone asks me a direct question, I'm done with this after this post.

PackwillBEback, the Pack IS ALREADY back, so even your forum name is wrong. (J/K)

Saying something is true doesn't make it so. I didn't see a single fact in support of your notion that the MAJORITY of Americans hate due process, liberty and rights. And frankly not being lucid and logical enough to figure out OJ did it says all I need to know about you.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ThxJackVainisi,

You make a valid point. Maybe we can discuss it more later, but I think I already hijacked the thread enough, so I'll lay off for a while. I don't disagree with you from a certain perspective, but another I do...hard to explain.

Anyways. Yes the Packers are more than back haha, not that they were ever truly gone in the first place :p. Though the Sherman era did have me wondering :).

Regardless of our opinions on this garbage, I think we can agree that last year and this year have been the most enjoyable football in a long time, if not ever to watch!!

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this is good to hear, I guess. I mean, it's still bad that violence occurred, but at least it sounds like he was innocent. If so, though, I'm a little scared. He had to sit in jail for 4 days for a crime he didn't commit. Could that happen to anyone? If someone accused me of a crime I didn't commit, could I just be thrown in jail until I pay bond, without any proof? That's scary. It reminds me of the movie "The Thin Blue Line" where a guy was nearly executed for a crime he didn't commit.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1st page filled up in hour and a half with mostly, cut him, get rid of him, he is scum..

Since released and no charges filed, took almost most a full day to half of those are talking about justice sytstem..

Tells me so fast to convict, but dont want to say sorry

Why???

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish here Long Time Fan. This is your second post in this regard as to an apology being needed to Walden. He's been released on bond. I previously stated women often recant physical violence attacks on themselves. I am not convinced he isn't guilty. You won't get an apology from me.

Members online

Latest posts