Erik Walden charged with disordely conduct

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, that's pretty common with domestic violence and abuse cases. It's ultimately up to the victim to decide whether to press charges or not, but calling the police to get a report made is fairly common.

I knew that...That was one fact that was not really posted here and was waiting to people to post it...So my comment was being sarcastic

It doesnt matter..I get the feeling that no matter what, people will think he slapped her around

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So no one has every fell when arguing?

I fell down stairs when arguing with my ex wife once...Didnt realize how close I was to the ledge of basement stairs..In the heat of fighting, took wrong step and wham tumbled down 7 stairs..

Not saying it isn't beyond the realm of possibility, but the "I fell and hit my head on XXXX" excuse is the oldest excuse in the book with domestic violence cases. While we have no choice but to take her at her word, I'll continue to remain skeptical.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people here acted like Walden is a chump. I tried to point out that he's been playing pretty well, and with Brad Jones being invisible, and Zombo being hurt always, this is going to be another big obstacle for our defense.

From Bob McGinn:
Judging strictly by on-field performance, Erik Walden really is improving. He had 3½ pressures, marking his fourth good rushing game in the last five. Clever LT Jeff Backus struggled both with Walden's outside speed rushes and more refined hand usage. One time, Walden paused, sized up Backus and then burst by him using mainly technique. Against the run, Walden set a hard edge, disengaged from blocks quickly and kept finding the ball carrier. On the other side, Clay Matthews had three of his five pressures against RT Gosder Cherilus.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walden has played well especially of late. But he needs to keep all the hitting on the field. I have no use for people in any walk of life that abuse women. I grew up in a house where that happened. There is absolutely no reason to hit a woman...period!

The facts aren't in for sure but I think there's fire where this smoke is.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Walden has played well especially of late. But he needs to keep all the hitting on the field. I have no use for people in any walk of life that abuse women. I grew up in a house where that happened. There is absolutely no reason to hit a woman...period!

The facts aren't in for sure but I think there's fire where this smoke is.

I think not to many are okay with people that abuse women or men..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bringing this up again

If this were Rodgers people would be singing a way different tune..dont lie cuz you know you would

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Bringing this up again

If this were Rodgers people would be singing a way different tune..dont lie cuz you know you would
False. First of all, Rodgers would never be doing this. Secondly, I would lose all respect for Rodgers if he did something like that. Our quarterback would never do something to hurt his image. Unlike others... *cough* Ben Roethlisberger *cough*

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Bringing this up again

If something happened with Aaron there would have to be a mistake. He would have been framed or something, I am positive of that.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey, you know folks, the conjecture here (and yeah, I know...internet fan forum...blah blah blah) is somewhat mind boggling - and I love 'scandal talk' as much as the next guy (NOT), but good lord ... eh, whatever I guess... frankly, over the years there have been so many of these issues with NFL players and their girlfriends/psuedo-wives/mothers-of-their-children -- take your pick ... that I've become embarrassingly immune to this "domestic abuse" charge.

...know what else? Way back in the day...while I was in college, I worked as an intern/volunteer at a domestic abuse shelter. Admittedly, I didn't have the stomach for what I saw and am now...in a wholly unrelated field (I'm embarrassed by that revelation as well). Truthfully, I don't know what in the hell to think....and therefore, I've elected to get on with my day and NOT think about this issue.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
False. First of all, Rodgers would never be doing this. Secondly, I would lose all respect for Rodgers if he did something like that. Our quarterback would never do something to hurt his image. Unlike others... *cough* Ben Roethlisberger *cough*

LOL ok

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's charged, he's gone. Easy and simple. This organization does not allow that kind of behavior to represent them.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty is the legal standard and rightly so, but that doesn't apply to public opinion and IMO it shouldn't. Otherwise you would have to say it was wrong to conclude OJ Simpson guilty before the verdict - and after that travesty of justice, thereafter. Of course that doesn't mean jumping to conclusions before knowing any, most, or all of the facts is right. IMO we just don't know enough about what happened to draw any conclusions at this point.

Fans can dismiss Walden as not very good but no one can argue the coaching staff, from McCarthy to Capers to Greene have seen him as their best option. For example like many of you, I was excited about the potential of So'oto during pre season but if the staff thought he was a better option at ROLB than Walden he would have been playing, right? Same with Brad Jones. And Zombo can't seem to stay on the field. BTW, I agree with McGinn and see Walden as better than many of my fellow Packers fans.

GBPack2010 can you reconcile your opinion that the Packers "don't allow that kind of behavior to represent them" with the facts surrounding Jolly's interactions with law enforcement? Or is just being charged with assault more serious than being charged with a second-degree drug possession felony? Remember, in the summer of 2008 the Packers organization knew Jolly was arrested in a vehicle he shared with three "friends" with criminal records, along with an unregistered hand gun, marijuana, and 'purple drank' (codeine). Except for the amount of codeine in the drank, I don't think any of those facts were in dispute. And the Packers knew that "party" was taking place in an area known for drug dealing and violence and they knew that some in the Houston PD suspected Jolly of dealing drugs. Jolly started 32 regular season games after being charged and the Packers took no action against him until the league suspended him.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers linebacker Erik Walden will not be charged at present for a domestic incident that caused him to spend the weekend in jail. Paul Srubas of the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that Walden is due back in court on December 7 after getting released on Monday. The district attorney says police need to determine whether Walden…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
You're saying I would still like Rodgers if he hit a girl??? Absolutely not. What makes Rodgers so likable is that he is so classy. Complete stand up guy.

And why even bring Rodgers in to this discussion? Just plain dumb.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're saying I would still like Rodgers if he hit a girl??? Absolutely not. What makes Rodgers so likable is that he is so classy. Complete stand up guy.

And why even bring Rodgers in to this discussion? Just plain dumb.

I believe he drew the Rodgers comparison to emphasize a point. Many of us are so quick to condemn Walden, would we be so quick to condemn Rodgers if he were accused of something similar? It makes you think how many people are quick to judge one person and not another. I think it's a good comparison and an effective one. Look how quickly people in this thread have already stepped up to defend Rodgers. Your own defense of Rodgers only emphasizes his point.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She's changed her story; she is now saying that she went after him and he was defending himself. I hope it's true. And then I hope he gets out of that relationship.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans can dismiss Walden as not very good but no one can argue the coaching staff, from McCarthy to Capers to Greene have seen him as their best option. For example like many of you, I was excited about the potential of So'oto during pre season but if the staff thought he was a better option at ROLB than Walden he would have been playing, right? Same with Brad Jones. And Zombo can't seem to stay on the field. BTW, I agree with McGinn and see Walden as better than many of my fellow Packers fans.
I also said this..... Walden has been playing very solidly and he's clearly better than anyone else at that spot right now.
Plus, guys go down like flies with injury -for us- at that position, so you don't want to lose him due to this crap.
It's not all about the starter. Depth is critical as well. We can't lose guys to the law like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts